Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 126 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!! Very nice!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Comic Book Rebels (S/L 750 copies) - a Who's Who of comic book legends from the 80's and 90's. Wonder why McFarlane was too busy to sign...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would guess because his name was between Moore and Gaiman - there is/was just a bit of bad blood between that trio...just look at miracleman history

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ooooh, neat! Always wanted one of those Comic Book Rebels' limiteds. Those are not that common. Been (very) casually looking for a deal on a copy for about.... 20 years. Neat book- thanks for sharing.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's cool. How many copies of that signed edition were there?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That's cool. How many copies of that signed edition were there?
    Looks like 750

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I'm also thinking about selling my Hill House editions. Not sure yet, but putting feelers out. What does everyone think a fair price would be for a complete matching set with all the extras?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    I'm also thinking about selling my Hill House editions. Not sure yet, but putting feelers out. What does everyone think a fair price would be for a complete matching set with all the extras?
    What makes up your set? American Gods w/Reader Copy, Anansi Boys w/Notebook, Melinda, and A Screenplay?

American Gods with the reader's copy. The Christmas story. Melinda. A Screenplay. Anansi Boys limited including the notebook of Gaiman's notes, special print, chapbook preview and special double slipcase (The slipcase on this may be unique. I was communicating with the Hill House owner and he mentioned a slipcase he was working on to hold the book in its slipcase plus the bonus chapbook of Gaiman's notes. He wanted my opinion on it and sent me one. It's essentially a double slipcase. Shortly afterwards they went under. So as far as I know these were never offered to anyone else.) and also I also have the matching number for Neverwhere.

And they are low numbered. 47.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    American Gods with the reader's copy. The Christmas story. Melinda. A Screenplay. Anansi Boys limited including the notebook of Gaiman's notes, special print, chapbook preview and special double slipcase (The slipcase on this may be unique. I was communicating with the Hill House owner and he mentioned a slipcase he was working on to hold the book in its slipcase plus the bonus chapbook of Gaiman's notes. He wanted my opinion on it and sent me one. It's essentially a double slipcase. Shortly afterwards they went under. So as far as I know these were never offered to anyone else.) and also I also have the matching number for Neverwhere.
    Wow, that's quite a set. I think the issue might be finding a collector who didn't have any of those items and wanted to buy the whole lot at once. Some of those pieces I'd like to have, but others I already own. Plus for me, matching numbers don't mean much, but to have the complete Hill House set matched, well that has to add value.

I've seen current copies of AG and AB selling for around $300, but the extras are usually not included. Melinda is around $150, and Neverwhere is maybe $150-200. A Screenplay is maybe 300-400 (I know Chad paid less for his recently). The other items never come up for sale, so I couldn't say what the value is. So maybe the whole lot together would be around $1750-$2250. Hard to come up with a good value for all of them together. Again, I think finding the buyer who either doesn't have any of these items, or someone who does have some but would sell them off and buy your set would be tough. Its not like Martins A Song of Ice and Fire books. Folks are paying over 10,000 for matching sets.

If it were me, and I had the set, I would never sell it :-)

Yeah, not sure if I want to part with them either. But having been out of work for 3+ years can make one reconsider.
    I wish my set of Martin's book went for that much! My matching set of the 1st 4 books went recently for $3600.

Country
    Country Flag

My number of 10k was a little off. I think I was reading of someone trying to sell a lettered complete set. 3600 for the first 4 is a good value. Not to hijack the Gaiman thread, but here is some data on Martin sets from the Westeros message board:

September 2011 – full set of books went for $5300 on eBay
    Early 2012 – numbered GoT for $1,300 off eBay
    April 2012 – GoT #40 went for $1625 on eBay
    April 2012 – Storm + Feast only with no rights went for $3050 on ebay:
    May 2012 – Full set with rights went for $4,550
    May 2012 – First four books with NO rights went for $3551
    May 2012 - First three books only went for $2,850 OFF eBay
    May 2012 – GoT #116 went for $2100 on eBay
    May 2012 – Full set with rights went for $5100
    June 2012 - First three books only + bookmarks for $2132 on eBay
    June 2012 – First four books with no rights for $4000:

I hate it that you are forced into selling off some of these amazing sets.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Eric - it would be tough to sell of the entire set - most collectors have some or all. Your set is amazing - the double slipcase is very rare, not to mention all of the extras. If I did not have the Hill House set already I would offer to buy it. As it is the ones I really wanted/needed - were the Biting Dog Press books (thank you btw). I can only think of one person here who might be interested and that is Simon, however he just picked up a few of the Hill House books recently (and he is not a huge Gaiman collector).

I recently purchased A screenplay, AG with readers copy, and Anansi Boys with matching numbered notebook - and three of these were all the same number as well - and I only paid $500 for all of them - total (that was this past week) - (sorry Eric). That being said I will probably be selling one or two of my other copies here - at my cost (so fairly inexpensive).

Most recently a copy of AG without the readers copy, but with a signed 10th anniversary copy of AG sold for $225; and Anansi Boys with notebook went for $108 (Simon got a great deal). These were both auctioned by Greg at Dreamhaven - he has another set of both of these up again ending this monday - so that can give you another idea of value.

Sub press - has copies of a screenplay for $500 and Melinda for $200 on their site

So by my math and what has sold recently - the $1750 mark might be a bit high - especially if people are looking for a deal. You might have better luck selling individually if you cannot get interest in the entire set.

Sorry - gotta run and get my son from daycare - but would be interested in others thoughts

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I recently purchased A screenplay, AG with readers copy, and Anansi Boys with matching numbered notebook - and three of these were all the same number as well - and I only paid $500 for all of them - total (that was this past week) - (sorry Eric).
    I never get upset over the prices I paid for books, especially if it was a year or two ago. In 2011, when I bought the Hill House books, I wanted the books and was happy to pay the prices I did. And when fellow collectors are able to acquire those same books today, even if they paid less, I am thrilled for them.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New short story in THE GUARDIAN
    >>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013...an-short-story
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    New short story in THE GUARDIAN
    >>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013...an-short-story
    Thanks for the link - I liked the short story

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signed copies of THE OCEAN... for $26! >>> http://www.portersquarebooks.com/pre...ocean-end-lane

Unfortunately, no international shipping... so if someone can help me out... >>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post765695
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed copies of THE OCEAN... for $26! >>> http://www.portersquarebooks.com/pre...ocean-end-lane

Unfortunately, no international shipping... so if someone can help me out... >>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post765695
    pm sent...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, but another member offered to help me prior to you, and i went with him. Thanks though!

Country
    Country Flag

Barnes and Noble is pre-selling them for 17.67 - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9780062280213

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

Barnes and Noble is pre-selling them for 17.67 - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9780062280213
    Thanks a lot for the link. The book came to $25 with shipping included to Canada. Incredible.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

Thanks a lot for the link. The book came to $25 with shipping included to Canada. Incredible.
    You're welcome.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Looking for Hill House editions of Gaiman's work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 126 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast