Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    sweet!
    Cit74 is a huge Gaiman fan too.
    What about me? I'm the one that started this thread...I'm a huge fan...no love at all :-)
    And Elazansky is a HUGE fan as well

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Oh, and did I mention I have an ARC of The Ocean at the End of the Lane?
    Would like to talk with you if you are planning to sell this.

Karl

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huge fan, though my collection is not as 'deep' as others here.

Have all the Hill House pubs, with the Melinda Triptych, Biting Dog's Murder Mysteries (note avatar), and all of his novels 1/1 signed.

Have all the chapbook type pubs signed, one or two from Dreamhaven as others here also purchase from.

Had the pleasure of meeting him in Atlanta many years ago when Sandman was still being published, what a great guy.

Pride is Good Omens signed "Have a great Doomsday" to me.

Karl

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Nope, hanging on to it for now. Reading it slowly.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Oh, and did I mention I have an ARC of The Ocean at the End of the Lane?
    I was told that i should be getting one when they were available... so i hope there will be one on its way to the Champs Elysées
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Neil's got a short story coming out in a new S/L anthology - http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...sible_monsters
    thanks Eric - just saw that one this morning too - the story neil wrote for that anthology ("Click-Clack the Rattlelebag") is also available as an audio book - i got it for free one day back around halloween (that was before I was a member on this site) - and it was read by Neil - not sure if it is still free - but a quick search might find it:i got it through audible.com
    Not sure if I want to spend another 60 bucks just chasing his signature...
    I was interested in a few of the other stories/authors in the anthology - so I took the plunge - plus it was only $25 more than the unsigned version - so I can always let you know if it is a worthwhile read and production...I am guessing that these will not sell out before publication and will still be available - if not on sub press site - then at least through camelot for issue price
    Camelot has it for preorder at $54 - couldn't refuse it at that price.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neil's got a short story coming out in a new S/L anthology - http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...sible_monsters
    thanks Eric - just saw that one this morning too - the story neil wrote for that anthology ("Click-Clack the Rattlelebag") is also available as an audio book - i got it for free one day back around halloween (that was before I was a member on this site) - and it was read by Neil - not sure if it is still free - but a quick search might find it:i got it through audible.com
    Not sure if I want to spend another 60 bucks just chasing his signature...
    I was interested in a few of the other stories/authors in the anthology - so I took the plunge - plus it was only $25 more than the unsigned version - so I can always let you know if it is a worthwhile read and production...I am guessing that these will not sell out before publication and will still be available - if not on sub press site - then at least through camelot for issue price
    Camelot has it for preorder at $54 - couldn't refuse it at that price.
    Oh well I gave bill a few more bucks. Teaches me to listen to my own advice and ask kim at camelot first. However, there were no shipping charges (yet?) when I ordered it direct from sub press.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

FYI- Subpress has a couple HH items back in stock. Not cheap, but-

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/tw...ties_available

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fortunately I already have both of those - and paid a far bit less as well (thankfully). It is funny since Dream Haven just had both of those in stock and on ebay a little over a week ago - maybe Neil is cleaning house - getting ready for all of his new books that are coming out this year

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

That's not too bad for A Screenplay if you don't have one. They hardly ever come up for sale or auction.

Country
    Country Flag

Also sounds like sub press has multiple copies since in description they say:

"Limited: 500 numbered hardcover copies, signed by Neil. Ours are PC copies"

same with melinda:

The copies offered to us are among among the extra copies produced for Neil Giaman and Dagmara Matusak's private use. They have been signed by Neil.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

That's not too bad for A Screenplay if you don't have one. They hardly ever come up for sale or auction.
    I found it interesting that these are PC copies- and that it is mentioned that they "were offered 25 copies". I wonder by whom, and how many pc copies of any of the HH books are out there? Somebody bought all that remaining HH stock. I've always wondered who that was. We know that Dreanhaven and Subpress each bought a bunch of remaining NG stock.. but from whom? And, it keeps trickling in.. I never believed that Peter Schneider (whose wife is Gaiman's long-time editor) intentionally ripped anybody off, but apparently some people were owed money who never got it back (I wasn't one of them- got everything I paid for, thankfully)- I often wonder that even though they ran out of money doing Anansi Boys- why wasn't some of the (apparently considerable) back stock offered to customers owed money? And why is it all so hush-hush, even all these years later? HH was one of the best publishers of fine books that ever was- and one of the most notorious for leaving many people ripped off- It's a fascinating story that never got told.

Ron

My Mood
    Relaxed

Also sounds like sub press has multiple copies since in description they say:

"Limited: 500 numbered hardcover copies, signed by Neil. Ours are PC copies"

same with melinda:

The copies offered to us are among among the extra copies produced for Neil Giaman and Dagmara Matusak's private use. They have been signed by Neil.
    Lol- I should have read deeper- that explains some of what I was rambling about.

Country
    Country Flag

Gaiman just released the calendar of stories - a little impromptu collection he created based upon suggestions to twelve questions he tweeted out last month - also a large ad for blackberry (the sponsor). Anyway you can read the stories:

http://keepmoving.blackberry.com/ass...ot-stories.pdf

Info on the project:
    http://keepmoving.blackberry.com/des...l?CPID=E70C215

Country
    Country Flag

Gaiman just released the calendar of stories - a little impromptu collection he created based upon suggestions to twelve questions he tweeted out last month - also a large ad for blackberry (the sponsor). Anyway you can read the stories:

http://keepmoving.blackberry.com/ass...ot-stories.pdf

Info on the project:
    http://keepmoving.blackberry.com/des...l?CPID=E70C215
    That's really cool - it says there will be a "printed, limited edition of A Calendar of Tales." I'd buy one.

Country
    Country Flag

I just downloaded it into iBooks - but will look out for the printed version - they are in the process of obtaining artwork now - via similar process - online submissions

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question - I'm trying to figure out if Neil did indeed sign an anthology I have where he's an editor. The only one I think is close is the larger red one in the middle of the photo. I can't really match it up to any of the other contributors. It's not a perfectly easy one for me to figure out. The tail end and loop of the n looks similar. But the g and Neil not really. Just curious as to others thoughts.

I might still bring this to his book signing tour - and at least get a better sig (but I might feel a little odd if indeed that red one was his)

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question - I'm trying to figure out if Neil did indeed sign an anthology I have where he's an editor. The only one I think is close is the larger red one in the middle of the photo. I can't really match it up to any of the other contributors. It's not a perfectly easy one for me to figure out. The tail end and loop of the n looks similar. But the g and Neil not really. Just curious as to others thoughts.

I might still bring this to his book signing tour - and at least get a better sig (but I might feel a little odd if indeed that red one was his)
    I don't think it is his -- LIMITED EDITION. Edition is limited to 250 copies. Signed by most of the contributors with the exception of Neil Gaiman and Robert Bloch.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'd buy that calendar. It would look nice next to Making a Chair.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I pre-ordered the anthology when it was announced. Too cheap to pass up. Then I ordered a copy of MELINDA from Sub Press the other day.

I wanted to get A SCREENPLAY, but the $500 price tag is too steep for me.

The calendar concept sounds cool. I haven't read any of the stories yet.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I pre-ordered the anthology when it was announced. Too cheap to pass up. Then I ordered a copy of MELINDA from Sub Press the other day.

I wanted to get A SCREENPLAY, but the $500 price tag is too steep for me.

The calendar concept sounds cool. I haven't read any of the stories yet.
    good job with Melinda - a very nice book. I wonder if the Sub Press copy will have the white manilla envelope (that had a color print on it) also - these were numbered as well as the book (or in case of my Tim Lebbon copy - it had his name on the envelope). If so - I stored the book out of envelope (the envelope can start to tear in the corners from rubbing and eventually the metal clasps will break (just keeping the envelope off to the side). Plus I really like the book and will start reading it to my son...

As for a screenplay - I will let you know if I see any up on ebay - I lucked out and got mine 2 weeks ago on auction for less than $200. (plus a second copy of melinda for $100 - couldnt pass up the low price) - so people were not really aware or bidding on these.

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure that this will make a difference to anyone - but the Sub Press copies of A screenplay are not PC copies, but numbered copies - so 25 numbered copies are out there - wonder if someone involved in Hill House was going through an old storage closet:

Update: We thought our copies of A Screenplay were PC copies, and listed them as such on our site. It turns out they're actual numbered copies. We're only accepting orders for another couple of days (or while supplies last) so don't hesitate.

I wonder what they will do after a couple of days with remaining copies?

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My understanding is that Dreamhaven bought all of the remaining Hill House stock sometime in the past two years. my guess is that is where these copies are coming from..

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe Dream Haven will put a few more up for auction - my copy came from them, but I didn't see any up on their site. As an aside here is some info on Neil's signing this weekend at books of wonder in NY - I am guessing this is how the rest of the tour will go for the Ocean at the end of the Lane - I might have to bring Caleb with me too - so I can get an extra book signed...

Neil and Adam will personalize an UNLIMITED number of CHU'S DAY purchased from Books of Wonder and will sign (not personalize), up to TWO other NEWLY purchased books. Please note that if you are unable to attend the event, but purchase any Neil Gaiman books and want them shipped to you, we can get them signed, but not personalized.

*NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX will sign (not personalize), ONE beloved book brought from home.

* If a customer does NOT purchase a CHU'S DAY or another title by NEIL GAIMAN or ADAM REX from Books of Wonder, they will have to go into a second signing line that will go AFTER the first signing line is completed. There will be a limit of one book signed per person for this line.

As a cherry on top what is already a sweet Saturday afternoon, NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX would like to show their support for Books of Wonder by pre-signing a special quantity of Limited Edition Chu's Day Posters (which features the book's cover design). These posters will be available to fans both at the event and online for a donation of $15 to Books of Wonder.

We can hardly wait to share this special afternoon with book lovers of all ages. NEIL GAIMAN and ADAM REX will meet and greet fans, and sign all their many wonderful, award-winning titles. Ages 4 and up. Saturday, February 23rd, Beginning at Noon.

Country
    Country Flag

Just got a few more books in this week and wanted to post a couple here. Since I don't think I've seen them up yet in this thread. Both of the Biting Dog press books - both #42 - pretty sweet since Gaiman wrote a biography of Douglas Adams (the meaning of life...). I will put more up in my thread - but here are a couple:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast