Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I bought a copy of the Hill House version of Anansi Boys for 200.00 in like new condition. Is that a good price?
    I think it is a good price for the book. Did it come with the matching soft-covered matching numbered Notebooks? I think the pair are worth a lot more than just the book itself.

http://www.neilgaimanbibliography.co...notebooks.html

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I found a Stardust ARC (not signed) while in a used book store tonight. Any idea what it's worth? It will be getting it signed when I go to the NYC book signing in a few weeks.
    I couldn't say for the version you have - is it a slipcased version? The really collectible ones are the slipcased version - there were 250 of these - and they were signed and numbered (that version is probably worth close to $1000). Here's a little blurb on that arc:

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2012...eep-on-giving/
    It's not the slipcased one but it's the same arc as the signed one. I got it for $15. Just wanting a general idea of value.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I bought a copy of the Hill House version of Anansi Boys for 200.00 in like new condition. Is that a good price?
    I think it is a good price for the book. Did it come with the matching soft-covered matching numbered Notebooks? I think the pair are worth a lot more than just the book itself.

http://www.neilgaimanbibliography.co...notebooks.html
    I got mine for less but it did not come with the notebook (very few on eBay or Abe's do). There was one seller that had the notebook included (different number though) and they went for $168 and around $190 in two separate auctions (I think the seller is stockerholme? - and they sell a bunch of gaiman s/l - like little ghastly stuff and mirrormask). I asked if they had any more of the notebooks to sell individually and they did not. There are a bunch of buy it now that are around $300 - so $200 is a decent price. Also the ottakkers version includes about 2/3 of the extra material found in the notebook.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a new listing for a limited arc on ebay for $299 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-...item27cfafccce

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a new listing for a limited arc on ebay for $299 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-...item27cfafccce
    I know - I just saw that - I was searching to find a decent price point for your arc - it looks like signed first editions of stardust are in the range of $75-150 - but I haven't seen that any sold (I'd check completed listings for that). But I guess the question is are you looking to sell it once signed or just an idea of value for your collection? Since those are two different things.

As for the seller of the stardust arc - they have a ton of rare s/l gaiman - check out their store and search for gaiman. But honestly everything there is WAY overpriced. I have bought many of the books they have, and got them for $100-200 less - and mostly closer to the $200 mark less. They have a neat chap book for $199 - and you can find the same thing on Abe's for between $59-125 - so I wouldn't buy anything from there at those prices. I just bought a hill house AG for $475 - a beautiful copy (included the readers book) - and seller on Abe's wanted $675 - I just emailed him and had a nice conversation - did it through Paypal and brought the price down $200 - which is $200 less than this seller wants. Everything on their storefront can be found cheaper (mostly).

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I'm just interested in value for my collection. I had a few Gaiman books but didn't really get into collecting him due to the fact that I have so many other authors and I'm just running out of room and money, haha.

Since I'm going to the signing, I decided to pick up some 1st editions and I ran across that arc last night.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I'm just interested in value for my collection. I had a few Gaiman books but didn't really get into collecting him due to the fact that I have so many other authors and I'm just running out of room and money, haha.

Since I'm going to the signing, I decided to pick up some 1st editions and I ran across that arc last night.
    I've seen the regular US ARC go for anywhere between 20-100, so it is hard to judge value. I am not an ARC collector, so I couldn't say fpr sure what it is really worth. Neil's signature will add some to it, but his signature is very common. He has signed a TON of books over the years.

As for the limited edition ARC for $299, that doesn't interest me at all. With all of the money I spend on books, I would much rather spend a little extra on a quality production, like the Hill House books, or for SK The Regulators, Eyes of the Dragon, or Skeleton Crew, than I would for a paperback book with a signature page, I used to think I had to have everything. Now, I am looking for really interesting stuff to spend my cash on. Although, I am finding those items few and far between these days.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't usually collect arcs unless I find them for cheap! They're fun to come across.

Country
    Country Flag

Besides the SK s/l these past few weeks - I found great deals on these 3 to round out my gaiman books - so the wallet took a beating - that stardust arc is appealing - but in light of recent expenditures tough to stomach - plus the books I got below were close to $200 less than what that seller wants - so I would not go for them. So it was a rather expensive week - but some great books came in. The screenplay and Melinda were in the same auction from dream haven.

As Eric mentioned - and I agree - I'd rather save for the hill house American gods - i will post more detailed pics of these in my thread later today

Country
    Country Flag

All wonderful purchases there, Chad. As we mentioned before, A Screenplay is "boring," but definitely a must have in my opinion. And the other two are two of my favorites.

Country
    Country Flag

All wonderful purchases there, Chad. As we mentioned before, A Screenplay is "boring," but definitely a must have in my opinion. And the other two are two of my favorites.

yes a screenplay is mighty boring - i might try reading that with caleb at night to jazz it up a bit...

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yeah, I think that's a great price. Pretty close to issue price, I think, which is a bargain to me considering it's rarity- and certainly it's stunning beauty. The Notebook, while nice enough isn't anything mandatory, imo. The book proper is a truly lovely production of a very underrated novel. Some of the other HH books get a bit more "glory" for various reasons, but I think time will prove kinder to AB- both the novel itself, and this particular edition.

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

Neil's got a short story coming out in a new S/L anthology - http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...sible_monsters

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Hello, newbie here. Referred by a member here that I'm currently packing up some Gaiman limited editions for. Saying goodbye to two copies of Biting Dog Press' Murder Mysteries and Snow Glass Apples. They are numbered 42. And a UK slipcase limited of Anansi Boys.

I'll let the member here identify themselves if they wish.

I have a pretty good Gaiman collection. I've sold off a few things here and there due to being out of work for close to three years. But I still have some interesting items including all of the Hill House Editions. I'll have to post pics when I can.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome to the site
    I look forward to seeing some of your collection.
    Did you get a chance to introduce yourself in the "introduce yourself" thread?
    Hope to see you around. I have a few nice Gaiman books but mostly King ,Joe hill, Ray Bradbury and some others....yes I am an addict

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Oh, and did I mention I have an ARC of The Ocean at the End of the Lane?

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

sweet!
    Cit74 is a huge Gaiman fan too.

Country
    Country Flag

Neil's got a short story coming out in a new S/L anthology - http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...sible_monsters
    thanks Eric - just saw that one this morning too - the story neil wrote for that anthology ("Click-Clack the Rattlelebag") is also available as an audio book - i got it for free one day back around halloween (that was before I was a member on this site) - and it was read by Neil - not sure if it is still free - but a quick search might find it:i got it through audible.com

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    sweet!
    Yeah - if you haven't guessed it by now - that was me that bought all three of those books from booknutt - so of course I will post them once I receive them and gladly tell of my good interaction with booknutt

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Hello, newbie here. Referred by a member here that I'm currently packing up some Gaiman limited editions for. Saying goodbye to two copies of Biting Dog Press' Murder Mysteries and Snow Glass Apples. They are numbered 42. And a UK slipcase limited of Anansi Boys.

I'll let the member here identify themselves if they wish.

I have a pretty good Gaiman collection. I've sold off a few things here and there due to being out of work for close to three years. But I still have some interesting items including all of the Hill House Editions. I'll have to post pics when I can.
    Welcome as well - look forward to hearing from you and seeing your collection. And I can only say very good things about booknutt - from my few dealings with him (I will take credit for the three new books) - and will happily post pics of them once they arrive.

Country
    Country Flag

sweet!
    I might turn Shannon into a fan as well - since I am dropping off the entire Sandman series to him in about 3 weeks - on a short group getaway to Vegas that I have planned over my birthday

Country
    Country Flag

sweet!
    What about me? I'm the one that started this thread...I'm a huge fan...no love at all :-)

Country
    Country Flag

thanks Eric - just saw that one this morning too - the story neil wrote for that anthology ("Click-Clack the Rattlelebag") is also available as an audio book - i got it for free one day back around halloween (that was before I was a member on this site) - and it was read by Neil - not sure if it is still free - but a quick search might find it:i got it through audible.com
    Not sure if I want to spend another 60 bucks just chasing his signature...

Country
    Country Flag

sweet!
    What about me? I'm the one that started this thread...I'm a huge fan...no love at all :-)

Is that good? I do appreciate the thread...plus all of my Gaiman questions answered - between you, Simon and Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if I want to spend another 60 bucks just chasing his signature...
    I was interested in a few of the other stories/authors in the anthology - so I took the plunge - plus it was only $25 more than the unsigned version - so I can always let you know if it is a worthwhile read and production...I am guessing that these will not sell out before publication and will still be available - if not on sub press site - then at least through camelot for issue price

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast