Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And a favorite sandman Remarque

Check out my collection - I posted the rest of my gaiman books there

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok - not sure what everyones top 3 Gaiman collectible books would be - but mine are (no particular order):
    1) a screenplay of good omens
    2) American gods Hill House edition
    3) toss up between startdust ARC or coraline signed/numbered hobby market 4000 printed (only 177 signed/numbered) -

I already have my signed coraline and today I was able to get #1 on the list. I did my somewhat weekly "gaiman signed" ebay search - and found A Screenplay listed the other day - and it was from dreamhaven books (i have bought from their online store and they have a special Gaiman store) - and amazingly was only at $34 still this morning. With about 5 minutes left - still only around $100 - and well below what I was willing to spend (especially since Eric mentioned how much he paid and the cheapest on Abe's is $450)...drum roll please

Spoiler:
    I got it for $187

btw the buy it now price was
    Spoiler:
    $500 - I only saw that after I received the payment message - since there was already a bid placed by the time I saw it

And they had a copy of Melinda as well and I grabbed my second copy (could not resist) for $105 - figured I might as well save on shipping

Needless to say I am really excited - and I will post pics of it once it arrives. And I am sorry that I did not mention that it was up for auction - I think you all can understand - but now that I have my copy if I see it again I will let you all know

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

wow! nice score.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent purchase on "A Screenplay", Chad! I'm not upset at all at the price you paid. Sometimes, items come up for sale and nobody is looking for it at that time. You certainly got a wonderful price. Hope the quality of the book and box is there when it arrives.

The 3 Most Collectible (i.e. valuable) Gaiman books that I think I have in my collection are:

1) A Screenplay
    2) American Gods - Hill House
    3) American Gods: The Reader's Copy - Hill House (number matches the regular edition)

3 of my favorite "other" books are:

1) The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide To Eccentric & Discredited Diseases S/L - I love how the limitation pages look like prescription pads.
    2) The Machineries of Joy by Ray Bradbury - only 100 copies signed by Gaiman and Bradbury
    3) Legends II S/L - just a great set of signatures from some amazing authors

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Excellent purchase on "A Screenplay", Chad! I'm not upset at all at the price you paid. Sometimes, items come up for sale and nobody is looking for it at that time. You certainly got a wonderful price. Hope the quality of the book and box is there when it arrives.

The 3 Most Collectible (i.e. valuable) Gaiman books that I think I have in my collection are:

1) A Screenplay
    2) American Gods - Hill House
    3) American Gods: The Reader's Copy - Hill House (number matches the regular edition)

3 of my favorite "other" books are:

1) The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide To Eccentric & Discredited Diseases S/L - I love how the limitation pages look like prescription pads.
    2) The Machineries of Joy by Ray Bradbury - only 100 copies signed by Gaiman and Bradbury
    3) Legends II S/L - just a great set of signatures from some amazing authors
    thanks - those are great choices (I have thackery T - on lay away with other books from Camelot). I was doing a completed search on ebay and saw a stardust ARC gor for $87 - cant get everything...

I was close to getting the machineries of joy too (still might)

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Top 3 Gaiman "collectible" books..? Hmmm, I'm pretty much with you guys on the Hill House editions, but I'd put Anansi Boys as #1, AG #2, and I'll go with you on the Coraline "Hobby Market" edition! I just really like that book- even better than the subsequent Subpress edition which I have to consider inferior as it drops the extra material.

Gotta say, that the "A Screenplay", though certainly rare- is pretty bland, imo.

But I can't praise that HH Anansi Boys enough. In the whole of my collection- which includes a deluxe Salem's Lot, a limited Skeleton Crew (a top 3 "nice" book for me, always), quite a few Charnel House editions- I consistently put that Anansi Boys as my favorite edition of any book. It's just perfectly sumptuous in every way. It's so good- it put the publisher out of business! Well, poor business decisions as a whole probably was their undoing, but I'm SO glad that I've had the real pleasure of having that beautiful book in my collection.

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Top 3 Gaiman "collectible" books..? Hmmm, I'm pretty much with you guys on the Hill House editions, but I'd put Anansi Boys as #1, AG #2, and I'll go with you on the Coraline "Hobby Market" edition! I just really like that book- even better than the subsequent Subpress edition which I have to consider inferior as it drops the extra material.

Gotta say, that the "A Screenplay", though certainly rare- is pretty bland, imo.

But I can't praise that HH Anansi Boys enough. In the whole of my collection- which includes a deluxe Salem's Lot, a limited Skeleton Crew (a top 3 "nice" book for me, always), quite a few Charnel House editions- I consistently put that Anansi Boys as my favorite edition of any book. It's just perfectly sumptuous in every way. It's so good- it put the publisher out of business! Well, poor business decisions as a whole probably was their undoing, but I'm SO glad that I've had the real pleasure of having that beautiful book in my collection.

Ron
    I agree - I really like Anansi Boys as well - a very nice book and the art is great too (one reason that I was looking forward to Dagmara doing the shining, but I will be interested to see what GR comes up with)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Ron
    I love my copy of Anansi Boys too. It was hard to find with the matching numbered Notebook, but it is also one of the high points of my Gaiman collection. And A Screenplay is definitely a little boring...but it is just a screenplay :-)

Country
    Country Flag

just got this email today - from harper collins that you can pre-order signed copies of Neil's upcoming book - Ocean at the end of the lane

http://links.e.harpercollins.com/ser...FORWARD_INFO%%

not sure the link will work - if not search via Barnes and Nobles - choose that option since they have them on sale for around $16 - thats the signed copy - figured if i cant make it to his signing - then this is a cheap alternative

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon announced the signed copies foe $150, currently being discounted to $94.50
    >>>> http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Lane-Del...d&tag=csk21-20

++ apparently there will be a printed version of his speech "make good art". Which was a really good speech
    Link to the speech : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAb-NYkseI
    Preorders on amazon >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAb-...t&tag=csk21-20
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    just got this email today - from harper collins that you can pre-order signed copies of Neil's upcoming book - Ocean at the end of the lane

not sure the link will work - if not search via Barnes and Nobles - choose that option since they have them on sale for around $16 - thats the signed copy - figured if i cant make it to his signing - then this is a cheap alternative
    I wonder if the "Signed First Edition" from B&N will have the tipped-in signature page like American Gods and Anansi Boys, and not just a signature. That would be nice...

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the "Signed First Edition" from B&N will have the tipped-in signature page like American Gods and Anansi Boys, and not just a signature. That would be nice...
    I am willing to bet it will just be flat signed, no tipped in page. I've ordered his signed books directly from the dream haven site (they still have a bunch and only charge the regular book price) - and these are just flat signed. I used their site to fill in the gaps of my gaiman books - figured why not fill them with a signed one.

Country
    Country Flag

I am willing to bet it will just be flat signed, no tipped in page. I've ordered his signed books directly from the dream haven site (they still have a bunch and only charge the regular book price) - and these are just flat signed. I used their site to fill in the gaps of my gaiman books - figured why not fill them with a signed one.
    But he signs a ton of stuff for Dreamhaven. Since B&N will be selling presigned copies directly from the publisher, I am hoping for a tip in. There will be a plenty of flatsigned copies available.

Country
    Country Flag

True - guess we will have to wait...well I have a new edition on the way - these are some of the pics the seller sent me (but I should see the books by mid-week) - between getting this and a Screenplay - its been a busy book buying week - I will have to lay low and see what we owe in taxes before any more purchases...

Country
    Country Flag

But he signs a ton of stuff for Dreamhaven. Since B&N will be selling presigned copies directly from the publisher, I am hoping for a tip in. There will be a plenty of flatsigned copies available.
    My apologies Eric - I saw this on an ebay auction for anansi boys - so maybe the publisher signed Oceans at the end of the lane will be similar:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-...item2a28d7677b

Country
    Country Flag

Found the answer on the signed pre-orders - they will be tip in sheets. According to Gaiman's journal/blog he will be signing stacks of sheets late march/April - prior to books being printed.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True - guess we will have to wait...well I have a new edition on the way - these are some of the pics the seller sent me (but I should see the books by mid-week) - between getting this and a Screenplay - its been a busy book buying week - I will have to lay low and see what we owe in taxes before any more purchases...

Looks like a nice item!
    I TRUELY loved that book. I am waiting to recieve a first french edition.

The 10th year anniversary edition sounds interesting too :
    "Many well read books get anniversary editions, but few if any get a re-release in hardcover for said anniversary.
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman is that odd duck that gets the honor this year from Morrow in an Author's Preferred Edition this June. The cover mimics the direction of both the US hardcover and paper release only in a more staid fashion. This edition being the preferred will also contain about 12,000 more words than the original release plus a new introduction.
    The hardcover first edition was 480 pages and this edition will clock in at 544 pages or so. Before you could only get this version in the Hill House limited edition and I believe there was a British edition that came out as well, but this version has never seen wide release in the States."
    Edit : it seems that the text of this anniversary edition is the same one than the limited edition by Hill House.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Found the answer on the signed pre-orders - they will be tip in sheets. According to Gaiman's journal/blog he will be signing stacks of sheets late march/April - prior to books being printed.
    Cool...and I am happy you were able to purchase the Hill House American Gods. They sure did make some beautiful books.

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone interested in a signed Easton press copy of American gods let me know (still in shrink wrap). I have 2 - there was a delay in shipping and Easton press sent me a second copy. I'll sell it for $65 (includes priority mail shipping). I think these are still available on Easton press site for $99. If overseas I'll split the shipping - so it might be a little more (depending upon how you want it shipped). Just PM me.

SOLD

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was always tempted to pick up Hill House's American Gods. I have a couple of Bradbury books from them and always loved their editions.
    Althought I don't have one, the lettered edition of American Gods may be my favorite limited production.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I was always tempted to pick up Hill House's American Gods. I have a couple of Bradbury books from them and always loved their editions.
    Althought I don't have one, the lettered edition of American Gods may be my favorite limited production.
    I saw that listed on Abe's - that is huge and an amazingly well put together lettered - really nice looking

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I added a limited edition of AG by Hill House in my tobuy list

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered a signed copy from Porter Square, an independent bookstore. I don't trust the large chain bookstores to ship signed books properly.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Traveler Klobber is on a distinguished road

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I am trying to save for an engagement ring & so having to sell some of my books on eBay.
    Here's the Ottakars version of Anansi Boys. Please send it to a good home. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130841814958
    In terms of collectible Neil Gaiman thread, this is a beautiful book, but I hadn't really paid it much attention until looking to sell.
    My personal favourite I have is a signed Hold Me, Hellblazer. I'm not sure I could part with that one even if it meant the difference between diamond or no diamond.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Klobber View Post
    Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I am trying to save for an engagement ring & so having to sell some of my books on eBay.
    Here's the Ottakars version of Anansi Boys. Please send it to a good home. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130841814958
    In terms of collectible Neil Gaiman thread, this is a beautiful book, but I hadn't really paid it much attention until looking to sell.
    My personal favourite I have is a signed Hold Me, Hellblazer. I'm not sure I could part with that one even if it meant the difference between diamond or no diamond.
    Nice to hear from you and welcome to the site - If you post a couple more times we can PM you about the book - please feel free to message me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast