Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 126 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    yeah but 2 are the standard book being released, one an artist edition, the other a limited and the last a lettered - not really overkill - and the only Good Omens limited out there. I'm only ordering the limited version - no need for more than 1 for me
    That’s how I view it as well: Artist Edition, S/L, and Lettered.
    Maybe we're looking at a different page but I see five different editions, every single one with different content, limitation, and price. Yes, only two are signed by Gaiman but there are three more editions. Two are signed by the artist (but not Gaiman) so that's two "artist editions" right there.

My breakdown:

Regular edition
    The frugal AE
    Regular AE
    S/L
    Deluxe

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    yeah but 2 are the standard book being released, one an artist edition, the other a limited and the last a lettered - not really overkill - and the only Good Omens limited out there. I'm only ordering the limited version - no need for more than 1 for me
    Maybe we're looking at a different page but I see five different editions, every single one with different content, limitation, and price. Yes, only two are signed by Gaiman but there are three more editions. Two are signed by the artist (but not Gaiman) so that's two "artist editions" right there.

My breakdown:

Regular edition
    The frugal AE
    Regular AE
    S/L
    Deluxe
    I ignored the set of two Gollancz “regular/frugal” editions since nothing in that set is signed by the author.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fair point but there are five editions, regardless of what we call them, only two of them signed by Gaiman. That's a pretty good mindset though; it doesn't interest me, ergo it doesn't exist.

I think I'm a little bitter because I'm jonesing for a new Gaiman book. I've read his recent graphic novels but it's just not the same.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True - there are 5 books - but again I looked at those lower 2 tier books as the regular publisher editions...since they’re releasing the “definitive” text or authors preferred, whatever you want to call it. But true there’s been many versions released but this the only one tied with a signed version. Sounds like after good omens show he plans to get back to writing...kids, marriage, 2 shows, etc will take away from writing I guess.

Can’t wait to see him this May - maybe then he’ll mention new writing projects
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Not sure how this new Folio edition of Anansi Boys snuck in (along with a very cool looking Something Wicked This Way Comes and a new Jules Verne- don't they usually do big teaser lead ups to new books?)- it looks pretty great, but I hate when they double the price on the Gaiman titles. It'll never replace the triumphant Hill House edition (still among the nicest books I've ever seen), but- I'm sure I'll spring for a copy at some point. https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/anansi-boys.html
    I’m not familiar with these editions. Are either GODS or BOYS signed by Gaiman?
    No, NOT signed, either of the Gaiman Folio editions. Still, AG is quite lovely, and AB looks equally so. Wish they wouldn't price them so high, as I said.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Not sure how this new Folio edition of Anansi Boys snuck in (along with a very cool looking Something Wicked This Way Comes and a new Jules Verne- don't they usually do big teaser lead ups to new books?)- it looks pretty great, but I hate when they double the price on the Gaiman titles. It'll never replace the triumphant Hill House edition (still among the nicest books I've ever seen), but- I'm sure I'll spring for a copy at some point. https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/anansi-boys.html
    If anyone is on the fence about this, I received mine this past week and it’s really a beauty. If you’re intrigued by the art, it’s even cooler in person. Both the slipcase and the book have multiple textures, ranging from a slick gloss to a coarse fiber. And the black page edges with the green spiderwebs are just a cool idea (but, admittedly, I’m a sucker for stuff like that).

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im thinking of selling my AMERICAN GODS and ANANSI BOYS lettered matching editions. If there is interest, please PM me.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you into the AG graphic novels:

https://cbldf.myshopify.com/collecti...ls/neil-gaiman

These are signed on a bookplate - but a great fund, one started by Gaiman - and I subscribe to their newsletter - very sad reading at times (in that places in the US are banning books for various reasons) - but I like to hear about this particular news. I order from them regularly - since they recently had signed copies of Saga, Umbrella academy, Deadly Class - just to name a few - and oh yeah - any new Gaiman title that comes across...and they had the D&D Rick and Morty signed by Rothfuss too

The first volume of AG was listed as sold out - but its back now too - no idea if its a first print; vol 2 should be though
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://forbiddenplanet.com/272513-t...mited-edition/

It's not numbered, so I'm not sure how limited it is. Looks nice. Still trying to decide if I am going to shell out the cash for the actual signed'limited edition

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    https://forbiddenplanet.com/272513-t...mited-edition/

It's not numbered, so I'm not sure how limited it is. Looks nice. Still trying to decide if I am going to shell out the cash for the actual signed'limited edition
    \doubt it'll sell out at current price (and hardly any publicity - s/n that is) - so you could wait until others receive theirs to see how the production is??
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

Amazing collections!

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing Neil Gaiman next Sunday...guess I won't try to sneak a book in this time (like my copies of Duran Duran - which he did sign 2 years ago):

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing the Meet & Greet ticket for Neil Gaiman, coming up on Sunday, May 12, 2019. The Meet & Greet will begin at 7:00pm in the Schwing Salon (formerly known as the Fireside Room) just inside the north entrance to the lobby. Please have your ticket handy when you arrive.

Photos will be taken on your personal cell phones or cameras. We kindly ask that you do not bring books or other materials for autographs as Mr. Gaiman will not be publicly signing, however a number of signed books will be available for sale at the Copperfield’s Books booth in the center of our lobby. For any questions or concerns, please reach out to Sari Feinstein, Programming Manager at 707.800.7512.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you next Sunday!
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

That being said - if anyone is looking for anything in particular - please let me know - and I will see what they have at the signed books table...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

That being said - if anyone is looking for anything in particular - please let me know - and I will see what they have at the signed books table...
    I am looking out for signed editions of the Good Omens TV Companion book.
    He has an event in London at the end of the month but no meet and greet option sadly.
    There will be signed books there too though

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    I am looking out for signed editions of the Good Omens TV Companion book.
    He has an event in London at the end of the month but no meet and greet option sadly.
    There will be signed books there too though
    Same with me. Signed copies of the script book are for sale, but I haven't seen the TV companion advertised for advance sale in a signed state.

Country
    Country Flag

looks like there is a TV companion book - but that won't be released until 21 May - I will see if there are any at the event - but it might be too early
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Well we had a great evening last night - it was good to catch up and see Steve...and have a brief meeting and pic with Neil. I will try and post that pic later today. The meet n greet was a bit smaller than last time - but we still were able to spend a few minutes with Neil. As for the books - nothing new for anyone here - most of his books were available (except kids books) and mostly paperbacks, and no TV companion books...

But all told we were there from 7PM until 10PM - I think Neil must've started around 8:15 or so - and he spoke for a good long time - it was really nice (except that we had the loudest, most obnoxious person in the entire auditorium sitting right behind us - OMG - the most annoying, high pitched cackle - and it occurred with nearly everything he said - so besides that it was a wonderful evening).

Neil spent a great deal talking about Good Omens and how that came about - both the book and the TV series, and elaborated more on his relationship with Terry Pratchett (even though, I swear, he said Terry Gilliam - twice - and I have no idea if he had any relationship with the Monthy Python player). He read from several spots in Good Omens - which was cool - since I had not heard him read from there at any of the times that I have seen him. He also read click, clack, the rattle bag - which was great - now I need to play my audiophile of that one. He answered many questions and also read two poems - one of my all-time favorites - the day the saucers came (which I have a signed, framed print in my office) - and I am guessing its one of his favorites too - since he mentioned that and he read it last time he was in Santa Rosa. He also read Instructions at the end.

Again it was a wonderful evening - and I guess we should have the opportunity to see him in Santa Rosa in the future too - since he noted that he seems to come here more than any other place that he travels (in the world - for events) - and now we know the reason why - he has two grandchildren living in Santa Rosa - so they are family trips. I guess I need to spend more time in Santa Rosa around these events...I think this was the 4th or 5th time that I have seen him in this area - at least 4 were in Santa Rosa...makes sense.

Well that is all for now - feel free to ask any questions. Good Omens drops on Amazon Prime on 31 May - looking forward to it
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

http://thetownhall.org/event/neil-ga...lks-good-omens

if you live close to NYC - The Strand - they just added a speaking engagement for Neil with Nick offerman - talking about good omens
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Duran Duran trade paperback by Neil Gaiman. $130 PayPal f&f.
    Not in the best shape but a book that is getting harder and harder to find.
    Pictures can be sent if you want to preview it.

Country
    Country Flag

Next in Easton Press series: Coraline

https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/552...Signed-Edition

and just like Graveyard - its signed by Neil and McKean - not a bad deal
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Head over to Folio Society for another Gaiman collectible. Folio is publishing The Book of New Sun set by Gene Wolfe that Gaiman wrote an introduction for.

Country
    Country Flag

Head over to Folio Society for another Gaiman collectible. Folio is publishing The Book of New Sun set by Gene Wolfe that Gaiman wrote an introduction for.
    750 sets at $595 dollars each...I think these will be around for awhile....
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

750 sets at $595 dollars each...I think these will be around for awhile....
    https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/the...e-new-sun.html
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

You're right. I'll wait for a sale. I think the price is right but they'd sell faster if the books were sold individually with a few months in between. Or if Folio offered a payment plan for the set.

It's kind of sad I had to post this in the Neil Gaiman thread and Gene Wolfe doesn't even have one. He was a fantastic writer and these books were his masterpiece.

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are only limited views of the artwork and the books, and what I see doesn't grab me.

That's one of my all-time favorite series, and Gene Wolfe will always be one of my very favorite authors. I have the Centipede Press editions which are gorgeous, plus I have signed states of all of these: the original US hardcovers, the UK hardcovers, the uncorrected proofs, and the Easton Press editions. I probably don't need another set of these books...but still, I was tempted until I saw the photos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 126 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast