Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 126 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently aquired The Graveyard Book, Lettered Edition from Subterranean Press

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems to be a nice copy, congratulations !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

That book is truly stunning.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice edition - congrats
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a gorgeous book! Sub Press has done some really beautiful lettered editions, but it's hard to tell when they are going to pull out all the stops or when they are going to phone it in (e.g. produce lettered editions that are no different from the numbered, just with slightly nicer materials and a traycase). I guess one clue is in the price, like this one listed at $900 versus the $250 books. But the descriptions are always the same: "hand bound in the finest materials with a custom traycase"...

Anyway, great grab - I'd love to have a copy on my shelf one day!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

https://photos.shutterfly.com/full/23661007294So who knows exactly what this print was? I know it’s Biting Dog. Was it a proof/print for A Writer’s Prayer. I’d forgotten I had this.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    That's a gorgeous book! Sub Press has done some really beautiful lettered editions, but it's hard to tell when they are going to pull out all the stops or when they are going to phone it in (e.g. produce lettered editions that are no different from the numbered, just with slightly nicer materials and a traycase). I guess one clue is in the price, like this one listed at $900 versus the $250 books. But the descriptions are always the same: "hand bound in the finest materials with a custom traycase"...

Anyway, great grab - I'd love to have a copy on my shelf one day!!
    Thank you everyone!
    This was quite a December for me with Gaiman.
    Smoke and Mirrors and The Graveyard book in lettered state were super difficult to find the last two years. I hope someone on this forum owns a copy because in my mind both books are the pinnacle of publishing creativity and craftsmanship.
    And I do agree that sometimes the only way to determine if Lettered edition is much more than a Limited with a traycase is to look at the issue price.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sandman Overture is (of course) getting the Absolute treatment. Amazon product description has it at just north of 400 pages. The hardcover is 224 pages and that already includes around 30 pages of bonus material.

This also means an updated Sandman all-in-one compendium. And an annotated Overture. And then an anniversary edition of Overture. And then an anniversary of the new compendium. Heck, let's not forget the instocktrades.com variants.

I can't think of a single working writer who publishes so little new material and still manages to have a "new" book hit the shelves every few months. And on that tip, the most recent noir-styled paperbacks are now out in a slipcase.

Collecting Gaiman, Hill, and Rowling has stopped being fun and it's now exhausting and defeating.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Sandman Overture is (of course) getting the Absolute treatment. Amazon product description has it at just north of 400 pages. The hardcover is 224 pages and that already includes around 30 pages of bonus material.

This also means an updated Sandman all-in-one compendium. And an annotated Overture. And then an anniversary edition of Overture. And then an anniversary of the new compendium. Heck, let's not forget the instocktrades.com variants.

I can't think of a single working writer who publishes so little new material and still manages to have a "new" book hit the shelves every few months. And on that tip, the most recent noir-styled paperbacks are now out in a slipcase.

Collecting Gaiman, Hill, and Rowling has stopped being fun and it's now exhausting and defeating.
    I am right there with you. I have pretty much stopped collecting Joe Hill. His latest writing is not as good as his earlier work to me. Sometimes I wish I had never started collecting him in the first place. As for Gaiman, I'm only looking to buy new work in the future. No more reprints, no more Sandman, etc. I have enough Gaiman sigs in my collection to last me.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I totally agree with this. I understand that he is very busy in a lot of different directions and mediums and medias, but- i wish he'd write more freaking "grown up" novels. Even counting 2013's slim "Ocean", it's been over a dozen years since the one before that (Anansi Boys). I don't think we can even call him a "novelist" at this point- which is fine. It's not my career. But, it does almost feel like he's purposely been avoiding a proper American God's sequel, for whatever reasons. I believe he is finally going to do it next, but- people might not care as much anymore if he waits much longer.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I will pick up the absolute edition, to complete the set. (and in my mind these are the best quality editions of the sandman work) I wont worry about any other reprints/variants though. I dont feel the need to collect everything!

I can see the point in some of them though..i didnt pick up the 'noir style' PBs at the time, but if I wanted them now I would probably pick up a nice slipcase edition - but if already had them I wouldnt bother.

Add GRRM to the list of endless reprints though.. I am not sure how many versions of GOT anyone really needs now!

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

I totally agree with this. I understand that he is very busy in a lot of different directions and mediums and medias, but- i wish he'd write more freaking "grown up" novels. Even counting 2013's slim "Ocean", it's been over a dozen years since the one before that (Anansi Boys). I don't think we can even call him a "novelist" at this point- which is fine. It's not my career. But, it does almost feel like he's purposely been avoiding a proper American God's sequel, for whatever reasons. I believe he is finally going to do it next, but- people might not care as much anymore if he waits much longer.
    I am pretty sure a sequel to neverwhere ('seven sisters') was touted as his next book. I guess its hard to find time for full on novel writing at the moment - he has been writing for American Gods, script writing and showrunning for the current filming of the Good Omens series in the UK and then before those we had Norse Mythology - and a bit earlier he had the View from the cheap seats collections (and a new son arriving!).

Hopefully after the Neverwhere sequel more books will follow and I wouldnt be surprise if a return to the AG world was on the cards

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do have to say that I love the covers of the 'noir style' PBs... I wish the were hardcover dustjackets so I could frame a set of them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

I am right there with you. I have pretty much stopped collecting Joe Hill. His latest writing is not as good as his earlier work to me. Sometimes I wish I had never started collecting him in the first place. As for Gaiman, I'm only looking to buy new work in the future. No more reprints, no more Sandman, etc. I have enough Gaiman sigs in my collection to last me.
    tbh I was never really taken with Joe's writing. I sold on the few s/l's that I had and I cant say that I miss them! But we all have different tastes and clearly a lot of people do like his work.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a Subterranean Press S/L edition of Rogues up on Ebay.

New Link... Better Price. Will go below publisher price for someone here...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29243279453...84.m1558.l2649

If anyone here is interested shoot me a PM.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the view on the Sandman series from the Gaiman fans?

I've just finished, and thoroughly enjoyed, Joe Hill's Locke & Key, so i'm looking for another graphic novel series to sink my teeth into and wondering if Sandman might be a good place to start.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's the best thing Gaiman has done IMO.

Join us in the comic book section if you're looking for suggestions.

Country
    Country Flag

There's a comic book section?!!!
    Learn something every day.... :-)

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, I too was shocked (shocked, I tell you!) when I discovered that there's much to explore outside of Calvin's Corner. The comic book section is pretty dormant but it's there.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

There's a comic book section?!!!
    Learn something every day.... :-)

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Country
    Country Flag

New from Easton Press - The Graveyard Book signed by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean
    It only appears to ship to the US though (I signed up to a parcel redirect service 'Stackwry' though!)

https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/8C5...Signed-Edition

It only appears to ship to the US though (I signed up to a parcel redirect service 'Stackwry' though!)
    Off topic, but have you used that service before? We're always looking for options for our Non-US customers to save on shipping, but we're heard of mixed results with some of the "storage and reship companies" folks have tried.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

New from Easton Press - The Graveyard Book signed by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean

https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/8C5...Signed-Edition
    Thanks. Just ordered a copy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Off topic, but have you used that service before? We're always looking for options for our Non-US customers to save on shipping, but we're heard of mixed results with some of the "storage and reship companies" folks have tried.

Brian
    Personally, no, but i thought I would try them from someone else's recommendation. As this book is relatively low cost (and shipped free to a US address) I figured it was a good purchase to try them on!
    I would be happy to provide feedback afterwards though.

One interesting option they offer is to repack to smaller boxes! I figure this is aimed more at purchases from somewhere like Amazon but it could be dangerous if someone tries to save a small amount on an expensive item that really warrants the extra packing!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that Ari is using a similar american service
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 126 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast