Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome. I think 1000 was the issue price as well, but not 100% sure. I'm sure you can email Sub Press and they would tell you the original cost.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It has been quiet on the Gaiman front...until today. The new Stardust S/L:

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post
    Any idea what the original price was on the lettered? I thought it was around $1000 but can't find it listed anywhere.
    From one of the SubPress Newsletters

"The Graveyard Book will be available in two unique editions:

Limited: 500 signed numbered copies, bound as you see above: $250

Lettered: 26 signed copies, bound differently, with an original sketch by Dave McKean matted into the traycase that holds each book: $900 "

Karl

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the cover for his upcoming book is quite nice

Meanwhile, Neil Gaiman's first full-length-novel-for-adults in eight years, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, will be published in June 2013. Cover blurbage:
    “They say you cannot go home again, and that is as true as a knife . . .”

A man returns to his childhood village seeking comfort in memories of his youth and the friend who long ago transformed his life.

Once upon a time in a rural English town, an eleven-year-old girl named Lettie Hempstock shows a little boy the most marvelous, dangerous, and outrageous things beyond his darkest imagination. But an ancient power has been disturbed, and now invasive creatures from beyond the known world are set loose. There is primal horror here, and menace unleashed—within the boy’s family and from the forces that have gathered to consume it.

Determined to have their way, these otherworldly beings will destroy a meddling little boy if he dares to get in the way. It will take calm, courage, and the cleverness of the extraordinary Hempstock women—Lettie, her mother, and her grandmother, to keep him alive. But his survival will come at an unexpected cost. . . .

Storytelling genius Neil Gaiman delivers a whimsical, imaginative, bittersweet, and at times deeply scary modern fantasy about fear, love, magic, sacrifice, and the power of stories to reveal and to protect us from the darkness inside—a moving, terrifying, and elegiac fable for every age.

http://thewertzone.blogspot.fr/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post
    Any idea what the original price was on the lettered? I thought it was around $1000 but can't find it listed anywhere.
    From one of the SubPress Newsletters

"The Graveyard Book will be available in two unique editions:

Limited: 500 signed numbered copies, bound as you see above: $250

Lettered: 26 signed copies, bound differently, with an original sketch by Dave McKean matted into the traycase that holds each book: $900 "

Karl
    Awesome. Thank you!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman
    Images crated for the lim. edition of Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman.
    Limited and signed prints from George Walker
    Biting Dog Press

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to Gaiman's next novel.

Cool presentation of the artwork, Stockerlone.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the Los Angeles Times Books : "Neil Gaiman plans last book-signing tour, ever"
    >>> http://www.latimes.com/features/book...,6799030.story
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bummer. I hope I can make it to one of his stops on this one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just checked the telos website and they still have copies of shrouded by darkness on sale for GBP 30 (from gbp 50) - shipping to U.S. was total cost of $71

Country
    Country Flag

There will be an anthology for the 50th anniversary of DOCTOR WHO, with stories written by 11 authors. The name of those authors will be released one by one starting january 11th, but i would be surprised if Neil isnt one of them !

>>> http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/01...113155508.html

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had ordered one as well...then after 6 weeks it still had not arrived. So I called Easton - they apologized - said it should have arrived by now. So they overnighted me a copy. Then about 3 days after I received the overnight copy - the original ordered one arrived via snail mail. So by my math $49.50 was not a bad price to pay at all for each book - and now I have a birthday present for my dad.

Country
    Country Flag

sorry I thought my reply would attach to the post i was commenting on (guess it didn't) anyway it was a reply to the easton press signed american gods - sorry

Country
    Country Flag

Check out www.booksofwonder.com - Neil has a signing event there in late February (23rd) - and you can goto the store site and pre-order signed copies of chu's day - signed by Neil and the artist for list price plus shipping. Once I take some pics and figure out how to post - I will share

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Check out www.booksofwonder.com - Neil has a signing event there in late February (23rd) - and you can goto the store site and pre-order signed copies of chu's day - signed by Neil and the artist for list price plus shipping. Once I take some pics and figure out how to post - I will share
    Thanks for that tip - might have to get one of those.

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if you are aware of worldbuilders and Patrick rothfuss - if not check out his blog. His charity through worldbuilders for heifer international ends this Friday. A ton of books have been donated- including some really rare signed gaiman items - including a signed arc of stardust. Each $10 donation gets a ticket in the book lottery. Check out the 11 January blog - shows all of the gaiman items. Each year whomever has won the stardust arc has returned it back for he following year, I'm sorry, but if my name is pulled I'd ave a tough time returning it - I might be the one that breaks the cycle.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

Country
    Country Flag

I have a 4 year old - so it's an easy excuse to get hasa children's story books as well, all except blueberry girl - since it was specifically geared towards young girls - I figured that wouldn't go over as well with my son, but his others do.

Country
    Country Flag

He officially announced on his blog, that the next book tour will be his last.
    So... not much time left to get a personnalized copy...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    He officially announced on his blog, that the next book tour will be his last.
    So... not much time left to get a personnalized copy...
    I know - I'm planning on taking the day off of work - just hope it's not over the time I'm on vacation...but knowing my luck

Country
    Country Flag

there will be a book tour for "the ocean at the end of the lane"

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would not be too worried about being able to get signed Neil Gaiman books if this is truly his last tour. Dream Haven books in Minneapolis runs the neilgaiman.net site and the owner is a personal friend of Neil's. Neil stops in 2 or 3 times a year and signs large numbers of books. I stop in Dream Haven once month or so and can let everyone know when there is new stock. I was in last Saturday and there was a good number of signed books in stock then. Not the newest books (Chu or Stardust) but quite a few others. I will post here to let everyone know the next time Neil has been in

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am lucky enough to have a signed edition of every Neil Gaiman first edition including Duran Duran and every Sandman hardcover (All the Graphic novels and the Absolute editions) I will post a picture this weekend.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by erxbooks View Post
    I am lucky enough to have a signed edition of every Neil Gaiman first edition including Duran Duran and every Sandman hardcover (All the Graphic novels and the Absolute editions) I will post a picture this weekend.
    very cool. I have ordered from dream haven before (to fill in holes in my collection) - but it would be great to hear once Neil has been in - instead of regularly checking the site. Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

My coraline collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast