Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And dreamhaven has a few signed gaiman items in stock from when Neil stopped by a few months ago:

http://dreamhavenbooks.com/product-c...signed/page/2/

I think there are 5 books signed by Neil - I picked up troll bridge and free country since I didn't have those as stand alone copies either
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure if anyone is interested in the Melinda signed triptych:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332208306381...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

but I will have a few coming my way sometime next week (or the following week) - I should have 1 to sell and it should be less than the price on ebay listing above (which is a pretty good price) - $65 plus shipping. PM if interested
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I had no idea they made a movie about How to Talk to Girls at a party. I always thought that was a weak story but seems to be more of his popular ones.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone get to see the Likely Stories show? I'd love to see it but I guess it's a UK only show?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have an extra American Gods S/L the want to part with at a fair price?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Yes this is my listing, yes I'm probably crazy. But I want to see what happens. https://www.ebay.com/itm/222527514069

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Fantastic listing, Booknutt. Great description of just how rare- and nearly impossible to obtain- this complete set is. I truly consider it one of the absolute best "sets" of a particular publisher- and author- in this field of collecting. A rare perfect pairing of writer and visionary publisher that produced some of the nicest examples of modern fine press publishing. Best of luck!

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

Completely agree - some beautiful books and so tough to obtain a matching numbered set.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Thanks y'all!

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Yes this is my listing, yes I'm probably crazy. But I want to see what happens. https://www.ebay.com/itm/222527514069
    In the description you say that the Anansi Boys double-slipcase is rare and you know of only one other copy out there. But the double-slipcase is what subscribers received, and i have that. My number was #27 and I have a complete set.

One thing missing in your listing is the small companion to American Gods, two books in one, Only The Gods Are Real / An Astonishingly Incomplete Bibliography, which was mainly released with the lettered edition but some copies were also released alone.

Some of the items that were issued unsigned, such as the reader's copy of American Gods, and the unsigned Anansi promo, I did get signed later.

I've also got all the lettered editions that Hill House released, which included American Gods, Anansi Boys, A Screenplay, and Melinda. I think that's all of them.

Thanks for the info. I thought the extra slipcase only got out to a few people.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how many subscribers got their copies before Hill House folded, but I did get mine. I was in frequent contact with Peter then, and I continue to communicate with him and Jennifer periodically.
    Last edited by ckovacs; 05-29-2017 at 04:46 AM. Reason: typo

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

For the record, I was an early series subscriber, received all the "freebies" and extras- but, never did get the Anansi Boy's "big" slipcase. I wrote Peter a bunch at the time, trying to get one, but- as we all know- that was the end of HH.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic collection booknut.
    I cannot afford though so will drool from afar!!!

Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

You can get a double-signed (Gaiman and McKean) and remarqued copy of the Folio edition of AMERICAN GODS from this bookseller, or just a Gaiman-signed copy:

http://www.analectabooks.com/neil-ga...d-edition.html

I bought one of the double-signed copies and they're vanishing, only one is listed as unsold now.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post
    You can get a double-signed (Gaiman and McKean) and remarqued copy of the Folio edition of AMERICAN GODS from this bookseller, or just a Gaiman-signed copy:

I bought one of the double-signed copies and they're vanishing, only one is listed as unsold now.
    I just came to post about those too!
    Interesting...I wonder how he came about those.

Personally I think its quite expensive (certainly the plain flat-signed by neil copies) for what is non-limited edition, but they are obviously selling and so perhaps the fact that Neil is now limiting the signings that he does is having an effect on the market?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post

I just came to post about those too!
    Interesting...I wonder how he came about those.

Personally I think its quite expensive (certainly the plain flat-signed by neil copies) for what is non-limited edition, but they are obviously selling and so perhaps the fact that Neil is now limiting the signings that he does is having an effect on the market?
    The email to customers announcing these books started out like this:

Good day, Collectors;

It's been a pretty busy week so far, with a five hour queue at Hay for Neil Gaiman (broken by an awesome spontaneous performance by his wife, Amanda Palmer, who played to the crowd with a backing fiddler the likes of whom I have not heard before) as well as two separate trips to see Alan Lee, who epitomises Tolkien with his iconic art. The books in question - 'American Gods' (currently playing to rave reviews on Amazon Prime) and 'Beren and Luthien' are available here in signed states not available anywhere else.

Country
    Country Flag

That's odd. I had my folio edition signed at hay too but they had a policy of Norse gods plus one other only to be signed. I did see a few people with this on the queue so I can only think he had a group of friends queuing with 1 copy each (which annoys me a bit as that just made the queue even longer for the real fans)

Personally I got my folio edition signed and dedicated and also my 'Calendar of tales' - I had it tucked under my arm due to the one other book policy, but Neil saw it and said 'wow you've got one of those' and gladly signed it too.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I look at this in two ways:

1) The book retails for $120 from Folio. They are selling the signed copy for approximately $320, thus valuing the signature at $200.
    2) It will be difficult to get this book signed by Neil unless you happen to catch him somewhere, so for the complete collector, this is a must have.

For me, since I am not a "Gotta catch 'em all" collector, I think the price is too high for the signed one. I'll take my Hill House edition of AG over anything else all day.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You have a lot of watchers. Anyone email you with an offer? I think the starting price is good for what you're offering.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    You have a lot of watchers. Anyone email you with an offer? I think the starting price is good for what you're offering.
    No, no bites yet.

Country
    Country Flag

1) The book retails for $120 from Folio. They are selling the signed copy for approximately $320, thus valuing the signature at $200.
    2) It will be difficult to get this book signed by Neil unless you happen to catch him somewhere, so for the complete collector, this is a must have.

For me, since I am not a "Gotta catch 'em all" collector, I think the price is too high for the signed one. I'll take my Hill House edition of AG over anything else all day.
    Agree completely with your assessment - even I passed on these signed and Remarque copies - they are nice, but I'm not a completist (although it doesn't seem that way at times). I did bring the folio AG with me when I met Neil in Santa Rosa in march - but I left it in my car - since I only brought my copies of Duran Duran with me - since I really wanted those signed (and this was billed as a non-signing event, just a meet n greet). But I too wondered the ties Steve (analecta has to get several Remarque books - he must be friends or neighbors with McKean).
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

And soon you'll have a nice addition to your Hill House AG (I just need a few days to get it shipped ).
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Dave Mckean answered this himself on facebook:

"I like Steve, and he's sent me many books over the years to sign, and he's bought books directly from me. He sent me 7 AG's and I forgot about them for 6 weeks. I felt rather guilty about this, so doodled in them all as well as signed them. He's a pro-active indi bookseller worth supporting."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast