Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone's looking for some personalized Neil stuff...

http://cbldf.org/2016/11/spirit-of-g...df-supporters/

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

But note these are signed bookplates affixed to the books:

"you can have each of the offered books personalized to one or two names, and the artist (or writer) will sign and personalize the book on a high quality CBLDF-branded bookplate.:

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

But note these are signed bookplates affixed to the books:

"you can have each of the offered books personalized to one or two names, and the artist (or writer) will sign and personalize the book on a high quality CBLDF-branded bookplate.:
    But they still make nice gifts.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

There is a lettered Hill House American Gods on eBay for $6000....

If only :-/

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Riddle me this y'all.

Thinking again of seriously selling my Matched Hill House set of Gaiman's books. My wife and I haven't been on a vacation without my daughter since she was born. She's six now. We really need one. However, I would not entertain getting anything less than $4000. Preferably more.

My question is is this feasible and and if so, anyone interested?

Keep in mind my set is not only complete but it has a few unique elements to it. On Anansi Boys I have what may be the only or at least one of very few that has a double slipcase that's holds both the book in it's slipcase and the journal. Also I have the matching HarperCollins limited of Neverwhere. Same number. Not sure how many full sets there are with the matching Neverwhere exist. Since I know Harper made an effort to contact and pick up the bill for the people left hanging by Hill House's adrupt departure from this plane. But how many people were they able to actually contact? Jennifer Brehl at Harper did a gallant effort to make those happen, but how many were they able to actually connect with. Plus it's a low numbered set, #47.

Am I crazy? Or do I have any interest?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Riddle me this y'all.

Thinking again of seriously selling my Matched Hill House set of Gaiman's books. My wife and I haven't been on a vacation without my daughter since she was born. She's six now. We really need one. However, I would not entertain getting anything less than $4000. Preferably more.

My question is is this feasible and and if so, anyone interested?

Keep in mind my set is not only complete but it has a few unique elements to it. On Anansi Boys I have what may be the only or at least one of very few that has a double slipcase that's holds both the book in it's slipcase and the journal. Also I have the matching HarperCollins limited of Neverwhere. Same number. Not sure how many full sets there are with the matching Neverwhere exist. Since I know Harper made an effort to contact and pick up the bill for the people left hanging by Hill House's adrupt departure from this plane. But how many people were they able to actually contact? Jennifer Brehl at Harper did a gallant effort to make those happen, but how many were they able to actually connect with. Plus it's a low numbered set, #47.

Am I crazy? Or do I have any interest?
    Unfortunately I think you might be a bit crazy (sorry). I'm guessing most people here have some or all of the books. I once picked up a same numbered set of AG, Anansi boys, good omens screenplay for about $600 total several years ago - and I turned those around. Most AG sell for around $450 and that's typically the highest priced book. I sold an anansi boys recently for just $100. Everything else typically falls in between - many are listed higher but don't sell. I can't see the desire to pay for a matching set at that price - even with the rarity of the set. Do you also have those extra items from AG? Those individual signed stories that Neil put together himself? If so that would definitely increase the value.

You might want to try and list on eBay as an auction with a BIN of $4000 and possibly set a reserve at your lowest possible mark - ? $3000? And realistically gauge the desire on the market.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Chad. If you could find that one buyer out there that wants to start collecting Gaiman and would love to get a complete matching set of all of the Hill House books and all of the extras at once, you might be able to sell it for a decent amount. But a lot of the copies of AG and AB go unsold on eBay for just a few hundred bucks a piece, and as Chad pointed out, most collectors probably already have copies of most of the items. It's not like a set of The Dark Tower, which commands a lot of cash. I just can't see you getting anywhere near $4000 for the set.

Thanks y'all no offense taken. A man can wish. And a man may try eBay.

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I too have matching numbers of the Hill House and subsequent Neverwhere etc. #27. Jennifer did her best to contact everyone, and since her husband was the publisher of Hill House, she had the available information from subscribers.

It may be a pipe dream. I just have a very particular vacation in mind with a specific price point.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It may be a pipe dream. I just have a very particular vacation in mind with a specific price point.
    Good luck

Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I haven't been on a vacation without my daughter since she was born. She's six now.
    My wife and I haven't been on vacation without my daughter and son since they have been born. One is 17 and the other is 13. I sympathize with you.

My wife and I haven't been on a vacation without my daughter since she was born. She's six now.
    My wife and I haven't been on vacation without my daughter and son since they have been born. One is 17 and the other is 13. I sympathize with you.
    Damn.

Country
    Country Flag

We flew my parents in the past couple of years to watch Caleb when Stephanie and I went to Kauai and once to Kelowna - those were the two trips without kids - agreed - much needed

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BETTS IS GIVING AWAY these books today!! check it out!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

any way someone could list the full Hill House set plus identifying all the extras?

I have claimed a number of them over the years but would like to see how close i am.

What I think has really impacted the Gaiman Hill House market over the past few years is the availability of overstock/leftovers from the Hill House implosion.

DreamHaven Books is one of em. I have seen DreamHaven Books sell so many copies of the Hill House Anansi Boys over the past few years for such cheap prices that I felt like he had a direct connect to the Chinese printer. More Probably it is just that very few copies of Anansi Boys sold before HH went under and Dreamhaven got his hands on the whole stack.

I remember buying a copy of Melinda plus envelope off of ebay for a little less than market price about 4 years ago. (edit: looked it up and it seems i paid $110) Then just recently i had the chance to get a signed numbered copy for a song due to the notification posted on these very boards!

I just haven't seen Gaiman Hill House keeping their value due to these special circumstances.

Hell I think i even have 3 copies of American Gods. So if anyone is looking for one...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

A signed version of the UK edition of NORSE MYTHOLOGY can be ordered from Waterstones:

https://www.waterstones.com/book/nor.../9781408890479

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post
    A signed version of the UK edition of NORSE MYTHOLOGY can be ordered from Waterstones:

https://www.waterstones.com/book/nor.../9781408890479
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    any way someone could list the full Hill House set plus identifying all the extras?
    Here's a note I wrote up last time I pondered selling them. Not sure 100% whether I included everything. I think I did though.

Hill House Editions: all matching numbers
    American Gods limited
    Including the Reading Copy and Christmas Chapbook

Anansi Boys limited including special print, chapbook preview and special double slipcase

A Screenplay Limited (Unused Good Omens Screenplay)

Melinda Limited

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Here's a note I wrote up last time I pondered selling them. Not sure 100% whether I included everything. I think I did though.

Hill House Editions: all matching numbers
    American Gods limited
    Including the Reading Copy and Christmas Chapbook

Anansi Boys limited including special print, chapbook preview and special double slipcase

A Screenplay Limited (Unused Good Omens Screenplay)

Melinda Limited
    There were lettered editions of each of those, of course.

With Anansi Boys there was the notebook and the novel in the double slipcase, and separately a special preview chapbook with text and illustrations, also numbered. I think you're indicating this but the way you wrote it, it sounds like you mean the notebook = chapbook, inside the doubled slipcase. The Anansi Boys chapbook was issued well before when the book was under its many delays. It was numbered but not signed, but I got mine signed later.

A framed, limited Melinda edition painting, that was given to some subscribers, signed by Gaiman and the artist, matching numbers.

"The Emperor" limited edition chapbook (mapmaker story deleted from American Gods). Matching numbers and signed.

Double-chapbook "Only the Gods Are Real: A Guide to the Gods in Neil Gaiman's American Gods" and "Neil Gaiman's American Gods: An Astonishingly Incomplete Bibliography" Matching numbers and signed.

It happens that I have a spare marble case for the lettered American Gods. I've been wondering what to do with it. The drawer wouldn't move and so a replacement was sent to me.

Chris

Country
    Country Flag

There's some funny pics on Neil's Twitter feed of him signing 3500 blank pages for Norse Mythology. No "pre-signed publisher" page or any specific text. Just looks like an image and his signature. He signed 1000 with one bottle of ink and is moving on to the next bottle.

Country
    Country Flag

It happens that I have a spare marble case for the lettered American Gods. I've been wondering what to do with it. The drawer wouldn't move and so a replacement was sent to me.

Chris
    If you wanted to clear some space, I'd be happy to take it off your hands :-)

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

There's some funny pics on Neil's Twitter feed of him signing 3500 blank pages for Norse Mythology. No "pre-signed publisher" page or any specific text. Just looks like an image and his signature. He signed 1000 with one bottle of ink and is moving on to the next bottle.
    Saw that. Is there any indication which edition this is for? US or UK? Looking at the deckled edge of the paper I'm thinking US...

*edited to add: actually- in one photo the signed pages look deckled, and in the other- not...

Country
    Country Flag

Chris
    If you wanted to clear some space, I'd be happy to take it off your hands :-)
    It would probably cost a lot to ship because it's damn heavy, and it would be a problem to pack safely so that the marble door won't crack. But I wouldn't mind getting rid of it.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Amanda & Neil signed & personalized Christmas card for charity:

http://shop.amandapalmer.net/collect...gned-by-amanda
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast