Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    And as mentioned upthread, Borderlands Press will be releasing:

A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff
    (part of the "Little Books" series)
    by Neil Gaiman

Signed by the author, numbered by us and limited to only 500 copies.

Ready to ship late October 2011.

$35
    $5.50 S&H

Order link is now online - http://borderlandspress.com/littlegold.html
    Does anyone have an update on this book? I know Borderlands website stated they were shooting for an early November release but now it's late November. I sent Borderlands an email around Wednesday of last week however they haven't replied.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

by Neil Gaiman

$35
    $5.50 S&H

Does anyone have an update on this book? I know Borderlands website stated they were shooting for an early November release but now it's late November. I sent Borderlands an email around Wednesday of last week however they haven't replied.
    I almost forgot about that book. I figure at this point, nothing is going to happen until after the holiday. I'll send an email to them as well today and we'll see if we get similar responses.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot about it too. Thanks for the checking on it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Anyone have any idea when Smoke and Mirrors from Sub Press is due? Their website says March 2010. I hate to pre-order it if the book isn't going to come out for years...
    Eric, I asked Bill about this in mid-January.

Q:How is Smoke & Mirrors coming along?
    Site still lists a pub date of March 2010.

A:We're waiting for Dave McKean, and expect him to resume work on the book in April/May.

Karl
    Has anyone heard any more news on this since Karl's post last February? (The website still says March 2010.)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

by Neil Gaiman

$35
    $5.50 S&H

I almost forgot about that book. I figure at this point, nothing is going to happen until after the holiday. I'll send an email to them as well today and we'll see if we get similar responses.

I received an e-mail from them saying that the binder had messed up the signature sheets and they had to be re-signed, but to expect the book to ship "soon."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update, Bev.

In other news, here is an auction for a Lettered edition of Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I'm kinda torn here - Neil is personalizing bookplates for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund for the holidays - http://cbldf.org/homepage/spirit-of-giving/

On the one hand, I know the fund is a good cause, so the "donation" would be fine by me. But, do I want to spend $100 for a bookplate that is personalized? I'd rather have the book personalized. What to do, what to do....

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm kinda torn here - Neil is personalizing bookplates for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund for the holidays - http://cbldf.org/homepage/spirit-of-giving/

On the one hand, I know the fund is a good cause, so the "donation" would be fine by me. But, do I want to spend $100 for a bookplate that is personalized? I'd rather have the book personalized. What to do, what to do....
    If I'm reading this correctly, CBLDF will mail the bookplates to the appropriate author, the author will inscribe and sign the bookplates and mail them back, then the CBLDF will affix them into whichever book you bought, and then mail you the book.

Most appear to cost about $100, but the giant oversize Absolute volumes cost $200 - presumably because the include the large book.

Does that sound right?

EDIT: GOOD OMENS and CORALINE are each $50. That seems more reasonable, knowing that you're not getting a First Edition.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

If I'm reading this correctly, CBLDF will mail the bookplates to the appropriate author, the author will inscribe and sign the bookplates and mail them back, then the CBLDF will affix them into whichever book you bought, and then mail you the book.

Most appear to cost about $100, but the giant oversize Absolute volumes cost $200 - presumably because the include the large book.

Does that sound right?

EDIT: GOOD OMENS and CORALINE are each $50. That seems more reasonable, knowing that you're not getting a First Edition.
    That's how I read it too, Patrick. I guess I'm trying to decide if having a signed bookplate where he writes "To Eric" on it would be as special as if it was in a first edition copy of the book.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

One option:

Ask them to send the book and personalized bookplate but without attaching the bookplate.

Then you could partner the personalized bookplate with any book of your choosing (presumably a 1st edition), either loose or affixed.

Just an idea.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

How much would you say the Hill House version of Anansi Boys goes for?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    How much would you say the Hill House version of Anansi Boys goes for?
    I paid $200 for mine earlier this year. Be sure to get the copy of the Notebook that comes with it. Without that, I'd say the book is worth a little less.

http://www.neilgaimanbibliography.co...notebooks.html

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid $200 early this year as well.

A couple months ago Sub Press was offering some PC editions for $125. PC's tend to sell for a little less than their numbered counterparts.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Thanks guys.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

by Neil Gaiman

$35
    $5.50 S&H

Well I now have two officially unreplied to emails. Did you have any luck Eric?

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get any response either. But Bev posted this up a few posts:

"I received an e-mail from them saying that the binder had messed up the signature sheets and they had to be re-signed, but to expect the book to ship "soon."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"I received an e-mail from them saying that the binder had messed up the signature sheets and they had to be re-signed, but to expect the book to ship "soon."
    Thanks. I missed Bevs post.

Country
    Country Flag

My latest pickup - Violent Cases S/L (1000 numbered copies)

I'm running out of Gaiman books to buy. There are a few S/L's that I don't have, like Shelf Life, Spares, and Brighton Shock!, but he doesn't really contribute much to those books. I don't want to chase signatures. The hunt continues...

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

I also sent BP an email around the same time. I just heard back the other day:

"The book was delayed and is still at the printer.and will be shipped to us by Monday (holiday week will interrupt schedule).
    It will require at least another week to hand-number all 500 and patiently pack and ship and address each person’s order.
    We are sorry for the length of time to finish this project (we want it done as much as you do . . . )"

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice book, Eric. I hadn't heard of that one.

Thanks for the update, Chrise, and welcome to TDT.org!

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Nice book, Eric. I hadn't heard of that one.

Thanks for the update, Chrise, and welcome to TDT.org!
    Thanks Patrick!

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt this will be a signed edition since it is so cheap, but UK Bloomsbury is issuing a 10th Anniversary edition of Coraline in August of 2012:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coraline-Lim...3&sr=8-1-spell

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt this will be a signed edition since it is so cheap, but UK Bloomsbury is issuing a 10th Anniversary edition of Coraline in August of 2012:

I agree, it won't be signed. Bloomsbury's site lists it cheaply enough that I'm surprised it will even have a slipcase.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, it won't be signed. Bloomsbury's site lists it cheaply enough that I'm surprised it will even have a slipcase.
    I'm a sucker for a book in a slipcase :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast