+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110
Results 2,726 to 2,731 of 2731

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Dave Mckean answered this himself on facebook:

"I like Steve, and he's sent me many books over the years to sign, and he's bought books directly from me. He sent me 7 AG's and I forgot about them for 6 weeks. I felt rather guilty about this, so doodled in them all as well as signed them. He's a pro-active indi bookseller worth supporting."

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that the signed copies are over priced but I do think that is close to a fair price for the double signed and Remarque copies. Probably why those sold out rather quickly.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I agree that the signed copies are over priced but I do think that is close to a fair price for the double signed and Remarque copies. Probably why those sold out rather quickly.
    So next time I go to an event with Dave, I know what book i shall be packing to take with me!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 is on a distinguished road ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I bought one.
    Not sure about triple the published price but I know Steve put in a lot of work and effort in getting it all organized. To me it was well worth it.

WTB ( and will pay top $$$ for):
    Lettered Mathew Corbett series
    Lettered Carlos Zafon Trilogy
    Lettered First Law Trilogy including other books

Gunslinger Apprentice swintek is on a distinguished road swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow

I didn't get one of these- too $$$- but, I will say that I recently re-read the book, and was alternating between 3 or 4 different editions, just because (well, why have 10 different editions if you're not even going to crack the damn things!). And, as lovely as that Hill House edition is- and it truly is- I just found myself a bit more comfortable with the Folio. It just feels and reads extremely well. So- a signed copy of what may well be the "best" edition of a seminal (Multiple award winning) novel- is hard not to put a high premium on. Congrats on those who got one.

Also, re: Folio: Between this and their recent gorgeous Lovecraft volume- they are doing some great work lately...

Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed on folio - I just bought the douglas adams/hitchhikers guide set - its very well done
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110