Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Wow, didn't know that was coming...order placed. Thanks for the info!

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hmmm. No Vess illustrations? The book was really conceived and built with his "voice" in mind, and I think they are fairly essentially tied to this tale. I'll pass.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Hmmm. No Vess illustrations? The book was really conceived and built with his "voice" in mind, and I think they are fairly essentially tied to this tale. I'll pass.
    I would really love if they did a s/l of the oversized book with Vess art - that I would buy immediately. I only have a second edition of that. But I have the original 4 series TPB all signed by gaiman and vess - so I will stick with that. I can't count how many s/l of stardust I have - it might be close to as many of the ocean that came out. FOr not doing any more signings - it seems a lot easier to get his new books signed (now those older ones - that's a whole other story)

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I agree to an extent. I have another S/L of Stardust (blue hardcover in a blue slipcase) and that's nowhere near as impressive as the standard illustrated version.

On the other hand, $99 is reasonable for a S/L and it is very sparkly....

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

"Portfolio "Smoke and Mirrors" 8 images silk-screened - limited to 100 copies. The portfolio is signed by Dave McKean and Neil Gaiman. Discover the Martel Gallery"

I have been in touch with the Gallery in Paris, as I hope to visit the Dave McKean exhibition in a couple of weeks and they have advised these are available at 450euro each. You can contact them at contact@galeriemartel.fr

(These are images from the recent SubPress version of Smoke and Mirrors)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    I agree to an extent. I have another S/L of Stardust (blue hardcover in a blue slipcase) and that's nowhere near as impressive as the standard illustrated version.

I'm a sucker for fine, leather-bound books :-)

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

I'm a sucker for fine, leather-bound books :-)
    I agree, Eric, and I certainly am a fan of Easton as well. I bought their American Gods even though I knew it wouldn't come anywhere near the HH edition in sheer creativity of design. But- I, too, am a sucker for leather-bound books. .

I do have to say that I have a Love/meh relationship with Easton, though. A lot of their more generic stuff just doesn't do anything for me, but when they start getting a little more creative with their interior design and illustrations, and also with the cover gold inlay designs- some are "generic" and some are title-specific, which gets my attention every time.

One of their recent titles which shot immediately into one of my favorite editions (from any publisher) on my shelf is their Hound of the Baskervilles. Absolutely stunning. Weirdly, even though Dracula is my all-time favorite book- their new edition -which looks like it was templated exactly from "Hound"- doesn't do it for me for whatever reason. Go figure.

Ron

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Portfolio "Smoke and Mirrors" 8 images silk-screened - limited to 100 copies. The portfolio is signed by Dave McKean and Neil Gaiman. Discover the Martel Gallery"

I have been in touch with the Gallery in Paris, as I hope to visit the Dave McKean exhibition in a couple of weeks and they have advised these are available at 450euro each. You can contact them at contact@galeriemartel.fr

(These are images from the recent SubPress version of Smoke and Mirrors)

In a couple of weeks?
    As far as I remember, the exhibition closes on november 22nd (!). I plan on going to see it next week-end.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Well nearly 2 weeks...I hope to go on the 18th (which was 12 days from when I posted!)

The folio is now on the gallery website:

http://www.galeriemartel.com/index.p...kean-portfolio

Very torn. Love the artwork but it is very expensive...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Well nearly 2 weeks...I hope to go on the 18th (which was 12 days from when I posted!)

That's awesome! Enjoy the exhibit!
    How many prints are in the folio? I don't see that info. for $600 I would consider it depending on how many pieces are in it.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I see he's putting out a book of Short Stories in January.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post

That's awesome! Enjoy the exhibit!
    How many prints are in the folio? I don't see that info. for $600 I would consider it depending on how many pieces are in it.
    Just 8.

Country
    Country Flag

Collectors edition of Hansel and Gretel on sale today:

http://www.toon-books.com/hansel-and...s-edition.html

Country
    Country Flag

Damn....I was hoping to avoid a lot of S/L purchases during the holidays...but this looks kind of nice.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn....I was hoping to avoid a lot of S/L purchases during the holidays...but this looks kind of nice.
    Well I ordered one - the price will go up after the first round, so better now than later

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought one as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going to Amanda Palmer's book reading here in Minneapolis on Sunday night. Bringing a couple of Neil books along just in case.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I ordered one - the price will go up after the first round, so better now than later
    Thanks for the link. I just ordered a copy. $150 price point.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by erxbooks View Post
    Going to Amanda Palmer's book reading here in Minneapolis on Sunday night. Bringing a couple of Neil books along just in case.
    Let us know your impression!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by erxbooks View Post
    We (my wife and I) are seeing her next Thursday - let us know how the evening goes...and if neil shows up.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Thanks for the link. I just ordered a copy. $150 price point.
    Double damn you. Still at $150 price point. So how much do you think they'll go up with each tier/next 100 (? I can't imagine them increasing more than $25 per tier). I'll have to check back to see how quickly/slowly these really sell.

Update on the McNally Jackson signed hansel and gretel - spoke with roger today (he was person running the Internet sale of the double signed books). Don't expect email until near end of week (not the 11th in original email) - they were overwhelmed with response/orders. He said after neil tweeted about the event - the day after the signing - they got a ton of orders and international orders. They're shipping in order of date/time when order placed. If you ordered before the signing/on the 1st - then you should be good to go. Roger checked my order - on the 28th - and said I should be fine. Still have to wait n see.

I did like the book - and so did my son. We had a good time reading it the other night. Enjoyed the art - Caleb had fun describing what he saw. Now I've got 3 editions of this book coming - done. No more - seriously, please, no more.

Country
    Country Flag

I opted out in the end. As much is it looks a lovely edition, with postage to the UK it exceeds $200 which in my opinion was a lot for a 56 page book!

In other news, it seems that Subterranean Press should be shipping the s/l of Interworld and The Silver Dream next week (still not sold out, $120 for a matching pair).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a McNally Jackson package sitting here
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Placed my order 10/24 so hopefully I'll be fine.

Still looking for signed copy of The Sleeper and the Spindle - does anyone knows where to find one ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast