Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I saw some pictures of the Goldsboro version of Ocean from a seller on eBay. It looks nice, kind of like that super deluxe edition, but not quite as fancy. Goldsboro shows that it is on its way as we speak. Hope to get it soon.

Today i was able to buy one of the goldsboro 700 printrun books. i thought they were already sold, but the book is book of the month July. After i bought o returned to the orderside, but was not able to order one more...? Are they sold or not?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    I saw some pictures of the Goldsboro version of Ocean from a seller on eBay. It looks nice, kind of like that super deluxe edition, but not quite as fancy. Goldsboro shows that it is on its way as we speak. Hope to get it soon.

Today i was able to buy one of the goldsboro 700 printrun books. i thought they were already sold, but the book is book of the month July. After i bought o returned to the orderside, but was not able to order one more...? Are they sold or not?
    They have been Sold Out from Goldsboro for at least a month or two.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

So someone probably cancelled the order, because i ordered today and got the order-confirmation... WELLDONE @ ME...^^

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So someone probably cancelled the order, because i ordered today and got the order-confirmation... WELLDONE @ ME...^^
    Luck you

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I am so happy for you guys, Rick and TN! Wish I were there!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PS Publishing is selling the Super Deluxe Edition of Ocean, the one that Headline would not ship to the us, for 249 GBP - still a little too rich for me at the moment. The fact that they have 100 copies of them leads me to believe that Headline did not sell too many of them. http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-oc...man-1835-p.asp

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I got a heart doodle with my personalization. Sweet

reality continues to ruin my life

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, TN!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Signed limited of Stardust for $19.99!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stardust-The...item3cd2413e4d

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I nay have to snap up that ultra special edition. It looks gorgeous

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With PS having bought 100 copies of the deluxe Ocean - I agree with Eric - in that it was not selling too briskly. I gotta imagine that they will have a "sale" on this one down the road and hopefully we can get it a lot cheaper. I will keep reading their newsletters to see if/when this happens.

getting ready to head out in a couple of hours to goto the signing tonight - from the sounds of last night I will need to bring food, water, and shelter with me (maybe even a fan)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Definitely a fan. Pick up one of those small battery operated ones and bring extra batteries. The only air conditioning we got all day and night was during the reception and then in the bar. For some reason no AC during the entire talk and signing. Brutal.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Yeah if it goes on sale please message me and let me know

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my UK slipcased s/n (#288) Ocean today from Goldsboro as well as a copy of Who killed Amanda Palmer - I will post some pics in a few days.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Nice!

Country
    Country Flag

I meant 288 - not sure how the emoticon made his way in there

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You have to put a space between the 8 and the ) or else it's converted to the emoticon.

John

Country
    Country Flag

well its 0200 and we just got home - what a long f'in night. left to goto the city around 4pm - got down around 530 - had to do a little shopping to make my wife happy - doors open at 6 for 7pm start time. we get over there around 610 and the line is around the block. not too long of a wait - in our seats by 630 - but already up in the mezzanine. i was able to get a second book (both first printings - everything was). And Gaiman's reading (a long one) was wonderful - started about 715. Then he went through some Q&A - you had a chance to write down questions for him to answer (I was in the bathroom when these went around). After some questions he read a bit from his upcoming children's book - fortunately the milk - which was very funny (reminded me of hitchhikers guide - almost an homage to douglas adams). That finished around 830 - then the signing started - or the waiting for us. We didn't get our books signed until close to 11pm - or later - probably closer to 1130. However, the couple in front of us only had a copy of the ocean - so i was able to get them to get two more books signed 8) - one was his miracleman book 4 HC and Lenore book #3 (a very dark and funny comic book - which he had written the intro to). I will just wait until next week to post all of the new signed books - since there will be at least 5 more. Goodnight - i am beat.
    (thanks about the 8) - I learned something new)

Country
    Country Flag

As I mentioned earlier neil read a bit of fortunately, the milk - from what he read it was very silly and fun. Reminded me of Douglas Adams and hitchhiker s guide to the galaxy. Anyway I got curious and searched it out on UK amazon site (I had already pre-ordered the us version). Well the uk book was a little more, has a different illustrator - Chris Riddell and is over 30 pages longer - I was intrigued so I ordered a copy. Here's the link if you like:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fortunately-...ately+the+milk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like everyone is having a long night when they go see Neil. Glad it was fun though!

Nice signed book, TN!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You have to put a space between the 8 and the ) or else it's converted to the emoticon.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    (thanks about the 8) - I learned something new)
    You can also "Go Advanced" on your post and click on the "Disable Smilies" option.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

More dates added at neilgaiman.com. I'll be going to the Toronto signing in August too.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay - now this is interesting: Subpress just announced that they are carrying the ultimate Ocean as well - and that they have 40 copies. So between PS and SubPress they have 140 of the 260 copies - of a s/n that was on the market almost 2 weeks ago. Doesn't that show that they missed the original mark with the price point? The fact that more than 1/2 were sent to other publishers to try and sell - and if they bought them for close to that price (who knows) - how much will they be willing to drop the price to get them to sell. The subpress price is $450. I think these have to drop at least another $100-150 to sell. Anyway - just wanted to update.

Here is the subpress link:
    http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...signed_limited

Country
    Country Flag

Oh and the fact that I just bought the unabridged audio CD of the Ocean (the reading was wonderful, and my wife actually said - I would love to listen to that book - made getting her a birthday present this year a little easier) for $21 on amazon - makes that perk in the Ultimate edition even less necessary. btw if you are interested in his reading on Cd - there is an ultimate/complete set (from the UK) that includes coraline, odd and the frost giants, graveyard book and his kids stories for around $45 out there on ebay (I have one on order and can let you know how it sounds if interested - I think most of it is read by Gaiman).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast