Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 126 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...and a video of the Occult Edition (not the greatest book video, but provides a deep dive if you need that):

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...and a better video for the Occult Edition (this YouTuber has a bit of a "canned" sound but otherwise her videos are just fine; she does a nice job):

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a special fondness for The Ocean at the End of the Lane because Neil named a character in the book after me.

And now there will be a newly illustrated edition of this book. Here is a link to the forthcoming signed, slipcased, limited edition at Waterstones:

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the.../9781472270726

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Order placed - thanks for posting the link

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post
    I have a special fondness for The Ocean at the End of the Lane because Neil named a character in the book after me.

And now there will be a newly illustrated edition of this book. Here is a link to the forthcoming signed, slipcased, limited edition at Waterstones:

Thanks for the link! Does anyone happen to know if there will be a US equivalent edition?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Thanks for the link! Does anyone happen to know if there will be a US equivalent edition?
    Harper Collins will be publishing an unsigned edition which is shown on their website plus Amazon etc. But so far, no word on a signed limited edition. They didn’t do it for the Good Omens Script Book either and released only a trade paperback.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty cool!
    May I ask the story behind it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Pretty cool!
    May I ask the story behind it?
    Oh, I had won a charity auction where the prize was getting a character in Neil's next novel named after me. And then time passed and he wasn't writing a novel. I had dinner with him one evening, together with my wife and kids, and he mentioned working on a short story that had become longer than planned and wasn't quite a novel but might become one. I reminded him about the auction thing.

Neil said, "right, that's you!" and pulled out his notebook and made a notation in it. He then asked me to print my name clearly in it.

"How would you like to be a South African diamond miner who commits suicide?"

"Sounds good to me."

My wife suggested that the character should have as gruesome a death as possible.

Later Neil sent me a pdf of the draft manuscript, and I'd been changed from the diamond miner to a recalled childhood companion of the narrator. No suicide, no gruesome death, just an innocent childhood buddy.

My wife said I got off easy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Because you need another S/L of Ocean. But it's pretty nice and cheap:
    https://forbiddenplanet.com/284490-t...ion-hardcover/

Edit: I just realized this is the same edition that Waterstone's had a while back. So here is a new link in case you missed it.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Edit: I just realized this is the same edition that Waterstone's had a while back. So here is a new link in case you missed it.
    can you ever have enough? I already pre-ordered this one, plus I am going to the event in London at which we get a signed 'standard' copy of the book as well.

(and in othernews, one of my holy grail's is due to be delivered today...the hillhouse s/l of American gods!)

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

can you ever have enough? I already pre-ordered this one, plus I am going to the event in London at which we get a signed 'standard' copy of the book as well.

(and in othernews, one of my holy grail's is due to be delivered today...the hillhouse s/l of American gods!)
    Nice - congrats on the Hill House AG - a beautiful book
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I have been looking for a s/l of Angels and Visitations for years, but every one was priced way too high for my taste. I finally found one on eBay for around $200, so I went ahead and purchased it. Weird thing is that it is a lettered edition:

I didn't even know a lettered edition existed. Does anyone have any other details on this, like the original purchase price?

Thanks

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Great find!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Yes, Congrats on HH's AG! The Cornerstone of any respectable NG collection (although I think HH's Anansi Boys is even more beautifully done). Can't believe these things are still readily available- and for a very reasonable price!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would agree on AB - I am guessing that it is just not as popular a book? But very well done - I have a copy with an awesome spider Remarque and I love that one. Plus there is a glassine like paper with an embossed web - that is just loose in the book - I had it in one copy but not the other - I imagine these were easily lost - I think they were placed over the signature page
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

And E for Eric - its like its personalized to you
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Congrats on HH's AG! The Cornerstone of any respectable NG collection (although I think HH's Anansi Boys is even more beautifully done). Can't believe these things are still readily available- and for a very reasonable price!
    Thanks. It's a great edition to finally own. I do already have the HH Anansi Boys (and melinda) so this was my missing one.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. It's a great edition to finally own. I do already have the HH Anansi Boys (and melinda) so this was my missing one.
    Did it also come with the matching Readers Copy?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

No, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have seen a few available at reasonable prices though, so thats my next purchase!

I thought only the lettered editions were 'matched' though and the reader copies for the numbered edition were not numbered themselves?

Country
    Country Flag

No, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have seen a few available at reasonable prices though, so thats my next purchase!

I thought only the lettered editions were 'matched' though and the reader copies for the numbered edition were not numbered themselves?
    The readers copies were actually numbered - I have #95 & #47 I think its the first actual page - just a limitation number - nothing else
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I have been looking for a s/l of Angels and Visitations for years, but every one was priced way too high for my taste. I finally found one on eBay for around $200, so I went ahead and purchased it. Weird thing is that it is a lettered edition:

I didn't even know a lettered edition existed. Does anyone have any other details on this, like the original purchase price?

Thanks
    Although I can't speak to this particular book, a number of publishers (Arion Press, for example) use letters to denote the in-house copies reserved for authors/contributors/etc. If it's functionally identical to the "numbered" version, that's my guess as to what's happening here.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Thanks
    Although I can't speak to this particular book, a number of publishers (Arion Press, for example) use letters to denote the in-house copies reserved for authors/contributors/etc. If it's functionally identical to the "numbered" version, that's my guess as to what's happening here.
    I’m sure it’s something like that. Lettered or numbered, I’m happy to finally have a copy.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Thanks
    I’m sure it’s something like that. Lettered or numbered, I’m happy to finally have a copy.
    Congrats on the new book!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

re Angels & Visitations - I dont recall a lettered edition at all! Perhaps as suggested above they were intended for specific recipients? Maybe a quick email to dreamhaven might clear it up?

re American Gods reader copy - that's odd as I have seen a few around listed as 'not numbered'. It doesn't worry me too much tbh (unless anyone here has one numbered 700!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 126 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast