Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FS produces some beautiful books, but they occasionally go full garish on us with some strange artwork choices (here, this description only applies to the covers).

It's time for another random and gratuitous mention of the artist behind some of the worst illustrations the world has ever seen (and used more than once by FS): the dubious David Hughes (Google away; prepare to recoil).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    FS produces some beautiful books, but they occasionally go full garish on us with some strange artwork choices (here, this description only applies to the covers).

It's time for another random and gratuitous mention of the artist behind some of the worst illustrations the world has ever seen (and used more than once by FS): the dubious David Hughes (Google away; prepare to recoil).
    Aargh. I did as you suggested and the illustrations for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest make me wish I could unsee that. I don't want to google any more images of his work.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha, I took a look and I like his work.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    You're right. I'll wait for a sale. I think the price is right but they'd sell faster if the books were sold individually with a few months in between. Or if Folio offered a payment plan for the set.

It's kind of sad I had to post this in the Neil Gaiman thread and Gene Wolfe doesn't even have one. He was a fantastic writer and these books were his masterpiece.
    I believe they do offer a payment plan service if you contact them

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It reminds me of Dave McKean who I really like except this looks more like Dave drew with his off hand.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Haha, I took a look and I like his work.
    I am a fan of the grotesque as well!

My wife does not appreciate some of my taste in art so all my best stuff is in my office

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    You're right. I'll wait for a sale. I think the price is right but they'd sell faster if the books were sold individually with a few months in between. Or if Folio offered a payment plan for the set.

It's kind of sad I had to post this in the Neil Gaiman thread and Gene Wolfe doesn't even have one. He was a fantastic writer and these books were his masterpiece.
    Oh, nice. Thanks. I'll be getting in touch with them and hopefully they'll be okay with it. I made the mistake of passing on the Centipede editions and now they're outside of the realm of possibility for me.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, nice. Thanks. I'll be getting in touch with them and hopefully they'll be okay with it. I made the mistake of passing on the Centipede editions and now they're outside of the realm of possibility for me.
    let us know if they offer any payment plan - that would be good info. Its tough selling a 4 book set, especially when $150 each (but I guess that would cut down shipping? A little?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well - I broke down and purchased a set (with a little help from a friend...peer pressure). The books arrived today - and really are nice, I do like the artwork as well as Gaiman's intro - so really looking forward to reading these books. I guess I am glad that I ordered since they have since sold out on FS - about a week after going on sale. I admit I was quite surprised that they sold out so quickly.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Well - I broke down and purchased a set (with a little help from a friend...peer pressure). The books arrived today - and really are nice, I do like the artwork as well as Gaiman's intro - so really looking forward to reading these books. I guess I am glad that I ordered since they have since sold out on FS - about a week after going on sale. I admit I was quite surprised that they sold out so quickly.
    I just opened mine. The books are gorgeous. I'm so glad I talked you into parting with your cash

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm super grateful that WeDealInLead posted about this set - I got one as well and it is a beaut! And it's good to know that FS packs and ships their limited editions better than their regular editions (though I haven't had some of the problems that others have been having). I also thought that this was going to be available for longer than it was so I'm glad I didn't hesitate too much before pulling the trigger.

I think one reason that this set went quickly is because it's probably the last thing that Wolfe signed, so there won't ever be any more S/L Urth sets. Also, after the incredibly hard-to-find Centipede Press set, I think this is the next-prettiest set of these books. I don't love the EP version and I think the first editions are so-so. For what it is (the second-best version of perhaps the greatest literary SF series of all time, and the last set signed by the author before his death), I think this was a good grab!

Country
    Country Flag

I just opened mine. The books are gorgeous. I'm so glad I talked you into parting with your cash
    - as always thanks...now when is the next Gaiman book coming out...Starting to watch Good Omens on Amazon too - anyone else watching?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a signed lettered edition of Good Omens Hillhouse edition, if anyone is interested.
    Simon

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

- as always thanks...now when is the next Gaiman book coming out...Starting to watch Good Omens on Amazon too - anyone else watching?
    I’ve watched the first two so far. Really enjoying it. I ordered a copy of the book for my daughter to read.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I’ve watched the first two so far. Really enjoying it. I ordered a copy of the book for my daughter to read.
    we have listened to the audio book (a few times) on our travels down south for hockey - great way/time to listen to Neil
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

With the Good Omens Script Book, there is the regular UK hardcover and the limited edition UK hardcover. But I've also discovered there are at least two different versions of the regular UK hardcover. One has a deleted sequence at the end with the Other Four Horsemen, and the second (from Waterstones) has two deleted sequences (the Other Four Horsemen plus a sequence in the 1800s in which Gabriel visits Aziraphale in his bookshop and tries to retire him).

Anyone know of any other variants?

I just finished the Script Book and it was a really fun read.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post
    With the Good Omens Script Book, there is the regular UK hardcover and the limited edition UK hardcover. But I've also discovered there are at least two different versions of the regular UK hardcover. One has a deleted sequence at the end with the Other Four Horsemen, and the second (from Waterstones) has two deleted sequences (the Other Four Horsemen plus a sequence in the 1800s in which Gabriel visits Aziraphale in his bookshop and tries to retire him).

as far as I know there are 4:
    -Standard UK edition
    -Waterstones UK edition with Exclusive content
    -SIGNED waterstones UK edition with Exclusive content (same as the one above, but signed)
    -Deluxe Signed UK edition (available at waterstones, foyles, forbidden planet) with extra exclusive content (this is a white cover)

I need to sit and compare the actual content differences though!

Country
    Country Flag

as far as I know there are 4:
    -Standard UK edition
    -Waterstones UK edition with Exclusive content
    -SIGNED waterstones UK edition with Exclusive content (same as the one above, but signed)
    -Deluxe Signed UK edition (available at waterstones, foyles, forbidden planet) with extra exclusive content (this is a white cover)

I need to sit and compare the actual content differences though!
    Yes, the two that I got (standard and Waterstones) are both signed, and the limited edition is still on the way to me.

Country
    Country Flag

Grains of Sand: 25 Years of the Sandman is an interesting book of Sandman-related artwork from a museum exhibition. It also includes the first issue of Sandman and pages from issue #8:

https://cartoonart.bigcartel.com/pro...bition-catalog

Regular and signed versions are available; I've ordered one of the signed copies.

Country
    Country Flag

Grains of Sand: 25 Years of the Sandman is an interesting book of Sandman-related artwork from a museum exhibition. It also includes the first issue of Sandman and pages from issue #8:

https://cartoonart.bigcartel.com/pro...bition-catalog

Regular and signed versions are available; I've ordered one of the signed copies.
    Its a very nice catalogue. It actually came out five ago though - and its sat on my shelf ever since waiting for a slipcase, as I intended to get a custom one from somewhere to protect it (as its a paperback).
    The first 25 orders also came with a print signed by Gary Amaro and Steve Leialoha (I got in just in time)

the signatures are on signed bookplates, which I dont usually like, but these are really good!

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

Anyone has a spare deluxe signed special edition script of good omens with the white cover. I see there are copies in foyles for 30 quid but only click and collect. Really appreciate the help. I missed it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    Anyone has a spare deluxe signed special edition script of good omens with the white cover. I see there are copies in foyles for 30 quid but only click and collect. Really appreciate the help. I missed it.
    It don't see where it says this one is signed. I'm pretty sure the Waterstone copies were signed but I just don't see anything about it.

Country
    Country Flag

The deluxe limited edition version with the white cover is definitely signed. I ordered mine from Forbidden Planet. It's in the title (The Quite Nice And Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book (Deluxe Signed Limited Edition)) and in the description, which makes clear that it has more scenes that in the regular and the Waterstones versions:

This stunning limited edition of The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book features:
    Signed by Neil Gaiman.
    White cloth boards with gold foil detail.
    Endpapers printed with gold metallic pantone.
    Extra material: four exclusive bonus sequences with introductions by Neil Gaiman and ‘Scribbles on Set’ from artist Lorna May Wadsworth – a series of bespoke black-and-white sketches from the Good Omens set.
    Marker ribbon, head and tail bands.

Country
    Country Flag

The deluxe limited edition version with the white cover is definitely signed. I ordered mine from Forbidden Planet. It's in the title (The Quite Nice And Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book (Deluxe Signed Limited Edition)) and in the description, which makes clear that it has more scenes that in the regular and the Waterstones versions:

This stunning limited edition of The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book features:
    Signed by Neil Gaiman.
    Extra material: four exclusive bonus sequences with introductions by Neil Gaiman and ‘Scribbles on Set’ from artist Lorna May Wadsworth – a series of bespoke black-and-white sketches from the Good Omens set.
    Yeah but Foyles doesn't have it in the title or in the description.

Country
    Country Flag

Signed by Neil Gaiman.
    Yeah but Foyles doesn't have it in the title or in the description.
    the foyles listing (no longer available) does not mention it is signed - but does state that there were only 1000 printed (at least we now know the print run):

Stunning limited edition of The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book Exclusive print run - 1000 copies only. White cloth boards with gold foil detail, Endpapers printed with gold metallic pantone, Extra material: four exclusive bonus sequences with introductions by Neil Gaiman and 'Scribbles on Set' from artist Lorna May Wadsworth - a series of bespoke black-and-white sketches from the Good Omens set, Marker ribbon, head and tail bands. Includes an introduction by Neil Gaiman about bringing Good Omens to the screen.

https://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/ficti...-9781472265227
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast