Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I'm not picky - lately I've been getting 1 of each (US and U.K.). It seems like the U.K. Signed books have been more widely advertised and easier to pre-order lately. i.e. From Goldsboro or waterstones. Whereas we've had to search a bit more for the us edition - which this forum has helped track most of these places down. Honestly, lately I think the U.K. Books (via goldsboro or waterstones or headline) tend to be nicer book quality than the US versions.

I don't go searching for all of the various signed editions - like those on a tipped in sheet vs flatsigned. If they're bought directly from a bookstore, especially one with an author event - that's all the proof I need. As an aside sometimes those U.K. Books are printed/released earlier than the US version too.

Lately we haven't been sure if there'll be US signed copies - so I'll be happy just to grab one - wether us or U.K. All of the goldsboro signed copies had sold out a few weeks ago as well - last time I checked the site they didn't have it listed in inventory anymore. That leads me to believe that there aren't a ton of signed copies. Maybe a few hundred to a few thousand? Typically in past for pre-signed tipped in books he's signed about 2K-5K - but this seems less than that - since signed copies haven't been that publicized and small Indy shops are only getting a handful of copies.
    All valid points! Thanks for them. Very sound reasoning.
    Of course, one day after I post about Gaiman's "slippery" nationality in regards of how to best collect him- he roundly contradicts me, and set's me straight. I've been collecting the wrong editions all along! That'll teach me: https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...nterview-books

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Only 2 months until Patrick and I (and the wives) get to meet Neil - hoping I can get a couple extra books signed.
    Holy s**t, we bought these tix so long ago I only just remembered this event.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Only 2 months until Patrick and I (and the wives) get to meet Neil - hoping I can get a couple extra books signed.
    I keep them in the drawer under my checkbook - each time I balance it I'm reminded - but yeah it's been a good while...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I keep them in the drawer under my checkbook - each time I balance it I'm reminded - but yeah it's been a good while...
    You still write checks??
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still write checks - the kid's schools won't take credit cards for field trips, etc. I also still use Quicken to balance and track everything. Some habits die hard... :-)

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still balance all my payment (even those e-checks) in the old fashioned check book - and I have to still write a few - our landscaper for one and as Eric mentioned some school things - but between landscaping debt there are very few written checks. I've tried some online/app products for balancing the bills/checks/purchases - but I find I always come back to the checkbook and written ledger - I like doing the basic math - the last app I used always screwed up after each update. Anyone have a favorite?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite is that I don't balance it I just check the account online to see if everything looks ok and pay all the bills from there. Maybe that's crazy but it doesn't stress me out anymore.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    My favorite is that I don't balance it I just check the account online to see if everything looks ok and pay all the bills from there. Maybe that's crazy but it doesn't stress me out anymore.
    You sound like my wife - I don't balance hers (neither does she - nor does she look too closely) apparently that's my job. I check hers every time I balance mine (but mine has the mortgage auto pay and bigger bills - hence the importance). That's how I caught some recurring nursing bill that she never noticed - which needed to be stopped. Plus I gotta double check all those anonymous PayPal charges for all those mysterious books that keep arriving
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Neil has hinted at his next book;

"Thank you to everyone who bought & liked (link: http://bit.ly/NorseMythology) bit.ly/NorseMythology. (If you didn't like it, the next novel will be thick & set under London.)"

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

"Thank you to everyone who bought & liked (link: http://bit.ly/NorseMythology) bit.ly/NorseMythology. (If you didn't like it, the next novel will be thick & set under London.)"
    Saw that, and gotta say- was a bit disappointed. I enjoyed Neverwhere, but a new Neverwhere novel before an American Gods? Starz is going to air the adaptation of the first book with no new material for additional "seasons"...

My Mood
    Relaxed

Anyone get their Strand order for NORSE MYTHOLOGY processed yet?

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received an email on the 12th that mine had been shipped, but the USPS tracking info still shows pre-shipment info received only.

I'd also ordered the UK signed edition and that was shipped and received within several days.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post
    I received an email on the 12th that mine had been shipped, but the USPS tracking info still shows pre-shipment info received only.

I'd also ordered the UK signed edition and that was shipped and received within several days.
    Thanks. Still waiting on any movement on mine from The Strand. Is the UK signed on a unique sheet?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From all the pics I have seen both the US and UK editions are just signed on the front free end paper. If there is an edition with a special limitation page, please let us know.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post

Thanks. Still waiting on any movement on mine form The Strand. Is the UK signed on a unique sheet?
    It arrived while I was out of country vacationing, and I've been stuck getting back...I should be back tomorrow and then will be able to open it.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't heard anything from the strand about my copy - but Goldsboro already shipped
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't heard anything from the strand about my copy - but Goldsboro already shipped
    Tracking on my copy from the Strand has been updated to show it is en route since yesterday.

My UK copy came from Waterstones; it was shipped on the 6th and arrived on the 10th at home in Canada, which was amazingly fast.

John F. Kennedy Zaphod will become famous soon enough

Is anybody here interested in buying a UK first print hardback of Stardust (the novel version published by Headline)? I've been going through some old boxes and found a few As New/As New copies that I've had probably since they were published. £25 each plus shipping at cost.

Message me if interested.

I'll update if I find any more unusual Gaiman items, I used to buy a lot of his stuff but I got collector fatigue trying to keep up with all the special editions and different versions.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested in a 1st Stardust HC with Charles Vess if anyone has one (signed if possible).

Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested in a 1st Stardust HC with Charles Vess if anyone has one (signed if possible).
    You can occasionally find them on eBay - I have the green cover one - second edition. I've looked for signed red/blue ones in past and then just forgot about it (didn't need to be that complete - I have the 4 individual illustrated books - signed by both) - but of course a nice double signed one sold for about $65 a few weeks back - that's what I got for removing that search.

As for the strand just got notification it was shipped today - will see which gets to the door first
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    From all the pics I have seen both the US and UK editions are just signed on the front free end paper. If there is an edition with a special limitation page, please let us know.
    My uk signed copy from Waterstones was signed on a front paper but it seems the Foyles edition (with black page edges) has an extra tipped in signature page. Not a limitation page as such, but different to the other editions.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

Saw that, and gotta say- was a bit disappointed. I enjoyed Neverwhere, but a new Neverwhere novel before an American Gods? Starz is going to air the adaptation of the first book with no new material for additional "seasons"...
    Neil answered this at the London event yesterday. He thinks season one is only about 25% of the novel, so they have plenty to be going on with!
    'The Seven Sisters' will be the name of the new Neverwhere book (and he is 3 chapters through writing it!)

Traveler marakh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I have the Gift Deluxe signed edition still sealed

Country
    Country Flag

This is the one I'm looking for:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast