Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Here's are some Neil Gaiman collectible editions (all S/L). More on the way...

Anansi Boys

Coraline

M is for Magic

Interworld

Stories

Adventures in the Dream Trade

American Gods

Neverwhere

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love those Hill House books, soooo well produced. It's too bad they had such an abysmal business sense. How are the SubPress books in comparison, now that they have taken over for HH?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Each item on this list is a link to photos in my collection thread here at TDT.org:

Signed/Limited edition of SHELF LIFE, with many contributors including Neil Gaiman

The signed/limited anthology: 999 - NEW STORIES OF HORROR AND SUSPENSE, signed by Neil Gaiman and others

First Edition hardcover of "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" written by Neil Gaiman, inscribed to me in person with a drawing of Batman

"Absolute Sandman, Volume I" inscribed to me in person with a drawing of Morpheus

Autographed copy of THE BLUEBERRY GIRL by Neil Gaiman

That same autographed copy of THE BLUEBERRY GIRL now additionally inscribed to my wee daughter in person (me, not her)

Subterranean Press signed/limited edition of CORALINE by Neil Gaiman, and illustrated by Dave McKean

An inscribed 1st Edition/1st Printing hardcover of Neil Gaiman's NEVERWHERE

The signed/limited edition of the anthology, STORIES, edited by Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio, which features tales by a varied list of authors

Subterranean Press produced SONGS OF THE DYING EARTH, STORIES IN HONOR OF JACK VANCE which contains a story by Neil Gaiman. Here is the proof and the signed/limited edition

A signed copy of Neil Gaiman's children's book, THE WOLVES IN THE WALLS, with illustrations by Dave McKean

Signed first editions of Neil Gaiman's THE GRAVEYARD BOOK

The original edition of Neil Gaiman's ODD AND THE FROST GIANTS. It was a book given away to schoolchildren in the U.K.

The Signed/Limited edition of a book by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves: INTERWORLD

The Signed/Limited edition of Gaiman's M IS FOR MAGIC

A short story chapbook, Gaiman's SHOGGOTH'S OLD PECULIAR, signed by the author and the artist

First trade edition of THE FACTS IN THE CASE OF THE DEPARTURE OF MISS FINCH signed by Gaiman

Signed first trade edition of Gaiman's ANANSI BOYS

Neil Gaiman was the Guest of Honor at Chicago Comicon 1993. Here is the limited edition autographed and doodled program.

The Signed/Limited edition of Neil Gaiman's MIRRORMASK (Dave McKean, artist)

Not by Gaiman, but about the production based on his book, NEVERWHERE :
    WHAT I THOUGHT I SAW, by Kelli Bickman - signed by the author

I think that is everything. To be continued/edited if I missed anything.
    Last edited by Patrick; 11-26-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy freaking crap, Patrick. The Gaiman section is clearly something I never got a chance to read yet in your main collecting thread. This is hands down the best Gaiman collection I have ever seen in my life!! I am sooo impressed!! Very nice, sir.

I don't know what to say besides, "I'm jealous". Oh, and "Congratulations!"

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Thanks, Tim. The Gaiman books are sprinkled throughout my collection thread, so even I didn't realize quite how much I had until making the list in the post above.

I have the S/L of ANANSI BOYS on the way to me.
    I have the S/L of his short story collection, SMOKE AND MIRRORS from Subterranean Press on preorder.
    I have the S/L of the anthology SMOKE AND MIRRORS from Cemetery Dance on preorder (via Horror Mall). It contains a teleplay by Neil Gaiman.

On my Gaiman wish list are some of the books that Eric shows above, specifically the S/L's of NEVERWHERE, AMERICAN GODS and ADVENTURES IN THE DREAM TRADE. I am drooling over his collection.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

His collection is awesome indeed. I really didn't mean to slight it, I love all the S/Ls, especially American Gods.

With yours though, I was especially blown away by all of the sigs on the trade editions and the doodles too. I don't think I've ever seen a Gaiman doodle before. They were really cool!

Random thought: Someone needs to do an over the top edition of Good Omens, really, really soon. I'd buy the hell out of that, so to speak. I don't know if it's my appreciation of Pratchett too, but especially I love that book. It also could be because that is the first time I ever read Neil though, as well.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I don't think you slighted him at all.

Thanks for the kind words. If you're interested, here are my three posts in the Neil Gaiman thread in the Dutch Hill forum right after I went to see Neil Gaiman in person in July 2007.

I still need to read GOOD OMENS, but I'd buy an S/L of it despite that fact.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought 2 paperbacks by Mr Gaiman from a local charity shop on saturday, looking forward to getting my first taste of him!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Oh, I don't think you slighted him at all.
    Its all good. I didn't post the pics to be in competition with anyone. Patrick has some great books there. It is great to see copies of books that I might want to add down the road. I have a few more in the mail to me as we speak (including some not on the list above), so once I get them I will surely display pics.

I like the books from Sub Press. They don't compare to the HH editions, but they are nice. I was going to preorder Smoke and Mirrors, but it says it is a year behind already and it is not listed on its "coming soon" list, so I didn't want to tie up any funds waiting years for a new book.

And Patrick, wait until you get your HH copy of Anansi Boys. It is one beautiful production.

More to come!

Country
    Country Flag

A few more:

On Cats and Dogs (unsigned, not numbered - 5000 copies)

Anansi Boys (I wish I knew the exact details of this book. It was produced specifically for Ottakar's Bookstore in the UK. It is not numbered, and I have read that there are anywhere between 1000-2000 copies. My copy is signed by NG on the FFEP. I have read that all of these are signed, but I can't find definitive proof of that. Still a nice book, with silver gilt on the page edges)

More to come....

Country
    Country Flag

The Graveyard Book (signed, numbered to 1500 copies):

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Eric, I love looking at your Gaiman collection- your pictures are absolutely stunning! Even though I have most of these books, I've never seen them look so good- even in person! What are you using? Please say it's some crazy-expensive camera, and not one of those "regular" digital ones (like I have and can't seem to get really good pictures from).

Ron

p.s. and how do you get the books to stand up so perfectly on that carpet!

Country
    Country Flag

Ron,

Thanks for the kind words. As for the carpet, well, my office carpet is extremely old. It has no more fluff to it, so if I stand something up on it, it usually stays still. My camera rig is a Nikon D40 with an SB400 flash. I bounce the flash to the side off of a white wall, so it sends the light back to the picture without aiming it directly at the book, so I don't get flash spots in the picture. I then use Adobe Lightroom for some post-processing. I'm certainly no photo pro, but I know enough to do what I need to do.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Your photos look great whatever you're doing, and shame on you for tempting me so. Now I want to go get more Gaiman limited editions.

Country
    Country Flag

The Machineries of Joy (limited to 100 copies, signed by Bradbury and Gaiman):

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's beautiful. Eric, a few questions for you:

1. Is your ADVENTURES IN THE DREAM TRADE the edition that is signed by both author and artist, or is it the one signed by the author?

2. Did your S/L of AMERICAN GODS come with the Reader's Copy that was issued along with the hardcover limited?

3. Any chance you could post a photo of the limitation/signature page of THE MACHINERIES OF JOY?

Country
    Country Flag

That's beautiful. Eric, a few questions for you:

1. Is your ADVENTURES IN THE DREAM TRADE the edition that is signed by both author and artist, or is it the one signed by the author?
    I just have the one signed by Gaiman. I wasn't planning on really picking this book up, but it was cheap and I couldn't justify spending the extra money for the artist signature.

2. Did your S/L of AMERICAN GODS come with the Reader's Copy that was issued along with the hardcover limited?
    Yes, my copy has the Reader's Copy, with the same limitation number on the title page.

3. Any chance you could post a photo of the limitation/signature page of THE MACHINERIES OF JOY?
    Sure...here you go:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Eric. I'll likely wait to spring for the traycased edition of DREAM TRADE signed by both. The Bradbury book looks like a very nice production. I really want an S/L of AMERICAN GODS with matching reading copy.

Someday.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection for both of you Eric & Patrick.

Will try to get some pics of my stuff not already pictured up in the next day or so.
    (But my photo skills SUCK)

Karl

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any idea when Smoke and Mirrors from Sub Press is due? Their website says March 2010. I hate to pre-order it if the book isn't going to come out for years...

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Anyone have any idea when Smoke and Mirrors from Sub Press is due? Their website says March 2010. I hate to pre-order it if the book isn't going to come out for years...
    Eric, I asked Bill about this in mid-January.

Q:How is Smoke & Mirrors coming along?
    Site still lists a pub date of March 2010.

A:We're waiting for Dave McKean, and expect him to resume work on the book in April/May.

Karl

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Karl. Maybe it will get done by the end of 2011.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Eric, I asked Bill about this in mid-January.

Q:How is Smoke & Mirrors coming along?
    Site still lists a pub date of March 2010.

A:We're waiting for Dave McKean, and expect him to resume work on the book in April/May.

Karl
    Thanks for the update, Karl. As one who preordered this book quite a while ago, I am very disappointed that they are letting it drag on this long.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update, Karl. As one who preordered this book quite a while ago, I am very disappointed that they are letting it drag on this long.
    What are they (Subterranean) supposed to do about it if the artist isn't meeting his deadline? Besides get another artist, but all the pre-orders were for the McKean design and art....

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yeah, this is a pretty strange situation. McKean seems to have always been a reliable designer. His twitter stream indicates that he's been busy with quite a few other projects over the last year or so. I've been a fan for a very long time, going back to the early Sandman days, but at this point I'd welcome giving it over to someone else.

Ron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast