+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110
Results 2,726 to 2,748 of 2748

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

  1. #2726
    Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    386
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Dave Mckean answered this himself on facebook:

    "I like Steve, and he's sent me many books over the years to sign, and he's bought books directly from me. He sent me 7 AG's and I forgot about them for 6 weeks. I felt rather guilty about this, so doodled in them all as well as signed them. He's a pro-active indi bookseller worth supporting."

  2. #2727
    Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    706
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I agree that the signed copies are over priced but I do think that is close to a fair price for the double signed and Remarque copies. Probably why those sold out rather quickly.

  3. #2728
    Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    386
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I agree that the signed copies are over priced but I do think that is close to a fair price for the double signed and Remarque copies. Probably why those sold out rather quickly.
    So next time I go to an event with Dave, I know what book i shall be packing to take with me!!!

  4. #2729
    Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 is on a distinguished road ym2000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    124
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I agree that the signed copies are over priced but I do think that is close to a fair price for the double signed and Remarque copies. Probably why those sold out rather quickly.
    I bought one.
    Not sure about triple the published price but I know Steve put in a lot of work and effort in getting it all organized. To me it was well worth it.

    Looking for lettered Subterranean Press:

    First Law Trilogy including other books ( 6 or full 9 books - matching letter)
    Carlos Zafon Trilogy
    Hunter's Run by GRRM
    Neal Stephenson
    Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon
    Neil Gaiman

  5. #2730
    Gunslinger Apprentice swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    492
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    I didn't get one of these- too $$$- but, I will say that I recently re-read the book, and was alternating between 3 or 4 different editions, just because (well, why have 10 different editions if you're not even going to crack the damn things!). And, as lovely as that Hill House edition is- and it truly is- I just found myself a bit more comfortable with the Folio. It just feels and reads extremely well. So- a signed copy of what may well be the "best" edition of a seminal (Multiple award winning) novel- is hard not to put a high premium on. Congrats on those who got one.

    Also, re: Folio: Between this and their recent gorgeous Lovecraft volume- they are doing some great work lately...

  6. #2731
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Agreed on folio - I just bought the douglas adams/hitchhikers guide set - its very well done
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  7. #2732
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Just FYI I have an extra copy of Norse mythology with alternate independent bookstore day cover - $40 shipped in US
    Also have an extra Melinda triptych - signed by both Gaiman and Dagmara - $75 shipped in US - that one is #9 (out of a 200 limitation - but 200 were not made/sold - so actual limitation is less)

    Or I'll make a deal if you want both items
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  8. #2733
    Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    386
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Ps Publishing are having a sale which includes Fearie Tales at 95 (reduced from 249)

    http://pspublishing2.com/fearie-tale...ones-910-p.asp

  9. #2734
    Other worlds Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    12,883
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Ps Publishing are having a sale which includes Fearie Tales at 95 (reduced from 249)

    http://pspublishing2.com/fearie-tale...ones-910-p.asp
    Thanks! I just ordered a copy. I had passed on the original price, but this is much more palatable.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

  10. #2735
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Ps Publishing are having a sale which includes Fearie Tales at 95 (reduced from 249)

    http://pspublishing2.com/fearie-tale...ones-910-p.asp
    Thanks! I just ordered a copy. I had passed on the original price, but this is much more palatable.
    That it is - and a really nice book to boot - but I already have one (and no I didn't pay the original price - a much cheaper eBay option). This is a nice book - but was overpriced initially
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  11. #2736
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Heres a pretty good deal from book mint - if you didn't already have this version of stardust:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-ltd-N...UAAOSwgQRZb6Pr
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  12. #2737
    Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    386
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    It looks like Peter (ex hill house) is selling 3 more copies of the william morrow Neverwhere s/l at a very reasonable price..

    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/232427477813

  13. #2738
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Very good price if u don't have one and peter is great to
    Work with
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  14. #2739
    Rabid Billybumbler ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,763
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Get yours quick - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nev...=9780062839879

    From Neil's FB page - "Barnes and Noble will be offering signed editions of the forthcoming Chris Riddell illustrated version of Neverwhere. The numbers are limited (as I have to sign them next week) so they are taking advance orders now. It's a gorgeous book. (And yes, author's preferred text, and How the Marquis Got His Coat Back ).

  15. #2740
    Gunslinger Apprentice swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    492
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Get yours quick - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nev...=9780062839879

    From Neil's FB page - "Barnes and Noble will be offering signed editions of the forthcoming Chris Riddell illustrated version of Neverwhere. The numbers are limited (as I have to sign them next week) so they are taking advance orders now. It's a gorgeous book. (And yes, author's preferred text, and How the Marquis Got His Coat Back ).
    "Forthcoming"? We already have this.. or do we have the UK and this is the US debut?

  16. #2741
    Along the Path of the Beam ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    36
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Yes, it's the North American edition debuting. I already have the UK one too but ordered this. And checking now, it seems to have gone out of stock at least temporarily. They must have reached the quota.

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Get yours quick - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nev...=9780062839879

    From Neil's FB page - "Barnes and Noble will be offering signed editions of the forthcoming Chris Riddell illustrated version of Neverwhere. The numbers are limited (as I have to sign them next week) so they are taking advance orders now. It's a gorgeous book. (And yes, author's preferred text, and How the Marquis Got His Coat Back ).
    "Forthcoming"? We already have this.. or do we have the UK and this is the US debut?

  17. #2742
    Gunslinger Apprentice swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    492
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post
    Yes, it's the North American edition debuting. I already have the UK one too but ordered this. And checking now, it seems to have gone out of stock at least temporarily. They must have reached the quota.

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Get yours quick - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nev...=9780062839879

    From Neil's FB page - "Barnes and Noble will be offering signed editions of the forthcoming Chris Riddell illustrated version of Neverwhere. The numbers are limited (as I have to sign them next week) so they are taking advance orders now. It's a gorgeous book. (And yes, author's preferred text, and How the Marquis Got His Coat Back ).
    "Forthcoming"? We already have this.. or do we have the UK and this is the US debut?
    Got it, thanks. Wanted another one of these for the daughter anyway. Glad I ordered right away. Thanks for the heads-up, Eric!

  18. #2743
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    If anyone happened to get more than one copy please let me know - I was a little late to the party on this one.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  19. #2744
    Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The First State
    Posts
    4,432
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    If anyone happened to get more than one copy please let me know - I was a little late to the party on this one.
    Me too.
    WANTED:

    DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

    MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

  20. #2745
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    At least I presume this'll be the same as the UK version - which I think I have at home (have to double check once I get back) - and those were signed by riddell and Gaiman if memory serves me anything...anymore
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  21. #2746
    Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough somekindofstranger will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    386
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    At least I presume this'll be the same as the UK version - which I think I have at home (have to double check once I get back) - and those were signed by riddell and Gaiman if memory serves me anything...anymore
    Yes, the signed UK editions were signed by both Neil and chris

  22. #2747
    Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Taking offers in a signed copy of Ghastly Beyond and Belief. In good condition. Especially for a mass market published in 1985.

    And a signed by Gaiman and Kelli Bickman copy of Bickmans's book What I Thought I Saw. A collection of photos taken on the set of Neverwhere. This in fine condition.

    Pictures can be emailed of both books.

  23. #2748
    Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Selling
    Subpress
    Interworld Matched Lettered set
    Interworld Matched Limited set

    Hill House
    Anansi Boys limited

    Pm me if you are interested

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts