Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 126 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Slightly damaged copies of A Screenplay for $60

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/231690452240
    Thanks for the link Eric. Ordered a copy

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up. I have been trying to stay off eBay, but I jumped on as soon as I saw your post.

I've been looking for a copy at a reasonable price for a long time. It may not be mint, but I'm guessing you won't even be able to tell once it's on a bookshelf.

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was an early subscriber to the Hill House Editions.

The lettered of A Screenplay came in a more elaborate dark navy/black box. I have both the numbered and lettered editions. I tried to attach an image, but as I am new here, it appears that I am not allowed to do so.

The numbered edition of American Gods came in a plain cardboard box with the title and number on it, whereas the lettered came in an elaborate case with a marble door.

Anansi Gods didn't come in a box. Unless I threw it out because it was just a plain cardboard thing.

Chris

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a great deal. If they're from Pete hopefully the box is included. Neil had a nice blurb on his blog about the current humble bundle. There's a link to his interview in the nerdist as well. I was a little shocked by this part:

And collectors do want these titles. Gaiman said he occasionally comes across them at signings and when he asks how much was spent to acquire them, he learns a ridiculous amount of money was invested. The Duran Duran book and Ghastly Beyond Belief were among Gaiman’s first few books and are up there in price. Gaiman said, “I went on Amazon last night–I was just curious–and it looks like you can get copies of Duran Duran in paperback from about $100 in really bad condition up to about $500 or $600, and the hardback copy, of which there were only about a dozen, would set you back about $4,500.”

Had no idea there were so few copies of the HC Duran Duran. Now if I can only get my copy signed...

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if it includes the box as well. Since the box is numbered, I think it is needed to consider the item complete. This is mine:

This leads me to wonder if the other Hill House edition boxes were numbered as well. My Anansi Boys and American Gods came without boxes, so I don't know what they looked like.
    My Anansi Boys came in a plain brown box, but as it was bought on the secondary market I dont know if that was how it was issued, or not. I dont recall ever having seen a picture of either AG or ABs box. It would be great if these did include the box, but to be honest at that price I am not too worried.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. For $60, you can't go wrong.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I got my UPS shipping notice for A Screenplay today. Estimated to arrive in the UK on Saturday :-)

(and, yes this is Peter Schneider selling them, as I had an email from him too)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received the truth limited edition 1/250 from BD... Here is picture of the book...

I guess I don't have luck with my recent signed orders....

It's not even signed LOL

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default N.G. Humble Bundle - last 18 hrs

As John Scalzi posted on his blog,
    "...
    Fortunately, there’s now a “Neil Gaiman Rarities” eBook Humble Bundle (which, at the time of this writing, is on its last day — pick it up here if you see this within 24 hours of this post’s publication), and Neil stuck in the bio as part of the bundle. As soon as I saw that it was in there, I slapped down my money (more than the $15 required to unlock the tier that included the bio, I’ll note) and made a beeline to download the pdf version.
    ..."
    https://www.humblebundle.com/books

$20 unlocks over 20 titles:
    This rare books bundle just got rarer. We dug up more Gaiman artifacts for your reading pleasure! Name your price for Adventures in the Dream Trade (essays, poems, lyrics & original AMERICAN GODS blog), Gods & Tulips (controversial 1993 speech, an essay on running signings, & a speech on comics), Free Speeches (speeches by Neil, Frank Miller, & others), Being An Account of the Life and Death of the Emperor Heliogabolous (24 hour comic, written & drawn by Neil Gaiman), and Ghastly Beyond Belief (Neil's rare & never republished second book of oddball quotes). If you pay more than the average price, you'll also get Sweeney Todd & Other Stories (Neil's lost, unfinished, never republished graphic novel with Michael Zulli), Angels & Visitations (first collection of prose fiction, non-fiction, & poetry), Day of the Dead (fully annotated Babylon 5 script), An Honest Answer & Other Stories (Bryan Talbot's collaborations & Dave McKean too), Feeders & Eaters with Mark Buckingham (Neil's collaborations with Mark Buckingham, including a comic about Alan Moore), Neil Dreams (short comics of dreams, by and about Neil, done by & with Rick Veitch), and the two controversial UK comics anthologies Outrageous Tales From The Old Testament (controversial 80s comics anthology. Neil nearly sent one publisher to prison. Alan Moore, Dave McKean, Dave Gibbons & more), Sculpture Stories with Lisa Snellings (short stories & sculptures), Blood Monster with Marlene N. O'Connor (a short story about monsters & the people who make them), A Fall of Stardust with Charles Vess (a short story set in wall, with never before reproduced illustrations by Charles Vess, and three poems set in STARDUST), and Seven Deadly Sins (controversial 80s comics anthology. Neil does sloth. Alan Moore does lust), which also feature contributions from Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons, Dave McKean, Bryan Talbot and more. If you pay $15 or more, you'll ralso receive Duran Duran (Neil’s never republished first book, ridiculously expensive second hand), Love, Fishie (poems by Neil & Maddy Gaiman, a privately printed gift for his 42nd birthday), A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff (out of print & collectible book of short fiction, essays, poems, many never reprinted), and Manuscript Found In A Milk Bottle (never before reprinted short story with brand new intro).

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got my amazon replacement for the first unsigned "signed" sleeper. And that was unsigned too - so don't feel bad shac - not just you. Although the third time I ordered from book depository and ended the Amazon fun.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon.ca is being the weird Amazon.ca again. They're telling me they can't find the item in question and should they keep trying? No, I ordered it because I didn't want it, obviously.

TL;DR: no Sleeper yet and I might not even receive it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Amazon.ca is being the weird Amazon.ca again. They're telling me they can't find the item in question and should they keep trying? No, I ordered it because I didn't want it, obviously.

TL;DR: no Sleeper yet and I might not even receive it.
    I spoke with them yesterday regarding my second unsigned copy received - and the person said they'll be taking the order page down until resolved and they look into the matter - which is exactly what they did - I guess we can make a difference. They said it might take a week until they figure it out - once they do then the order page will be back up.

In the meantime I just cancelled/returned mine and requested a refund. Then I went and ordered a copy from the book depository - they had them listed in stock and it was actually a few bucks cheaper.

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if it includes the box as well. Since the box is numbered, I think it is needed to consider the item complete. This is mine:

This leads me to wonder if the other Hill House edition boxes were numbered as well. My Anansi Boys and American Gods came without boxes, so I don't know what they looked like.
    My copy arrived today. No box but immaculate condition.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For $60 you certainly got a wonderful deal. Heck of a lot less than what I paid for mine.

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine too. No box but "A"....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Shac!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

Awesome!!!!! Mine was just a numbered. Apparently there is no difference between the lettered and limited at all, but still that's a fantastic one to have received

Did yours show any sign of the 'spotting' on the cover that was mentioned? Mine didnt and was in perfect condition.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone is interested, I did get an email regarding pre-ordering a signed copy of the PB of Trigger Warning (and potentially winning a personalized tweet from Neil). Go HERE to see the info.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Awesome!!!!! Mine was just a numbered. Apparently there is no difference between the lettered and limited at all, but still that's a fantastic one to have received

Did yours show any sign of the 'spotting' on the cover that was mentioned? Mine didnt and was in perfect condition.
    Thanks !! the book came in perfect condition !!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

got a letter and numbered and both were mint. Very happy

this however annoys the hell out of me!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Good-Omens-1...item419d9c9da0

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Yeah the Prachett sig looks ok, but that is not Gaiman's signature.

Country
    Country Flag

What a waste of a good first printing

Country
    Country Flag

And high bidder is zero rating - think it's an inside job??? And if the gaiman sig is so bad can you really trust the pratchett sig? Not that it would matter.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What a waste of a good first printing
    exactly what i was thinking!

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

So anyone doing that New York event? I would love a signed Sandman Overture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 126 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast