Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Alright, now I'm ticked off: found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-...0AAOSwnHZYmgQa :, which is indeed a US publisher issued signed on special tip sheet- right after receiving the regular, signed on title page copy I ordered from The Strand. You would think that between all of us Gaiman collectors gathered here- experts, it has to be said- someone would've been made aware that these were happening before a week after publication. This drives me nuts. I don't have $30 to throw away on an edition I felt cornered into buying by a complete lack of information by either the author or the publisher on just what was being offered. To make matters worse, it's looking like the UK Foyles signed on special sheet, black page stained, and stamped "Hammer" boards- is the best, most collectible edition now anyway. Would've loved to have known what my options were before everything went to $60+ $20 shipping on ebay.

Rant over.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Cities are not people" – an essay by @neilhimself, hidden in the SimCity 2000 library.
    >>> https://twitter.com/gray/status/832557735719890944
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Alright, now I'm ticked off: found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman-...0AAOSwnHZYmgQa :, which is indeed a US publisher issued signed on special tip sheet- right after receiving the regular, signed on title page copy I ordered from The Strand. You would think that between all of us Gaiman collectors gathered here- experts, it has to be said- someone would've been made aware that these were happening before a week after publication. This drives me nuts. I don't have $30 to throw away on an edition I felt cornered into buying by a complete lack of information by either the author or the publisher on just what was being offered. To make matters worse, it's looking like the UK Foyles signed on special sheet, black page stained, and stamped "Hammer" boards- is the best, most collectible edition now anyway. Would've loved to have known what my options were before everything went to $60+ $20 shipping on ebay.

Rant over.
    Rant made sense. Not that I'd ever sell a (flat)signed Gaiman book (the minimum profit isn't worth the hassle IMO) but if I ever wanted to, a tipped-in sheet would go a long way to provide legitimacy of the signature. This also works the other way too; I'd rather pay a little extra to be 100% sure the signature isn't a forgery.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Rant over.
    Rant made sense. Not that I'd ever sell a (flat)signed Gaiman book (the minimum profit isn't worth the hassle IMO) but if I ever wanted to, a tipped-in sheet would go a long way to provide legitimacy of the signature. This also works the other way too; I'd rather pay a little extra to be 100% sure the signature isn't a forgery.
    To be honest, in this case I don't think the tipped in sheet helps with authenticity as it still doesn't say in print that it's a signed edition....and most people wouldn't even realise it was a tipped in page anyway!
    For a £20 I don't think it matters either way but I do like the look of the foyles 'black' edition

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Rant over.
    Is there a link to the Foyles edition or is it sold out? I never saw that one. I ordered from Goldsboro.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any chance that someone has extra copy of signed US norse mythology ? I'ts sold out everywhere....

Thanks

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Any chance that someone has extra copy of signed US norse mythology ? I'ts sold out everywhere....

Thanks
    Did you check Alabama Booksmith?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Thanks
    Yep. Sold out

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    Yep. Sold out
    Maybe try calling the strand directly to see if they have any signed copies left
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Thanks
    Yep. Sold out
    Maybe try calling the strand directly to see if they have any signed copies left
    Thanks Chad

Called them and all the copies left are unsigned

I think the publisher released small quantity of signed copies to stores . Haven't seen short supply of signed gaiman for a long time....

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    Yep. Sold out
    Thanks Chad

I think the publisher released small quantity of signed copies to stores . Haven't seen short supply of signed gaiman for a long time....
    There was a tweet yesterday that Oblong books in NY still had signed copies...

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

The store I got mine from only got one per store. And they didn't know they were coming.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Rant over.
    Is there a link to the Foyles edition or is it sold out? I never saw that one. I ordered from Goldsboro.
    the link I had now goes to a 'page could not be found' so I think they are gone.

Country
    Country Flag

this is a cached link to the original page: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...eil-xsignf1900

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post

Thanks
    Yep. Sold out
    Thanks Chad

Thanks ! Ordered my copy

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post

Thanks
    Yep. Sold out
    Thanks Chad

Thanks ! Ordered my copy
    Fantastic! Glad I was able to help you out.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed out on getting a signed copy as well does anyone have an extra they would part with?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

We have one signed copy of NORSE MYTHOLOGY currently on eBay at a low starting price ($24.95), and a second that we can sell direct. Feel free to PM if interested.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, I am enjoying "American Gods" so far. About 100+ pages in so far.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Not that I'm selling, but I own that edition with both Gaiman's and Vess's signatures. I believe that I bought it from Dreamhaven since I never met Vess (but visited his college.)

This is the one I'm looking for:

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Cool, I'll wait for my signed limited oversized edition in 3 years
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I included a front shot only of Neverwhere with Thinner and Running Man on my collection post and have added some additional pics here after discovering Gaiman thread. Was advertised as Absolutely Fine Condition and Gaiman is one of my favorites. Since i recently added a bookshelf in office to make desk exclusively DT, I've had more space to get more books and stuff i'm reading (It's next to Straub and the Bachman books). The Condition was as advertised, for Signed limited edition 387/500 bookplate to FEP and i'm thrilled/feel lucky to have run across it.

3/11 - Decided to edit this post down to one pic showing my Gaiman adds together since I have them pictured individually now on my collection post. American Gods S/L 188 & 377 with above -Jake

3/14 - Another edit after receiving my Neverwhere preferred text and returning the American Gods #377 (it was faded and the 188 is mint).

Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Country
    Country Flag

Folio Society have announced a new version of American Gods, slipcased with artwork by Dave Mckean:

http://www.foliosociety.com/book/ACG...ds-neil-gaiman

Not sure I really need another version, but I love the artwork and I do have a £25 Folio voucher that needs using by July....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    I included a front shot only of Neverwhere with Thinner and Running Man on my collection post and have added some additional pics here after discovering Gaiman thread. Was advertised as Absolutely Fine Condition and Gaiman is one of my favorites. Since i recently added a bookshelf in office to make desk exclusively DT, I've had more space to get more books and stuff i'm reading (It's next to Straub and the Bachman books). The Condition was as advertised, for Signed limited edition 387/500 bookplate to FEP and i'm thrilled/feel lucky to have run across it.
    Nice addition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast