Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Folio Society have announced a new version of American Gods, slipcased with artwork by Dave Mckean:

http://www.foliosociety.com/book/ACG...ds-neil-gaiman

Not sure I really need another version, but I love the artwork and I do have a £25 Folio voucher that needs using by July....
    I'm with you. It does look really nice, but I don't need any more republished, reprinted, gift editions from Gaiman anymore.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Folio Society have announced a new version of American Gods, slipcased with artwork by Dave Mckean:

http://www.foliosociety.com/book/ACG...ds-neil-gaiman

Not sure I really need another version, but I love the artwork and I do have a £25 Folio voucher that needs using by July....
    I'm with you. It does look really nice, but I don't need any more republished, reprinted, gift editions from Gaiman anymore.
    But it's the "ultimate collectors edition"???...well that's a far stretch.

capitalizing on the release of the tv series. Yeah I'm good - no need for that $120 book.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That artwork is super awesome though... ugh!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I'm with you on this Becca. The Folio books look tremendous and I'm a sucker for Dave McKean. Dave is one of the defining artists associated with Neil and especially for this book. I already own a couple of AG books but I think I'm going to bite the bullet on this one. I'd love to get this one signed by both Neil and Dave.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I'm with you on this Becca. The Folio books look tremendous and I'm a sucker for Dave McKean. Dave is one of the defining artists associated with Neil and especially for this book. I already own a couple of AG books but I think I'm going to bite the bullet on this one. I'd love to get this one signed by both Neil and Dave.
    I have to come clean - I actually succumbed to my inner Gaiman and ordered the book over the weekend - since I remembered that I will be seeing gaiman in 3 weeks - so hoping the book gets shipped out this week and is here in time. Oh yeah and I talked Becca into one as well - since I was already paying for the speedy shipping. So we hope to have 2 signed in a few weeks...by at least Gaiman - now if I can ever find McKean...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I have to come clean - I actually succumbed to my inner Gaiman and ordered the book over the weekend - since I remembered that I will be seeing gaiman in 3 weeks - so am hoping the book gets shipped out this week and is here in time. Oh yeah and I talked Becca into one as well - since I was already paying for the speedy shipping. So we hope to have 2 signed in a few weeks...by at least Gaiman - now if I can ever find McKean...
    I got my shipping notice today, for delivery tomorrow (but I am in the UK).
    Great idea re the signing. Its a shame he didnt do a signing in London at his recent visit (just pre-signed books for sale).

I get the feeling a Dave McKean signature might be more feasible on this side of the pond, as he makes more UK appearances (I was lucky enought to meet him in November at an event for his Black Dog graphic novel, at which he was kind enought to sketch and sign my Mirrormask 1st for me). I am not sure if he anything scheduled at the moment though.

Country
    Country Flag

I have to come clean - I actually succumbed to my inner Gaiman and ordered the book over the weekend - since I remembered that I will be seeing gaiman in 3 weeks - so am hoping the book gets shipped out this week and is here in time. Oh yeah and I talked Becca into one as well - since I was already paying for the speedy shipping. So we hope to have 2 signed in a few weeks...by at least Gaiman - now if I can ever find McKean...
    I got my shipping notice today, for delivery tomorrow (but I am in the UK).
    Great idea re the signing. Its a shame he didnt do a signing in London at his recent visit (just pre-signed books for sale).

I get the feeling a Dave McKean signature might be more feasible on this side of the pond, as he makes more UK appearances (I was lucky enought to meet him in November at an event for his Black Dog graphic novel, at which he was kind enought to sketch and sign my Mirrormask 1st for me). I am not sure if he anything scheduled at the moment though.
    Very cool - McKean on this side might be more of a stretch. No shipping notice yet - but hopefully soon
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

I take that back - I did receive an email this morning and in the banner it said "Your Folio Order is on its way" - there was no actual shipping information. But the body of the email thanked me for my order and now that I am a customer...yada yada yada. So I guess that is notification?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Also, interestingly, on the Folio Society's Facebook page they were asked which text it was.
    They replied it was the Authors preferred text, "and we have actually made some further corrections as well, with Neil Gaiman's agreement"

So technically it's a revised authors preferred text!

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I have to come clean - I actually succumbed to my inner Gaiman and ordered the book over the weekend - since I remembered that I will be seeing gaiman in 3 weeks - so hoping the book gets shipped out this week and is here in time. Oh yeah and I talked Becca into one as well - since I was already paying for the speedy shipping. So we hope to have 2 signed in a few weeks...by at least Gaiman - now if I can ever find McKean...
    I'm very happy that my collection has expanded from DT only to add some Bachman and Gaiman books (most recent add from today on my collection post). I started thinking about the Folio American Gods and pulled the trigger.

Then i got bummed b/c through my inattention I'm missing the Santa Rosa appearance (I live in N. Cal Brentwood) and it's sold out. I could have been at the Meet & Greet if i had just done some research earlier in the year. Sometimes emotions are like a roller coaster :-) Hope you get your signature. Normally I would just arrange a trip to my company's office in San Diego where there are still some seats left, but with my wife due in 1-2 weeks she may not approve me abandoning her and the Newborn for a week long factory/office trip just to go see Gaiman...
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    I'm very happy that my collection has expanded from DT only to add some Bachman and Gaiman books (most recent add from today on my collection post). I started thinking about the Folio American Gods and pulled the trigger.

Then i got bummed b/c through my inattention I'm missing the Santa Rosa appearance (I live in N. Cal Brentwood) and it's sold out. I could have been at the Meet & Greet if i had just done some research earlier in the year. Sometimes emotions are like a roller coaster :-) Hope you get your signature. Normally I would just arrange a trip to my company's office in San Diego where there are still some seats left, but with my wife due in 1-2 weeks she may not approve me abandoning her and the Newborn for a week long factory/office trip just to go see Gaiman...
    Sorry you'll miss out on the meet n greet - but it's probably better than the story you'd have to tell you're child about why you missed them being born...but look dear I got this awesome book inscribed to you

Glad to hear you on the forum - we are pretty good about announcing signings, etc and when/where tickets might be available - for future events. Although gaiman events are getting much fewer and farther between. I mean when ocean came out - I think I saw gaiman at 3 separate events within a year. The last time was the live reading of the truth is a cave in SF - so it's been a little while.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say, "American Gods" is not slaying me so far and I am over 200 pages in.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I gotta say, "American Gods" is not slaying me so far and I am over 200 pages in.
    AG doesn't even crack my Gaiman Top 5.

Information no one asked for but I'm still providing:

1. Sandman
    2. The Graveyard Book
    3. Coraline
    4. Fragile Things (or M is for Magic, depends on the mood)
    5. The Ocean

I like his comics a lot more than novels. I obviously do like the novels a lot...I just like the comics a ton more.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    AG doesn't even crack my Gaiman Top 5.

Information no one asked for but I'm still providing:

1. Sandman
    2. The Graveyard Book
    3. Coraline
    4. Fragile Things (or M is for Magic, depends on the mood)
    5. The Ocean

I like his comics a lot more than novels. I obviously do like the novels a lot...I just like the comics a ton more.
    Interesting! for me, I prefer his written work to the comics!
    Top 5 are probably
    -Smoke and Mirrors
    -American gods
    -Stardust
    -Ocean
    -Neverwhere

I did enjoy Graveyard book and coraline a lot, but I dont tend to go back to them as much as the others

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

You probably won't like it more the more you read.
    It is a very odd book, I just re-listened to it and it was much better the second time around but I wouldn't say I love it now. He did say in the new intro that he wanted to write a book that meandered and it totally does and I actually appreciated that the second time.

My wife loves mythology and lore and she loved it so maybe if you know all the gods and those stories it's more of a blast of a read.

My favorite by him is the Ocean at the End of the Lane.

Country
    Country Flag

My AG arrived today. Its a very nice edition overall.
    Dave's artwork is, as expected, stunning.

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know if Neil is signing books on his current "An Evening With..." tour? I know that the VIP session in Seattle specifically mentions no signing, but I don't know about after the event.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No signing at the Santa Rosa VIP event either.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    yeah - a little disappointed that theres no signing - no idea how many are actually in the VIP sections at these events. But it should still be a fun evening and a chance to meet neil (maybe grab a photo) and another fun evening...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah - a little disappointed that theres no signing - no idea how many are actually in the VIP sections at these events. But it should still be a fun evening and a chance to meet neil (maybe grab a photo) and another fun evening...
    You should still take a book bag
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Always do
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Always do
    Two books max to a declared "no signing" event.
    At least they should have some signed books available for sale. I bet there are tons of extra signed copies of OCEAN they still need to liquidate.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

My Folio AG arrived and happy i grabbed it before taking a book buying break for my new NG section. Nice artwork

Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Country
    Country Flag

Just got settled in from another fun evening. Met up with Steve, Patrick and Khegan at local brewery before the Gaiman meet n greet:

After a couple of beers we headed to a local Puerto Rican restaurant for some good food and conversation. Then it was off to the Luther Burbank center
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

The VIP event was very small in number - maybe 50 people - in a nice room with some tables, food and beverages. Initially they had a table set off to the side and the hostess told us how the evening would go - and it sounded like he'd stay there and she'd bring groups up to meet him for pictures. She said no flash photography and he'd probably not be signing anything. My ears pricked up at probably - was there a chance...maybe

Well actually Neil didn't follow that plan - he just made his way around the room, talking with each group of people and taking pictures with everyone. And my mind went kinda numb as he was in the room, just a mere feet away from me - so if my memory is not correct - Steve & Patrick please feel free to correct me.

So when we were on deck we all stood up to get our chance. Since the event people said we were moving along since Neil didn't have much time left, they got all of our cameras - ready to get our pictures. Here's one example:

Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast