Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
I'm not picky - lately I've been getting 1 of each (US and U.K.). It seems like the U.K. Signed books have been more widely advertised and easier to pre-order lately. i.e. From Goldsboro or waterstones. Whereas we've had to search a bit more for the us edition - which this forum has helped track most of these places down. Honestly, lately I think the U.K. Books (via goldsboro or waterstones or headline) tend to be nicer book quality than the US versions.

I don't go searching for all of the various signed editions - like those on a tipped in sheet vs flatsigned. If they're bought directly from a bookstore, especially one with an author event - that's all the proof I need. As an aside sometimes those U.K. Books are printed/released earlier than the US version too.

Lately we haven't been sure if there'll be US signed copies - so I'll be happy just to grab one - wether us or U.K. All of the goldsboro signed copies had sold out a few weeks ago as well - last time I checked the site they didn't have it listed in inventory anymore. That leads me to believe that there aren't a ton of signed copies. Maybe a few hundred to a few thousand? Typically in past for pre-signed tipped in books he's signed about 2K-5K - but this seems less than that - since signed copies haven't been that publicized and small Indy shops are only getting a handful of copies.
All valid points! Thanks for them. Very sound reasoning.
Of course, one day after I post about Gaiman's "slippery" nationality in regards of how to best collect him- he roundly contradicts me, and set's me straight. I've been collecting the wrong editions all along! That'll teach me: https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...nterview-books