Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1309

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

gosh this is infuriating lol wish the publisher would get back with one of us.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    does it list a signed isbn in a regular gold finch printing?
    No

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So a friend in the UK picked up his Goldsboro copy and said there was also no hologram. Goldsboro is looking into it. I'm betting it's the same deal. Stickers are an added expense that they worked around (guessing).

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    does it list a signed isbn in a regular gold finch printing?
    I believe the signed edition was released after the original release. Even has its own number line separate from the regular edition.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone else wants to give this book a shot, I still see it listed on Amazon from the same seller at $125 HERE

WOW, someone now has this ISBN listed on Abebooks for $786.31 HERE.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received email from the seller:

Hello & Thank You for your purchase of Career of Evil.
    I have posted a new listing on Ebay (171977000846) for this signed title,
    which includes a picture of the actual publishers shipping label for this book.
    I thought that you might wish to know, so that you may copy and print it for your records in order to establish a strong provenance for the authors authentic signature.
    Thanks again, Mike @ Mike's Collectable Book

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno. I'm kinda like that guy from Pawn Stars - that really doesn't prove any specific book came from that box.
    Has anyone Tweeted Galbraith or Rowling and mentioned signed books floating around with no hologram? I don't do social media, but maybe someone does. Might get a response.
    Or I just could be missing the sale of the century...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I dunno. I'm kinda like that guy from Pawn Stars - that really doesn't prove any specific book came from that box.
    Has anyone Tweeted Galbraith or Rowling and mentioned signed books floating around with no hologram? I don't do social media, but maybe someone does. Might get a response.
    Or I just could be missing the sale of the century...
    No one got holograms this time. Only a special ISBN number on the copyright page. Goldsboro didn't receive any in the UK either.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If she decided not to do holograms this time, that's cool. Kind of disappointing since that was the one thing that guaranteed her signature post-2007.

Still odd that this one seller is the only one selling US signed copies that I can see on eBay. Did he get the only case?

Country
    Country Flag

I found out the Goldsboro books don't even have the ISBN number.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Can whoever has a signed copy of one of her other pseudonymous novels chime as to whether or not the signature on these CAREER OF EVIL copies looks legit?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I have one in order from the us guy. When I get it I'll do comparison shots with Cuckoos Calling and The Silk Worm.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine today from Mike's Collectibles via the first EBay auction. I say this is fully legitimate. The signature is on a separate page bound in and the ISBN number on the back of the dust jacket is for the signed. Signature looks like other legitimate ones I have seen online, at least! Photos below:

"God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would agree - looks good to me.

Although, Robert Galbraith isn't a real person, so is it a real signature?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's Silkworm

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure it is harder for her to make those signatures look the same every time as compared to a Rowling signature. But they look almost the same.

Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy from Mike's today also:

Country
    Country Flag

If you put them next to each other, they really don't look the same - but again, as pseudonym signatures, she probably can't duplicate it the same each time:

I'll settle for the JK signature I have and be happy with it

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    If you put them next to each other, they really don't look the same - but again, as pseudonym signatures, she probably can't duplicate it the same each time:

I'll settle for the JK signature I have and be happy with it
    I think they have the same lines. The first is from Silkworm though. You might try comparing the two new sigs. I know she had a hard time coming up with the signature and it's not an easy one for her to sign.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the two new ones next to each other

Still don't look very similar to me, but I am certainly no expert. I don't think any two will really be identical, but she probably signed them. Just not anything I'd want.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

It certainly seems like a legit release. I don't collect Rowling at all, so I suppose for me it's all moot, but it's been an interesting development. I do wonder about any potential resale, given the hologram caution on her own site. I suppose the copyright page and its mention of the signed edition probably takes care of that issue...probably.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Here's the two new ones next to each other

Still don't look very similar to me, but I am certainly no expert. I don't think any two will really be identical, but she probably signed them. Just not anything I'd want.
    I think the strokes look very similar to each other... one just looks more rushed.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay - here's a little update from customer service at hachette group:

Hi Chad,

The ISBN you provided is for the signed edition. It is currently unavailable and I cannot determine whether or not anymore signed editions will become available.

Regards,

Catherine Ferroni
    Customer Service Representative
    Hachette Book Group

Country
    Country Flag

So they are real. Then a great deal was had by all who purchased one.

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like all of Mike's copies on other sites were sold (or taken down) and the one listed on Ebay is currently at $218 ending today. I wonder if he has more and will sell the rest auction style now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast