Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1307

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Some guy just sold 25 signed US career of evils on eBay. Who knows if they were legit or not.
    I don't think I buy any signed book by her without her hologram attached

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Some guy just sold 25 signed US career of evils on eBay. Who knows if they were legit or not.
    Hmm, I saw those myself, and the image of the copyright shows a specific ISBN number for a signed edition. If it is the typical tipped-in page it may very well be legitimate. That ISBN number is hard to identify via Google...
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Hmm, I saw those myself, and the image of the copyright shows a specific ISBN number for a signed edition. If it is the typical tipped-in page it may very well be legitimate. That ISBN number is hard to identify via Google...
    From her FAQ:

Is my signed book authentic?

Due to the very high demand for signed books by J.K. Rowling, these are now limited to selected charities and special circumstances. Unfortunately there are unscrupulous people out there, who are only too ready to step into the breach and exploit Harry Potter fans, so we would like to add a note of caution.

As there has been an unfortunate increase in the number of forged signatures over the last few years, books genuinely signed by J.K. Rowling since the publication of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2007, including her new novel The Casual Vacancy, now carry a hologram of authenticity.

Any other item claiming authenticity, such as certificates, accompanying a signed book is not genuine or valid.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I thought that as well so I sent an email to mulholland books. We'll see if I get a response.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Publisher Authorized Author Signed Editions are common. Publishers produce signed editions by binding in an additional end sheet into a book that the author has signed. This extra end sheet will not be in the trade edition. In this title's case, a special 'signed edition' ISBN was created by the publisher to denote that this is an authentic signed edition, no hologram was added. The bound signature page, bound copyright page and stated 'signed edition' ISBN should serve as provenance. This title came in stock & was listed on Ebay October 19th (with pictures), the day prior to the October 20th release date. If you are concerned that a seller with 100% positive feedback could/would bind pages into a book, fake a signature, create an ISBN etc, all within 1 singe day and to have it pictured/listed on Ebay & shipping now, then there is no need to email me or to purchase this book. This is a very popular listing, many are very pleased that this signed edition was published, do not over think it just because its J.K. Rowling. I do apologize for the need to post this message. Thank You!

Wow - they really try to sell it as signed - and make it sound impossible that it was a forgery.
    This was the description for those books.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The other problem I have with that listing is none of the pictures showed the back of the book - to see the isbn. The copyright page does show that there is a signed edition amongst the 4 different isbn. If you wanted to be authentic just show that picture too and you could be certain, plus no picture or mention of hologram.

A little odd since that seller sells a ton of s/l - from sub press, cd, etc.

Country
    Country Flag

People can buy whatever they want and be happy with it. I have one signed Rowling book with the hologram. Not a chance I would by a signed book by her without one. Can't imagine she would do one of those tipped in signed books. Just doesn't seem like her style. I guess only the publisher can tell us for sure.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the reply from the eBay seller:

Dear cit1974,

These are the tipped-in Publisher copies. I work with publishers & distributors and spend a lot of time searching for up coming releases.
    There was no hologram issued, which has thoroughly confused a lot of people.
    I had a several people email me and accuse me of selling fakes. Now, how can I bind an extra page for the signature and also bind a copyright page that acknowledges that there is a signed edition with an ISBN in the 1st day of release and ship?
    A few contacted the publisher & it was confirmed that no hologram was issued. Then they were buyers.
    A lot of emails on this one, busy...bussy.
    Best, Mike

I sent an email directly to the publisher so I'll see what they say. I'll try and call tomorrow.

Country
    Country Flag

I do hope it is real for those who buy. All just seems a little strange. You'd think that other places would have some for sale.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got one just in case. If it's fake I'll return for full refund.

The seller is at risk of 25 negative feedback...

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I got one just in case. If it's fake I'll return for full refund.

The seller is at risk of 25 negative feedback...
    Yeah, I snagged one too at $89. Figured I have PayPal protection as well as the sellers refund policy!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Since there is an ISBN for a signed edition it is most likely legit. Just odd nobody else is selling any right now

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think it's quite odd as well.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did someone received official response from the publisher ?

Country
    Country Flag

I looked at the last listing which the seller uploaded the copyright page:

Clearly state - ISBN 9780316353724 (signed edition)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Did someone received official response from the publisher ?
    nothing back from publisher - but i had to email them. no direct contact/call number

Country
    Country Flag

I see the ISBN listed as a signed edition. Just odd that she would release these signed copies without the hologram. That goes against having it in the first place.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I see the ISBN listed as a signed edition. Just odd that she would release these signed copies without the hologram. That goes against having it in the first place.
    They've never released a special publisher's signed edition before so it shouldn't need the hologram with the special ISBN number. I'm guessing that it cuts down on costs considerably. They can just print a special copyright page instead of hand labeling each book.

Country
    Country Flag

the copyright page looks similar to the one in my copy of the goldfinch - that B&N had last year. That signed edition does list a separate ISBN which matches the one on the DJ - for signed edition. I imagine that only the signed edition has the notation on the copyright page - otherwise how would you tell the difference/forgery? In that case maybe that copyright page would serve as the proof. I had called a local indie shop to see if they had any copies - they did not - and he said that the signed edition ISBN is NOT printed on the copyright page of the books in their shop

Country
    Country Flag

i am through searching - its been fruitless and I head back to work tomorrow. i will just wait for my copy to arrive and see if anyone else unearths anything or gets a reply from publisher. btw Mike still has copies on his amazon/alibris/ and website - at a slightly higher price than on eBay - but still there.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm done too. I'm not even a JK collector, so none of this really matters to me at all :-)

Country
    Country Flag

I'm done too. I'm not even a JK collector, so none of this really matters to me at all :-)
    oh i enjoyed your banter and insight :0

My Mood
    Inspired

does it list a signed isbn in a regular gold finch printing?

Country
    Country Flag

i don't have a regular printing - just the signed edition

Country
    Country Flag

just did a quick eBay search and the regular editions (goldfinch) do not have the signed edition isbn on the copyright page - saw 2 or 3 different copies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast