Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Edinburg said she only got 2 copies. Wonder if that's true? If so, only members here got copies.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

who got the other?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nevermind, I thought someone else posted they got one but I don't see it.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mulholland Books giving away 13 hardcovers of The Silkworm featuring bookplates signed by Robert Galbraith

https://www.facebook.com/mulhollandb...252FQ6qAd3EnZs

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Mulholland Books giving away 13 hardcovers of The Silkworm featuring bookplates signed by Robert Galbraith

https://www.facebook.com/mulhollandb...252FQ6qAd3EnZs
    Thanks for heads up - i stopped after entering emails for my immediate family - 6 entries was enough for me

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well i didn't win the free one on the goldsboro giveaway:

Congratulations @PJTMLIS You are the lucky winner of our signed #TheSilkworm giveaway! Please DM your address.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Win one of ten signed first editions of The Silkworm - Stylist Magazine

Open to UK residents only

http://www.stylist.co.uk/books/win-o...tion-completed

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Win one of ten signed first editions of The Silkworm - Stylist Magazine

Open to UK residents only

http://www.stylist.co.uk/books/win-o...tion-completed
    I was able to enter the drawing. I don't know if they will let me win though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my copy of The Silkworm today from Waterstones. Not signed. I didn't really expect it to be but I was hoping.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Got my copy of The Silkworm today from Waterstones. Not signed. I didn't really expect it to be but I was hoping.

John
    I got mine Saturday. No signature.

It arrived, surprisingly undamaged, in a cardboard "box/sleeve" with no further protection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

John

It arrived, surprisingly undamaged, in a cardboard "box/sleeve" with no further protection.
    That's the way mine was shipped also. Mine had some minor damage to the top back of the dust jacket, but I was going to use it as a reading copy anyway.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

John

That's the way mine was shipped also. Mine had some minor damage to the top back of the dust jacket, but I was going to use it as a reading copy anyway.

John
    Actually the bottom front of the dustjacket is a little rumpled. It is still fine though not pristine. I have the US 1st and the UK 1st. I think I'll read the US edition.

Country
    Country Flag

For those Goldsboro Golden Ticket holders, they told me they would just use my CC on file and they would take care of it. I don't have to do anything else. I'm guessing that is what they are doing for all US customers that want theirs shipped.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    For those Goldsboro Golden Ticket holders, they told me they would just use my CC on file and they would take care of it. I don't have to do anything else. I'm guessing that is what they are doing for all US customers that want theirs shipped.
    Yep, that is what I was told as well. I am hoping it is here this week.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Newest P&J! UK 1/1 Signed

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful copy Kingfan ! Respect

Country
    Country Flag

Finally arrived from Edinburg - My new P&J Silkworm 1st/1st SIGNED

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Nice nick and sharki!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, both of them.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

John

Country
    Country Flag

My Silkworm finally showed up. It's perfect and they even put a mylar cover on it.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    My Silkworm finally showed up. It's perfect and they even put a mylar cover on it.

Beautiful! Congratulations!

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So here's a Potter story (sorry no collectibles):

My family and I spent 4th of July week at Universal Studios Florida. My 15 year old daughter is a huge Potter fan, and she hadn't had a chance to see the Hogsmeade park that opened in 2010. She was hoping that Diagon Alley was going to open by the 4th, but when they announced the grand opening would be on the 8th, 3 days after we left, she was heartbroken. So, we have a great week and she's having as much fun at the Hogsmeade side, while also looking through the closed gates of Diagon Alley with sadness in her eyes. On 4th of July, our last day, we're walking around and although Diagon Alley is still closed, Kings Cross Station was open. I asked what was going on, and they were having dress rehearsal for the Hogwarts Express train that connects the two parks. If you had a park-to-park ticket, you could ride it. Well, we did, so we rode the train to Hogwarts. She felt a little better after that. So we're waiting on line for lunch at The Three Broomsticks, when an employee tells us they just soft opened Diagon Alley. We raced out of the restaurant, got back on the train, and when we arrived at Diagon Alley, the gates were open. We spent 3 hours shopping - buying robes at Madame Malkin's, new wands at Olivander's, exchanged Muggle Money for Gringott's Bank Notes, candy at Weasley's Wizard Wheezies...it was crazy. The only thing we didn't get to do was the new ride, but everything else was open. When she saw the lines on opening day last Tuesday (7 hour wait to ride the ride and 3 hour wait just to get in to Diagon Alley), she realized just how lucky we were.

One thing the Ministry of Magic is good at...taking my money :-)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric, sounds like you all had a great time!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast