Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully the seller will cancel the orders

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit that the thrill of the hunt for these has been kind of fun.
    Mark Twain

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AFter the order was placed the message I received was this:
    I just bought: 'The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)' by Robert Galbraith
    www.amazon.co.uk
    A SIGNED UK 1ST EDITION 1ST PRINTING HARDBACK - SIGNED BY JK ROWLING AS "ROBERT GALBRAITH" Perfect condition . Dust Jacket Protected

guess they had not updated their link/site? I sent them an email as well - with the message above for clarification

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    www.amazon.co.uk
    A SIGNED UK 1ST EDITION 1ST PRINTING HARDBACK - SIGNED BY JK ROWLING AS "ROBERT GALBRAITH" Perfect condition . Dust Jacket Protected

guess they had not updated their link/site? I sent them an email as well - with the message above for clarification
    Please update us on their response!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I got the same message and emailed them. They responded that they were not selling signed copies.

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    www.amazon.co.uk

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I basically said if it was not what was advertised then to cancel my order

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Its been frustrating - I think a lot of non-collectors had these when they were released and just saw $$$$ when she announced she was the author. Book storse say they have stock, then they don't. eBay is a nightmare trying to figure out what people are selling.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They have to know that the first printings are like gold right now, and signed copies would be platinum. Can't imagine they have either at this point

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered an unsigned UK copy off ABE (seller was Speedy Hen) on 7/14 and my order was shipped either the same day or the day after. It's probably a first. Estimated delivery is 8/13.

John

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I ordered an unsigned UK copy off ABE (seller was Speedy Hen) on 7/14 and my order was shipped either the same day or the day after. It's probably a first. Estimated delivery is 8/13.

John
    I did the same - my order was also shipped same day

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

Oh, lucky you.
    I always purchase from Speedy Hen, but when the news came out I was some kind in shock and I didn't react If I just googled a little

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I did the same - my order was also shipped same day
    Same here.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fun? Settling in searching the net for hours with a bottle of Bailey's, finding the most arcane little bookstores and melting plastic with reckless abandon?? Yep, it was.

Anyway, as I am retiring from the hunt it looks like I have one shipped from BookDepo,
    one shipped from ABE UK; one from ABE US; one should be shipped from an Amazon seller who said yes, it was a first; one that says "dispatched now" from an Amazon.uk seller; one pending from Biblio and two I ordered from Foyle's I have not gotten a "too bad" e-mail from. All unsigned.

I think most of the extra's (if they are firsts) have been spoken for (thanks for the PM'S), but if there are any left I'll let you know.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

I've talking with a collector friend about this.

I don't collect King's book, just about J.K. Rowling, and this is the first time I live a moment when a new book is hard to find (I didn't collect when the first three went out, and the last one was easy to get a copy) - most of the time it was to get a good deal on old 1st editions that appeared on eBay.

But this is my first experience with a new book with a low printing and has been a horrible. I don't sleep well since Saturday and I my colleagues at work say lately I look like a ghost.

Yes, it's fun in a way to navigate to rare websites asking for a 1st edition, but each night is the same - no confirmation and the feeling I will never got one of these (unless I pay +500 usd, which sounds even worse with the Argentina economy).

So, no, it wasn't funny, it was totally frustrating - and, yes, please Rowling, next time, publish it with a high run print!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy Sh!t!, this one sold yesterday on a $4,000 BIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

Currently 5 signed copies on ebay. The lowest one is at $937 and climbing.
    This is nuts.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Inspired

Holy Sh!t!, this one sold yesterday on a $4,000 BIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

Currently 5 signed copies on ebay. The lowest one is at $937 and climbing.
    This is nuts.
    I don't think these insane prices will hold. Whoever bought that for 4,000 probably won't get their money back if they try.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    Does anyone has the address of becca69 and Lurkey? I would place an order for them, I think they would buy it too.

Edit:
    Meanwhile, the publishing house is giving away US 1st on Comic Con:
    https://twitter.com/mulhollandbooks/...64043261116418
    I ordered the last copy Thanks though. Fingers crossed.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Arrrrgh, I didn't read thru the whole thread until after I ordered. Should I cancel?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Arrrrgh, I didn't read thru the whole thread until after I ordered. Should I cancel?
    I sent them a message through the amazon site and asked them to cancel my order if indeed it was not a first printing. But they seem a bit schizo - since they have 4 different priced copies listed on Abe's - yet the description is all the same.

Country
    Country Flag

Just got the official amazon cancellation notice - oh well...

Dear Customer,

We're writing to inform you that your order xxxxxxx from Read All About It Books has been cancelled by the seller. Please rest assured that you have not been charged for this order.

The item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Usually, our Marketplace Sellers maintain accurate inventories, but occasionally the availability of a listed item will change by the time an order is placed.

We require Sellers to keep stock shortages to a minimum. If we see that a Seller has offended repeatedly, we will take action.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any questions regarding the cancellation of this order, please contact Read All About It Books.

Country
    Country Flag

I did the same thing but have not received a notice yet.

Country
    Country Flag

There is no sign of the order any more when I check my uk account.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see on either. Wonder where all the copies went

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got this from BookDepo this morn:

I can confirm that we started to receive stock yesterday and as soon as this was received your order was shipped.
    I can confirm that your order was shipped on 17th July. Please allow 14 working days for delivery.

Wrote back and told if a reprint would return as that wasn't what I ordered.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received notice of a refund for The Cuckoo's Calling that I ordered on the 15th. The book was marked as shipped within an hour of my purchasing it. They just now initiated the refund stating that the "bookseller accepted order in error." So they lied about having it in stock and then they lied about shipping it. I suppose the refund is better than them shipping me the second printing. I have no doubt that they considered doing that.

So out of eight of these that I attempted to purchase, six UK and two US editions, I am now down to one UK edition.

Here's hoping that The Speedy Hen wasn't lying about shipping that copy too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast