Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I do have an extra signed copy of A Casual Vacancy from the NYC signing with flyer and ticket if anyone is interested in a trade for their extra UK signed.

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

I bought a UK edition in AbeBooks from Paperbackshop UK, which are the same as Book2Anywhere. They refund me now because they said they have in stock and now confirmed me they are receiving new stock tomorrow, which won't be first print.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I talked to someone at Oblong and she said the books they have online are on order.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I talked to someone at Oblong and she said the books they have online are on order.
    I suppose I took "Available in our warehouse" to mean it was actually sitting in the warehouse and available.

I sent an email inquiry and am awaiting their reply.

If it isn't a first I am a little bummed because I could have purchased two more UK editions earlier.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

The Cuckoo's Calling has been deleted from Foyles website:

http://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/fictio...-9781408703991

http://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/the-cu...-9780316206846

A part of me tells me "That's good! That means they are out of 1st printings, and you purchased one before they deleted them", but the other part...

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    A part of me tells me "That's good! That means they are out of 1st printings, and you purchased one before they deleted them", but the other part...
    ....makes me paranoid that it might still be a 2nd edition. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    ....makes me paranoid that it might still be a 2nd edition. Right?
    Yes. I am too paranoid, but also I am too negative, so the best thing you can do it is ignore most of my warnings

I mean, the first option is what I already said.

The second option is:

They have X in stock, and received Y orders, with Y > X. Then, they will ship the first X and to Y-X, they will make them wait until they receive the 2nds printings. Meanwhile, they delete the books from their store, to avoid more conflicts.

Country
    Country Flag

They don't actually have their own warehouse. The girl I spoke to said they order from the publisher's warehouse.

So, it's a 2nd printing for sure, right?

Country
    Country Flag

She wasn't sure but the books are all on order from the publisher, so it sounds like that is the case. I'm going to call next week and see if they got any 1sts in. They said their order was placed a few days ago and they never had any in store.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oblong just confirmed the books are backordered.

I canceled.

On the bright side my two UK editions have already shipped. I'm telling ya I should have just bought four UK editions.

Yes, you should have Brian!

I will wait for Foyles, but I think they won't be 1st.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That signed copy on ebay made the news here.

Tried ordering from a semi-local store last night that listed an unsigned US 1/1 in stock, but an email from them today indicates that it is on order. Sounds like that will be a 2nd printing.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

I found what appears to be 3 UK editions in stock in Australia. No shipping options outside of AU.

http://pottspointbookshop.com.au/cat...eyword&commit=

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I found what appears to be 3 UK editions in stock in Australia. No shipping options outside of AU.

I wonder do they still clip the prices off UK dustjackets in Australia.....?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post

I wonder do they still clip the prices off UK dustjackets in Australia.....?
    It says those are paperbacks.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

With 20 hours to go the eBay auction is at $3100!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

19 different bidders and 73 bids! Amazing.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    The unsigned first is $635.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm telling ya I should have just bought four UK editions...
    Yes, you should have Brian!

I will wait for Foyles, but I think they won't be 1st.
    ...Or ten.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

This is absolut amazing...

Those signed editions were sold for 19Pound? This is nice plus ^^

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, so far it looks like I have a US first on the way from an Amazon seller but have been cancelling a lot of orders today. Guess I should just be happy with the one...

Lurker, you should be happy with a one. I would be more than happy if I'd had a 1st US and a 1st UK. The signed and the proof copies can wait

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    That's incredible!
    How high can it go? It's the only signed copy currently listed and the hype is huge, think it will hit $5,000?
    Mark Twain

I found this:

http://biblio.co.uk/books/610987961.html

It says "Bookseller has 222 copies at this price.", which seems weird. 222 seems a random number

Anyway, I think tomorrow or Thursday, a library having stock won't mean anything anymore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast