Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That eBay auction is insane, who on earth is wanting to pay that?! Craziness.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

$1200 is a shockingly high price. Hopefully it sticks.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, $1200 already? Apparently it's good to be the first seller!

I had ordered two copies from Goldsboro, but they emailed today and said
    In the light of recent developments and in order to satisfy loyal and regular customers we are unable to provide you with multiple copies of The Cuckoo's Calling.
    We've immediately refunded you for the difference.
    I don't actually care as long as I get one, but I have ordered from them 3 or 4 times. I guess that's not enough to qualify as a loyal or regular customer?
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mysterious just cancelled my order.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh poo, when did you place your order?

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Just this morning.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Just this morning.
    That is a bummer, I guess their system didn't pull it when inventory was depleted.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I expect mine will be cancelled soon then

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Just got the email as well.

Country
    Country Flag

I just got emails for both my orders that were submitted last night.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Mine was cancelled as well. still have my order from Goldsboro though

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Mine was cancelled as well. still have my order from Goldsboro though
    Show us pics when you get it!

Country
    Country Flag

That'll be in 2-3 weeks.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

In the light of recent developments and in order to satisfy loyal and regular customers we are unable to provide you with multiple copies of The Cuckoo's Calling.
    I don't actually care as long as I get one, but I have ordered from them 3 or 4 times. I guess that's not enough to qualify as a loyal or regular customer?
    They are probably referring to their book club members. Or they decided to limit it to one per customer.

Country
    Country Flag

We're a patient bunch, especially when we aren't getting any.

That'll be in 2-3 weeks.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

As a J.K. Rowling collector since a few years ago, I am really sad of how the events developed.

I couldn't get a signed from Goldsboro, it was already sold out, and I reserverd from Mysterous books yesterday in the morning, also canceled.

So from the four books I want to own (UK and US 1st, US arc and UK signed), I won't get any of them.

A good way to start the week crying

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine was cancelled from Mysterious as well

By the way, if someone bought two signed copies and wants to sell one, please pm or email me to patriciotarantino at gmail

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I talked to Myst. Galx. and they told me they only ordered 3 copies for hundreds of orders. They also said Amazon UK is sold out of 1st printings.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    As a J.K. Rowling collector since a few years ago, I am really sad of how the events developed.

I couldn't get a signed from Goldsboro, it was already sold out, and I reserverd from Mysterous books yesterday in the morning, also canceled.

So from the four books I want to own (UK and US 1st, US arc and UK signed), I won't get any of them.

Chances are that this book has only had one printing so far. Just try to grab the less expensive copies off ebay and I would think you still have decent odds of getting the two 1st/1st editions.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They are probably referring to their book club members. Or they decided to limit it to one per customer.
    I'm ok with that.
    Thanks for the tip. If you hadn't posted, I wouldn't even have one that one on order.

Mysterious cancelled my order as well.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered US and UK from a bunch of different places yesterday so we'll see.
    I talked to the lady at Murder By The Book this afternoon and she said the shipments that will be coming in in August will be second printings.
    Foyle's seems to still have some but who knows if that's correct or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post

Chances are that this book has only had one printing so far. Just try to grab the less expensive copies off ebay and I would think you still have decent odds of getting the two 1st/1st editions.
    The cheapest copies out there aren't yet in stock. They say will ship next week, as major bookstores are saying too, when they receive new stock. I think they will be second print

More info:
    http://pottermore-news.com/2013/07/1...-copy-reprint/

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, all the cheap ones on Ebay and also at most US book stores are going to be 2nd printings. Everywhere I emailed or called said the book would be in stock next week, meaning they are reprints.

Country
    Country Flag

I took a chance and ordered from Foyles. It said it would be dispatched within 2 days. Fingers crossed.

And if anyone gets an extra US copy, I would love one! (as long as it's not $1000 - )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast