Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1605

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He's not a household name because he's too damned good, that's why. Just look at the general popular culture and you'll see that more formulaic the movie/song is, in general, more popular it is. This applies to Gene Wolfe, Matheson, Bradbury, PKD, Ellison and countless others. All literary giants whose movie adaptations a lot of people have seen without even realizing it.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I've posted these in my collection thread, but thought people would enjoy seeing them here, too.

I'd The lettered, numbered, and trade editions of The Listener by Robert McCammon, from Cemetery Dance:

The editions all have very similar dustjackets, but differ in cover material, endpapers, frontispiece and paper quality.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I was expecting something ... well, more, for the lettered considering it's the magical 52-letter alphabet and a $500 price tag.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I was expecting something ... well, more, for the lettered considering it's the magical 52-letter alphabet and a $500 price tag.
    I bought it secondary market and agree that this is not a $500 book. I hope they don't do a similar treatment to Cardinal Black for everyone with interest in that series. Sub Press' productions were quite pretty from traycase to book to endpapers.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    I hope they don't do a similar treatment to Cardinal Black for everyone with interest in that series. Sub Press' productions were quite pretty from traycase to book to endpapers.
    The Listener, Cardinal Black, and Usher's Passing will all be very different from each other.

The Listener, by design, was meant to be "clean" and "simple" to keep the focus on McCammon's terrific writing and story.

Cardinal Black, by design, will be keeping many of the "expected" features of a book in a continuing series -- at least where we're allowed to do so.

Usher's Passing will be its own production, different from the other two books.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I hope they don't do a similar treatment to Cardinal Black for everyone with interest in that series. Sub Press' productions were quite pretty from traycase to book to endpapers.
    The Listener, Cardinal Black, and Usher's Passing will all be very different from each other.

The Listener, by design, was meant to be "clean" and "simple" to keep the focus on McCammon's terrific writing and story.

Cardinal Black, by design, will be keeping many of the "expected" features of a book in a continuing series -- at least where we're allowed to do so.

Brian
    Oooh awesome to hear. Thank you for the response!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    Thanks for replying, Brian. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what CD will do with these two future editions.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will McCammon be signing copies of "Cardinal Black" at the Alabama Booksmith? I didn't see anything yet on their list of upcoming events.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Will McCammon be signing copies of "Cardinal Black" at the Alabama Booksmith? I didn't see anything yet on their list of upcoming events.
    Yes he will. I'm waiting for that to be available as well, but it'll be closer to publication date.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As Matt said, there are plans for a signing at Alabama Booksmith. The publication date for the book appears to be January 29, 2019 (I don't think CD has announced that yet, but that's what Amazon shows), so I expect the signing to happen around then. I think this time that it may be on a Saturday---I suggested it, and it looks likely---and I hope that it includes a reading and/or Q&A, as well. I'll post here whenever the date is formally nailed down.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    The publication date for the book appears to be January 29, 2019 (I don't think CD has announced that yet, but that's what Amazon shows)
    Not formally announced, we're still checking a few things off the production checklist to be absolutely sure, but it looks pretty locked in as of right now!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The cover of Cardinal Black looks fantastic. Sort of breaking with the series covers, but I like it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I need to be in Alabama for work this winter so am going to try hard to make the timing work. Will be my second trip there for a signing. First time i had a bag full of items and Rick graciously inscribed everything. This time will have a smaller haul! Was super to meet him in person.

The final page count for CARDINAL BLACK is 464 pages, just in case anyone was curious.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Robert McCammon was a co-presenter (with Ali Wentworth) on the grand finale of PBS's The Great American Read last night. You can see screenshots and a clip from the show on the McCammon site, as well as a link to the whole episode on the PBS site. If you're not familiar with the show, it was a summer-long voting process to find America's "favorite book." Swan Song was on the list of 100 novels, and it came it at #94.

Robert McCammon on the grand finale of PBS’s The Great American Read

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

RobertMcCammon.com has a new update from Robert McCammon with news about upcoming projects:

Robert McCammon: On the Eve of Halloween, or "Awesome"

Hunter

Thanks, Hunter. That was a fun read. I'm tempted to try the Palamino now. Does Mr McCammon have a preference for the whiskey he uses?

Also, I know it's unfair to talk about book 8 while Cardinal Black is yet to be released, but so cool that he has a title and a start on it!

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Thanks, Hunter. That was a fun read. I'm tempted to try the Palamino now. Does Mr McCammon have a preference for the whiskey he uses?
    That's a good question. I'll try to find out!

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Here you go, HBJ. I asked him, and he said:

"About the whiskey...I asked for Jim Beam Black in the Palomino that I ordered at the bar, because the JBB is not as sharp or as "hot" as some of the others. The heat of the whiskey will definitely affect the taste of the drink, so you might want to experiment to find your own suitable taste. The Palomino is a good drink to try different whiskies with."

Hunter

What can I say, but ... "awesome"!

Thanks, Hunter.

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

What can I say, but ... "awesome"!

Thanks, Hunter.
    You're welcome!

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    RobertMcCammon.com has a new update from Robert McCammon with news about upcoming projects:

Robert McCammon: On the Eve of Halloween, or "Awesome"

Hunter
    This was a great post, he always seems genuine and just a good dude.
    It's crazy to think Swan Song with its evil looking devil cover and flayed flesh would be a top 100 book. Very cool!
    So I guess he not working on anything non-Corbett at the moment?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    So I guess he not working on anything non-Corbett at the moment?
    No. His current plan is to finish the Matthew Corbett books without interruption (as he said, there are only two left). He wants to be sure he gets Matthew's story finished!

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so glad to see Swan Song make the list and it was classy of Rick to make the trip to attend in person. It is a great epic novel that carries the themes if all his best works. I too always enjoy his updates to his readership - like letters from a distant friend.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone is interested The Listener Lettered on Ebay for $320 or best offer. Seems like a great price!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Listene...db69%7Ciid%3A1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast