Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty late to the McCammon party as well, and have loved everything that I've read so far.

I've had my eyes on the SL Sub Press edition of the two Wolf books but just can't pull the trigger. The seller has even lowered their price recently too. Sooooo tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I arrived pretty late to the party regarding Robert McCammon. Several of his books were published in Spanish decades ago and I saw them a hundred times but never decided to jump in. I finally did last year and it was one of the most pleasant surprises I had in the genre. I started buying the books that were available in Spanish (got them all already) and since some of the S/L had a great price I bit and bought some. I'm still missing a lot of his S/L (I'm currently searching for a copy of The Wolf's Hour S/L at a reasonable price) but it has been refreshing to finally discover this author. The only thing I'd like is that his S/L editions would have more illustrations.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two recent arrivals.

This is a hardcover book club edition of a Spanish translation of MINE. I had a paperback edition, but didn't know about the HC BCE until I stumbled over it.

Also, GraphicAudio has released their adaptation of Last Train from Perdition, and they've combined that with I Travel by Night for a CD release containing both parts.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Cool, I didn't know they were doing those on graphic audio.
    Is there regular audio books too? I think Wolf's hour was released on graphic audio first and the audiobook came like a year later.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Cool, I didn't know they were doing those on graphic audio.
    Is there regular audio books too? I think Wolf's hour was released on graphic audio first and the audiobook came like a year later.
    You are correct about The Wolf's Hour, but no, there are no regular audiobook versions of the Trevor Lawson novellas (yet?).

Hunter

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Long shot here, but I am trying to track down #247 of The Last Train From Perdition. Any luck here?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there any word on when "The Listener" is going to be released?

Country
    Country Flag

Not yet. I expect an announcement within the next month or so.

Hunter

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wo wo wo...I'm missing something. What's that?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

The Listener is the book Rick finished before Thanksgiving. Here's a bit about the novel from this June 2016 interview:

[...] Right now I’m finishing up a book called The Listener, set in the 1930s, about the kidnapping of two children in New Orleans.

Q: Is The Listener a supernatural novel?

A: Well, let’s say it has ‘strange’ elements. Not necessarily supernatural, but there’s a bizarre hook to the story. I also think I may have created one of the most hideous and cunning women villains ever…she’s the one who comes up with the kidnapping plot. Then my ‘hero’ is a young black man who’s a redcap at the train station in New Orleans. He’s basically the only one who can get the two children to safety, and it’s going to be a long hard road for him.
    Hunter

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! THANKS!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I did not know this was coming!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Would someone have an idea of what the Dark Harvest S/L of Swan Song might be worth these days?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last one I saw sold was $200.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently I got all of my Matthew Corbett series books remarqued by Vincent Chong. I think he's an amazing artist and I could not be any more happier the way it turned out.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, those are awesome. A big congrats!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is really something - beautiful remarques.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic remarques!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome remarques!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Recently arrived: the Czech hardcover edition of Robert McCammon's The Border.

Hunter

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As we talked about it, I'd love to see his last books translated to Spanish!

Very nice! Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press put up a pre-order page for Swan Song.

http://subterraneanpress.com/mccammon-swan-song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Subterranean Press put up a pre-order page for Swan Song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love sub press and this book but 8 illustrations!? For a 1200 page book? Man what a bummer. The cover is neat though.

Country
    Country Flag

For completeness, here's the cover art by David Ho. Additional images can be found on the Subterranean Press order page.

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Considering that this is the "Big One" that everybody has been waiting years for Subpress to do, I'm surprised by 2 things: That they're only doing 500 ("regular" limited editions), and, that they kept the price a reasonably sane $150 (Unlike that Summer of Night hard pill last year). I do appreciate that.

(I also appreciate Kim at Camelot books, who rescued me again: just when I was lamenting that it would prob sell out before I could come up with the scratch to get one- she emails that since I purchased BOY'S LIFE through them, would she like them to reserve a SWAN SONG for me with the same number? Payment- as always- not due until the book arrives?. Love her)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast