Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    Am listening to the audiobook of Gone South and have to say is a superb reading - especially the bantering between Pelvis and Flint. The scene where they are treking through the Bayou and Pelvis lost his hair had me laughing aloiud. I had forgotten how great this story is- a real hidden gem! Recommend both the re-read and the audiobook.
    Cool, good to know. I have never read or listened to this one. I just got The Border to listen to. I didn't know it was so science fiction-y.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pocket Books has released Swan Song in the stupid premium mass-market edition.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Pocket Books has released Swan Song in the stupid premium mass-market edition.
    It's the trim size no one ever asked for and no one ever likes!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    It's the trim size no one ever asked for and no one ever likes!
    Exactly! Done just so the publishers could justify pricing paperbacks at $9.99.

Hunter

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I am slowly building my McCammon Collection and just added a good chunk of books. I got these 6 for $30 on eBay. Speaks the Nightbird and Gone South are definite reading copies, but I expected that and I actually own copies of these two already. Usher's Passing, Mine, and Boy's Life are in pretty good condition. The jacket on Mystery Walk is rough but the book itself is good. And a bonus, Mine, Boy's Life and Mystery Walk are signed. I have to find a better jacket for Mystery Walk and I will have ended up with an even better deal.

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Nice score! Boy's Life is just one of my favorite all-time books. I haven't read any of the Matthew Corbett books, but people seem to really love them. I should probably get cracking.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

bugensbooks.com

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I am slowly building my McCammon Collection and just added a good chunk of books. I got these 6 for $30 on eBay. Speaks the Nightbird and Gone South are definite reading copies, but I expected that and I actually own copies of these two already. Usher's Passing, Mine, and Boy's Life are in pretty good condition. The jacket on Mystery Walk is rough but the book itself is good. And a bonus, Mine, Boy's Life and Mystery Walk are signed. I have to find a better jacket for Mystery Walk and I will have ended up with an even better deal.

Alabama Booksmith is a nice source of signed McCammon books. They are great to deal with.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

What pre-Swan Song book would guys recommend I read next? I haven't read any of them.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

His first three books -- Baal, Bethany's Sin, and The Night Boat -- are all okay, though representative of a beginning writer learning his craft...of those, The Night Boat is probably my favorite. They Thirst, however, signaled a turning point, and is a terrific novel, and is the one I would recommend reading next...it's the best of the bunch. Mystery Walk and Usher's Passing, which both followed Night Thirst, are quite good, but I still prefer They Thirst of all his pre-Swan Song books. After They Thirst, I'd suggest Usher's Passing.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    His first three books -- Baal, Bethany's Sin, and The Night Boat -- are all okay, though representative of a beginning writer learning his craft...of those, The Night Boat is probably my favorite. They Thirst, however, signaled a turning point, and is a terrific novel, and is the one I would recommend reading next...it's the best of the bunch. Mystery Walk and Usher's Passing, which both followed Night Thirst, are quite good, but I still prefer They Thirst of all his pre-Swan Song books. After They Thirst, I'd suggest Usher's Passing.
    Good post.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody received a lettered Boy's Life yet? If so, post some photos!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

The lettered editions haven't shipped yet.

Hunter

Hunter, do you know if they will be releasing any more physical copies of the audio books? I don't want to buy digital ones if they'll be putting out cds/mp3s soon.

Thanks Hunter and thanks for the suggestion RC.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Hunter, do you know if they will be releasing any more physical copies of the audio books? I don't want to buy digital ones if they'll be putting out cds/mp3s soon.
    Unfortunately, I don't know. Despite having good contacts with Audible, I don't have any contacts (yet?) with the Brilliance people, so their releases have always been surprises for me.

I do have a new contact there, though, so I'll reach out and see if I can find out anything.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Looks like my S/L copy of BOY'S LIFE is arriving tomorrow...thrilled to add this one -- surely one of my Top Ten books -- to my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't know. Despite having good contacts with Audible, I don't have any contacts (yet?) with the Brilliance people, so their releases have always been surprises for me.

I do have a new contact there, though, so I'll reach out and see if I can find out anything.

Hunter
    Cool thanks man.

I loved the ending of The Border. Great book!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Camelot Books has limited and lettered copies of River City Publishing's edition of Speaks the Nightbird available.

http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail...-the-nighbirrd
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Camelot Books has limited and lettered copies of River City Publishing's edition of Speaks the Nightbird available.

http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail...-the-nighbirrd
    This is really sort of a big deal, IMO. I've never known of a lettered state before. Hope I got my order submitted in time to get one.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I got one in my cart but was gone by the time I hit check out! Both now showing sold out

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    I got one in my cart but was gone by the time I hit check out! Both now showing sold out
    My e-mail from Camelot announcing the books was time stamped at 3:14 and by 3:50 or so all states were sold out.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Got my confirmation for a lettered. Hope the damage they talked about isn't too bad.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I asked if they had copy 91 and they were sold out before I got the reply that they did in fact have that number. If anyone here gets that number, will you please consider trading copies with me? I already have a Limited Numbered copy and it is in brand new condition straight from the publisher. I have all the Sub Press Corbett novels numbered 91 except for Mr. Slaughter. I really, really would like a chance at having the whole set completed (I know Speaks the Nightbird is from a different publisher but still....the collector in me needs that book!) So please, please, please keep me in mind if you happen to get that number.

OR if anyone here has a numbered copy on order maybe they would let you request that number and then you could maybe please swap with me?? I'll be forever grateful!

I got really lucky. I have letter "C" for all of the Corbett books done by Sub Press. When I got confirmation of a lettered from Camelot I asked if, by chance, letter "C" was available and it was. Seems too good to be true.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I got really lucky. I have letter "C" for all of the Corbett books done by Sub Press. When I got confirmation of a lettered from Camelot I asked if, by chance, letter "C" was available and it was. Seems too good to be true.
    Wow, that does seem too good to be true. Congrats on the lucky grab! And at a great price.

Hopefully #91 comes together for Tommy, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Tommy.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast