Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my shipping notice yesterday. Can't wait to read!

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

i missed the limited of boy's life. anyone know if it's possible to get it on other retailers? thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it's sold out across the board, but the book hasn't been published yet. . . once it's released, I'm sure you'll be able to find copies on the secondhand market: eBay, Bookfinder, etc. etc. Good luck!
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Italian publisher Independent Legions Publishing is releasing an Italian translation of I Travel by Night. The ebook will be available on July 15 and is pre-orderable now on Amazon IT. A print edition is due "by the end of July 2016."

RobertMcCammon.com: Io Viaggio di Notte ebook is available for pre-ordering now

The cover art is by Giampaolo Frizzi.

Hunter

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any inside word on when Boy's Life is gonna be done?

Every email I get from Subterranean Press makes my heart jump, but alas...

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Anyone have any inside word on when Boy's Life is gonna be done?

Every email I get from Subterranean Press makes my heart jump, but alas...
    I don't, but it is listed on their site as being "at the printer," FWIW.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Just received a signed trade of FREEDOM OF THE MASK...yet another reminder that I need to start reading this series. I think -- no, I know -- this is the only series of books that I automatically buy even though I've no plans in the near future of reading it...not because I don't want to, but I never started the series and so have a lot of material to catch up on before I start this one. Yet I know I love McCammon's work enough that I know someday I will the series, and until then (and after) I want these books to be part of my permanent collection.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Just received a signed trade of FREEDOM OF THE MASK...yet another reminder that I need to start reading this series. I think -- no, I know -- this is the only series of books that I automatically buy even though I've no plans in the near future of reading it...not because I don't want to, but I never started the series and so have a lot of material to catch up on before I start this one. Yet I know I love McCammon's work enough that I know someday I will the series, and until then (and after) I want these books to be part of my permanent collection.
    I found the first book in this series a little slow going (although still good) but things pick up and it becomes addictive. The great thing about coming to the series late is that you have several books to read without having to wait between each book for the next one.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I found the first book in this series a little slow going (although still good) but things pick up and it becomes addictive. The great thing about coming to the series late is that you have several books to read without having to wait between each book for the next one.
    I can't disagree with you on the first book being a little slow going at times. But still, after rereading all of the books at least twice, I find that it is still my favorite. Maybe it seems slow going because it is a more cerebral bit of problem solving rather than an adventure novel per se? While the later books have more action and danger interspersed with the problem solving?

Spoiler:
    Also (just my opinion here) one can safely read Speaks The Nightbird as a stand alone novel because there is no cliff-hanger ending like we have become used to in the later books.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Yep, much like coming late to Breaking Bad last month and binge-watching the entire series, I look forward to the day I can binge-read the McCammon series.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Thanks, mikeC. I was informed that there will be a Blue World: The Complete Collection CD, it just doesn't have an Amazon listing yet. I expect it'll show up in the next day or so. It will be cheaper than buying all of the individual CDs. Just as there are separate Audible listings for the stories, they're making the separate CDs available for anyone who only wants a story or two.
    The complete Blue World collection still isn't listed yet, but the list price on most of the individual story CDs has dropped from $9.99 to $6.99 each.

Hunter
    Amazon listed the complete collection for $11(!) with a release of July 5th.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Spoiler:
    Also (just my opinion here) one can safely read Speaks The Nightbird as a stand alone novel because there is no cliff-hanger ending like we have become used to in the later books.
    Spoiler:
    That's because when it was written, it wasn't intended to be the first book in a series.

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Amazon listed the complete collection for $11(!) with a release of July 5th.
    I forgot to come back here and post about that. The prices on the individual stories also dropped to $6.99.

Here is the post I made earlier this month about the releases, with links to all of them:

http://www.robertmccammon.com/2016/0...n-july-5-2016/

Hunter

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...I look forward to the day I can binge-read the McCammon series.
    Amen to that!

Country
    Country Flag

Just arrived: the lettered edition of Freedom of the Mask.

Hunter

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

Is that a proof of Boys Life on the shelf?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Is that a proof of Boys Life on the shelf?
    Good eye! It's been in other photos I've posted on Facebook, but you're the first to notice it.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice book. Almost makes me wish I was collecting the lettereds of the series!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"I Travel by Night" sounds much cooler in Italian as "Io Viaggio di Notte." Like that Italian edition.

Country
    Country Flag

In Bill's Subterranean Press email this morning, he said they've started shipping the limited edition of Boy's Life.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

In Bill's Subterranean Press email this morning, he said they've started shipping the limited edition of Boy's Life.

Hunter
    Looking forward to this...my first McCammon!
    (So many authors, so little time!)

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my copy of Boy's Life from Subterranean Press today. It's a very nice book and was worth the wait. Has anybody received a lettered that they can post a picture of? I'm curious if the traycase will be done in the same light purple as the slipcase.

Country
    Country Flag

The lettereds haven't shipped yet.

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    i missed the limited of boy's life. anyone know if it's possible to get it on other retailers? thanks.
    From Subterranean Press:

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/tw..._now_available

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Am listening to the audiobook of Gone South and have to say is a superb reading - especially the bantering between Pelvis and Flint. The scene where they are treking through the Bayou and Pelvis lost his hair had me laughing aloiud. I had forgotten how great this story is- a real hidden gem! Recommend both the re-read and the audiobook.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast