Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

According to amazon, they will be releasing Blue World stories individually on cd around $10 a piece in July, which is just nonsense. I know they are also on itunes individually hopefully they release a full set at some point.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Thanks. I hadn't heard about this. Once before, they announced some CD release that never happened. I can't remember now what it was. I'll see what I can find out.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, mikeC. I was informed that there will be a Blue World: The Complete Collection CD, it just doesn't have an Amazon listing yet. I expect it'll show up in the next day or so. It will be cheaper than buying all of the individual CDs. Just as there are separate Audible listings for the stories, they're making the separate CDs available for anyone who only wants a story or two.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Thanks, mikeC. I was informed that there will be a Blue World: The Complete Collection CD, it just doesn't have an Amazon listing yet. I expect it'll show up in the next day or so. It will be cheaper than buying all of the individual CDs. Just as there are separate Audible listings for the stories, they're making the separate CDs available for anyone who only wants a story or two.
    Hunter
    Thanks Hunter, that's awesome news!
    The amazon listing did remind me how much I love the Red House story though, gonna re-read that one.
    Thanks again

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

McCammon is doing a signing on June 1 at the Alabama Booksmith.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody have a slipcase that fits a UK 1st edition of Baal from Chivers Press? Just curious if there's one that's commercially available and/or if somebody has a spare Thanks for any help.

Swan song audiobook is $6. The narrator is great.

https://www.audiobookstand.com/Autho...-1-4558-8449-0

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed that the sub press Boy's Life is officially sold out. I think that was relatively fast. Now they just need to make it and send it to me!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I just noticed that the sub press Boy's Life is officially sold out. I think that was relatively fast. Now they just need to make it and send it to me!
    Yes, the lettered was sold out practically instantly and the limited last week. Which was totally unexpected as there were roughly 100 copies left last time I checked and they hadn't really moved too fast the last couple of weeks. Then, all of a sudden, sold out.
    Like you, really looking forwards to it.

sk

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Yes, the lettered was sold out practically instantly and the limited last week. Which was totally unexpected as there were roughly 100 copies left last time I checked and they hadn't really moved too fast the last couple of weeks. Then, all of a sudden, sold out.

sk
    Haha, it's good to know that I'm not the only one that does that. You're right, the last time I looked there were over a hundred copies left. When I saw they were sold out I thought it was strange and just figured I hadn't checked in a while. But maybe they had overestimated their stock or something and then corrected it? Or maybe somebody with deep pockets decided to buy like 80 copies of their favorite book?

And the lettered sold out waaaay too fast! I still can't believe I missed it. Damnit!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the lettered sold out waaaay too fast! I still can't believe I missed it. Damnit!
    I missed it as well.
    I contacted SubPress right away and fortunately, it was still possible to order a copy.

sk

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Does anybody have a slipcase that fits a UK 1st edition of Baal from Chivers Press? Just curious if there's one that's commercially available and/or if somebody has a spare Thanks for any help.
    My copy came with one, but I believe it's a custom job (i.e. not "commercially available")...however, it suggests that perhaps there are more out there to be had.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

sk
    I believe they sent out an email saying something along the lines of, "We have a distribute that will be buying the rest of our copies, so this is the last chance to buy from us." That may be incorrect, but it is also a good explanation of the sudden "sold out" status.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed it as well.
    I contacted SubPress right away and fortunately, it was still possible to order a copy.

sk
    Emailing them never occurred to me at the time. Sucks to find that out now. Fuck.

Country
    Country Flag

So sorry to spoil your day....
    (But keep this in mind for an eventual next time...)

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    The complete Blue World collection still isn't listed yet, but the list price on most of the individual story CDs has dropped from $9.99 to $6.99 each.

Hunter

Thanks Hunter. I bit and bought Red House the other day. Great narrator. Love that story.
    Was the last MCorbett book a cliff hanger bc of how long the new one is? My wife was none to happy about that cliff hanger, haha.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Selling a couple of McCammon books if anyone is interested. Prices are for Paypal Friends & Family. PM me if interested.

1) 100$ Subterranean Press The Border S/L fine/fine/fine
    2) 30$ Kinnell UK 1st/1st Bethany's Sin flatsigned fine/fine with minor shelf wear and a little discoloration to top corner edge of page block.
    3) 40$ Kinnell UK 1st/1st The Night Boat flatsigned fine/fine with minor shelf wear and a speckle of foxing to the top edge of page block.
    4) 50$ Kinnell UK 1st/1st They Thirst flatsigned fine/fine with minor shelf wear and a small spot to the left of the signature.

To see photos of the Kinnell books and the things I have mentioned about each of them, please follow this link to my McCammon Photobucket album: http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/fi...?sort=3&page=1
    Last edited by firemonkey66; 09-20-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

As I've said before, every now and then something pops up that I never knew about. Here's the latest example, which is in my collection now. It's the size of a MMPB and is the first chapter of MINE.

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone ever been to a signing at the Alabama Booksmith? I have a couple older books to be signed and just wondered how accommodating they and McCammon are. Do they get much of a crowd? After my recent King experiences just thought I would ask.

Country
    Country Flag

McCammon will sign anything you bring. The Alabama Booksmith is happy for people to bring other books to get signed, too.

For the past few signings, there hasn't been much of a crowd. Thirty people or so, I think.

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Freedom of the Mask was officially released Tuesday. It's available in trade hardcover, audiobook, and ebook editions.

Rick McCammon signed books at the Alabama Booksmith yesterday afternoon. Earlier that day, he was interviewed by Alabama Public Television host Don Noble. The 27-minute video interview can be seen on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKZ2u0_5dYQ

Some photos from the signing can be found here:

http://www.robertmccammon.com/signin...h-june-1-2016/

Another new interview was posted a few days ago by Alabama NewsCenter:

http://www.robertmccammon.com/2016/0...bert-mccammon/

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

McCammon signed my copies of "Swan Song", "Usher's Passing" and "Mine." Also got a signed copy of the new book. A banner day for my McCammon collection. In the interview, he said the Matthew Corbett series will end with the ninth book and McCammon suggested he would like to take Corbett to Russia before it is done.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I had gone to the signing in Birmingham like last year. I got 9 books plus a poster inscribed. Was a real thrill to meet someone I have admired for so long and he is so generous with readers. Total class act.
    Last edited by Phalucha; 06-15-2016 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Mistake

Country
    Country Flag

Now shipping from Subterranean (mine arrived earlier today):

Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast