Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I realized I don't have the signed trade of Mister Slaughter. Anyone have one at a reasonable price?

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I realized I don't have the signed trade of Mister Slaughter. Anyone have one at a reasonable price?
    There wasn't a signed trade edition of Mister Slaughter offered by Subterranean Press. They didn't start doing those until The Five was published the following year.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    There wasn't a signed trade edition of Mister Slaughter offered by Subterranean Press. They didn't start doing those until The Five was published the following year.

Hunter
    Ok, thanks

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Dan - I ordered my copy from Alabama Booksmith. They say it's a first edition and it was cover price. I ordered all my Corbett books from them last week.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Dan - I ordered my copy from Alabama Booksmith. They say it's a first edition and it was cover price. I ordered all my Corbett books from them last week.
    Thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

My shipment arrived today, and my copy of Mister Slaughter is marked First Edition. Arrived in immaculate condition. Very pleased with their service.

Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

My shipment arrived today, and my copy of Mister Slaughter is marked First Edition. Arrived in immaculate condition. Very pleased with their service.

Thanks!
    Same here!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Thanks all. I took it with me... Can't go wrong
    Great book guys ! Thanks for the recommendation!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting it tonight!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm starting it tonight!

Sweet! can I borrow it when you're done?

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let us know how it is, Bob. I can't wait to read this.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

subpress have announced 25th anniversary of Boys Life: http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...tail/boys_life

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Have a look at a certain publisher's front page.

EDIT: Damn, too slow, and too cryptic!

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

lol!

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$600 for the lettered...

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...so of course I ordered. I hope they limit this one to 26 copies for real! I remember when i started collecting McCammon letereds they were like $200.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Crap. I went to the gym this morning and just got back to see this book up for sale and the lettereds are already gone. I'm bummed out.

I had no idea this was even coming.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

FUUUUCK! You have got to be kidding me! I don't buy lettereds of many books, but this was going to be fucking one of them! Shit shit shit!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Too late as well for the lettered. Maybe a good thing, as I ordered too many books already.
    The limited will have to do.

sk

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm confused why they do trade, limited, lettered on some of these, and then no trade for the others. I have a pretty strict nothing-above-$100 rule. So why doesn't this one have a trade?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Probably because there already is a trade edition. The Five, The Border and the last few Matthew Corbett novels were all first editions of the book as far as I know. SP did a trade for those because there wasn't a previous trade edition.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Probably because there already is a trade edition. The Five, The Border and the last few Matthew Corbett novels were all first editions of the book as far as I know. SP did a trade for those because there wasn't a previous trade edition.
    I think your reasoning is sound. Still, with the new illustrations an affordable trade edition would probably have sold well. I wonder if there are contractual issues that we don't know about, previous rights, etc.?

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I think your reasoning is sound. Still, with the new illustrations an affordable trade edition would probably have sold well. I wonder if there are contractual issues that we don't know about, previous rights, etc.?
    WeDealInLead is correct, Subterranean doesn't normally do trade editions of books that aren't original publications. On top of that, Bob is correct that any trade edition would have to be done with the cooperation of Simon & Schuster, who probably wouldn't have allowed them to do one, even if they'd wanted to. As it is, this limited edition is being done by arrangement with S&S.

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Well if anyone comes across a deal that puts it under $100, please post it!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished reading my first McCammon book today: Speaks the Nightbird
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624