Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Shipping this month if you ordered your copy of The Border from CD.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

bugensbooks.com

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Shipping this month if you ordered your copy of The Border from CD.
    Thanks bugen!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my shipping notice for the S/L Border from Cemetery Dance today. Nice.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Received my shipping notice for the S/L Border from Cemetery Dance today. Nice.
    Just got mine as well.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my shipping notice for the Subterranean Press S/L Stinger by Robert McCammon that I preordered months ago. When I looked at the e-mail flyer that I got with the shipping notice, I saw there were a couple of lettered editions available. I bought one of them since that was the edition I had wanted when I originally did the preorder (but was sold out at the time), but there is still one left, if anybody is interested. Stinger was the first McCammon book I read when I was a little kid, so I've got a soft spot for it.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    I have the lettered on pre-order as well.
    McCammon never disappoints!

sk

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my shipping notice for the Subterranean Press S/L Stinger by Robert McCammon that I preordered months ago. When I looked at the e-mail flyer that I got with the shipping notice, I saw there were a couple of lettered editions available. I bought one of them since that was the edition I had wanted when I originally did the preorder (but was sold out at the time), but there is still one left, if anybody is interested. Stinger was the first McCammon book I read when I was a little kid, so I've got a soft spot for it.
    I ordered a lettered edition of Stinger today. A little surprised it was still available.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I ordered a lettered edition of Stinger today. A little surprised it was still available.
    I know, right? I had just been planning on buying it on ebay whenever someone listed one, but I'm always happy to get it through the publisher if I can. I actually received my numbered S/L Stinger yesterday and I'm pretty pleased with it. But now I'm really looking forward to the lettered edition. If anybody gets a shipping notice for their lettered or knows when they are generally expected to go out, please post it here!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Www.vjbooks.com is having a halloween special on a bunch of titles including several McCammon S/L's from Subterranean. They are all %40 off. Hope this helps anyone who was looking for them!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I got my shipping notice for my lettered Stinger, unless I bought something that I don't remember. Anybody else get one?

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, it's the lettered Stinger!

Hunter

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Yep, it's the lettered Stinger!

Hunter
    Ahhh, nice. That looks really sharp; i can't wait!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love it!
    And got one coming as well...

sk

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats guys! Looks like a real beauty.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Dig that case! Congrats

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, congrats, LOVE that case!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my lettered Stinger today. The traycase and the black leather binding are awesome!

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't use a flash when I took my photos and didn't realize just how black the traycase appears to be in them. As you can see above, it's blue, not black.

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just bought signed copies of four of the Corbett novels from the bookstore in Alabama that carries his books. All were retail price but they have Queen of Bedlam listed for $269. Any clue why that one is ten times more than the others?

Country
    Country Flag

I just bought signed copies of four of the Corbett novels from the bookstore in Alabama that carries his books. All were retail price but they have Queen of Bedlam listed for $269. Any clue why that one is ten times more than the others?
    There was a limited number of hardcovers published by Pocket. Note that it was not a limited edition in the normal collector's sense, but only a few hundred? thousand? copies were printed. Then Pocket remaindered the books after they'd only been for sale for about a month. That meant that there are not that many hardcover copies of The Queen of Bedlam out there, and prices for the existing copies went up. Unsigned copies were very rare on eBay before Subterranean Press published their limited edition. They tend to show up now for considerably less than the $200+ they used to command.

The hardcover edition is crap. It is quite possibly the most cheaply-produced hardcover that I own. The paper was really low-quality---it's shocking how light the 700-page book is---and the dust jacket looks like a bad photocopy of the trade paperback cover. Just a terrible production and not worth even the list price Pocket originally charged for it.

Even thought it's not a first edition, I would urge you to pick up the Subterranean limited instead. Camelot Books has copies for $175, which is still expensive (the original list price was $125, but it's sold out from Subterranean), but a much nicer edition.

The Queen of Bedlam at Camelot Books

Hunter

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm leaving to a cruise tomorrow and was thinking to take "Boy's Life" with me. It's going to be my first McCammon book...

Good read ?

Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I'm leaving to a cruise tomorrow and was thinking to take "Boy's Life" with me. It's going to be my first McCammon book...

Good read ?
    One of the best, IMO. Coincidentally, I just posted a link to this review on the Robert McCammon FB page. From the closing paragraph of the review:

BOY’S LIFE is a special novel. It is beyond excellent. Beyond a classic. In my opinion, BOY’S LIFE is one of the best novels ever.
    No spoilers.

Elitist Book Reviews: Boy's Life

Hunter

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Good read ?

Thanks
    Probably one of the best books mccammon ever wrote. It's like a book of short stories that interweaves into a whole novel. It's very well done. It kind of has that 'power of lost youth' feel of IT, but without Pennywise. A great read.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    There was a limited number of hardcovers published by Pocket. Note that it was not a limited edition in the normal collector's sense, but only a few hundred? thousand? copies were printed. Then Pocket remaindered the books after they'd only been for sale for about a month. That meant that there are not that many hardcover copies of The Queen of Bedlam out there, and prices for the existing copies went up. Unsigned copies were very rare on eBay before Subterranean Press published their limited edition. They tend to show up now for considerably less than the $200+ they used to command.

The hardcover edition is crap. It is quite possibly the most cheaply-produced hardcover that I own. The paper was really low-quality---it's shocking how light the 700-page book is---and the dust jacket looks like a bad photocopy of the trade paperback cover. Just a terrible production and not worth even the list price Pocket originally charged for it.

Even thought it's not a first edition, I would urge you to pick up the Subterranean limited instead. Camelot Books has copies for $175, which is still expensive (the original list price was $125, but it's sold out from Subterranean), but a much nicer edition.

The Queen of Bedlam at Camelot Books

Hunter
    Thanks much! Great to know.

Country
    Country Flag

Good read ?

Thanks
    I've been working my way through a number of his books and would say that for King fans they might like "Swan Song" and "They Thirst" if you prefer horror. "Stinger" for sci if. And "Mine" or "The Five" for the less supernaturally inclined. I've really enjoyed them all though. The great thing about discovering McCammon so late is that there is an entire body of work to catch up on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast