Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just bought my dad a flatsigned copy of Swan Song from Robert McCammons website. It's a paperback, but better than nothing. It was a father's day present, because i remember when i was younger, he pulled a copy of the book from the bookshelf and told me how much he enjoyed it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice move, Shannon!

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watch out Shannon. Once you buy one book you can't stop. Next thing you know, you'll be collecting again.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Just bought my dad a flatsigned copy of Swan Song from Robert McCammons website. It's a paperback, but better than nothing. It was a father's day present, because i remember when i was younger, he pulled a copy of the book from the bookshelf and told me how much he enjoyed it.
    You are THE Son! Really nice idea and nice story behind! So should let him know, probably he forgot ^^

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Getting my "autograph book" (CD's Dark Dreamers) signed by McCammon at World Horror (photo by Hunter Goatley)

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some of my recent finds.

Top L->R: The Hungarian edition of Shadow Show (the Bradbury tribue), the UK book The Giant Book of Best New Horror, US paperback of Bad Seeds.
    Middle L->R: Hollywood Ghosts, Japanese paperback edition of Boy's Life, Japanese paperback of Swan Song
    Bottom L->R: Japanese paperback of Mystery Walk, a different Japanese paperback of Mystery Walk

Top L->R: Italian TPB of The Book of the Dead, the previously-posted Italian book club hardcover of Baal, a French werewolf anthology
    Bottom L->R: Italian TPB of Hot Blood, French paperback of Boy's Life

Two really nifty bits: this copy of Hollywood Ghosts belonged to Karl Edward Wagner; it was his contributor copy. And the copy of Erotic Horror belonged to Robert Bloch; it was his contributor copy, and it has his name stamped on the inside. Both books also include their contributor cover letters.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great finds, Hunter.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am almost finished with the ARC for "The Night Boat".

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone was interested, the publisher still has copies of the S/L of Speaks the Nightbird for sale. Just click the drop down button.

http://rivercitypublishing.com/speaks-the-nightbird/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone with deeper pockets than me can take advantage of this. It would be nice if the publisher had some info on the S/L though. How is this book different then the trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    In case anyone was interested, the publisher still has copies of the S/L of Speaks the Nightbird for sale. Just click the drop down button.

http://rivercitypublishing.com/speaks-the-nightbird/

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone with deeper pockets than me can take advantage of this. It would be nice if the publisher had some info on the S/L though. How is this book different then the trade?
    Lack of information on their website is the least of River City's issues.... ;-)

You can find photos of the limited on the McCammon website here.

A warning: it's a nice book, but the publisher had never done a limited before, and it shows in the final product. The artwork that's included peters out partway through because they only commissioned a certain number of them. The bigger problem is that the book is big, and the binding didn't always support the book. There were several reports from buyers that their books came with the book separating from the binding. So it's a pretty book, but it's also pretty delicate.

Because they'd never done a limited before, they knew nothing about a numbered limitation. I'm not entirely sure how many limited editions they published, but the books are simply numbered with a number and no limitation (e.g, "No. 38", with no indication of how many there were). I believe 500 were printed, but I don't know for sure.

Hunter

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It says there were 500 on this image on McCammon's site.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, 500 was the official number. At the time, they were talking about 1000 or more, and I honestly have no idea how many they actually did. I'm not sure they know.

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

That's interesting. I wonder how that happens.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the reply and some inside info. These kind of issues are always so puzzling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Lack of information on their website is the least of River City's issues.... ;-)

You can find photos of the limited on the McCammon website here.

A warning: it's a nice book, but the publisher had never done a limited before, and it shows in the final product. The artwork that's included peters out partway through because they only commissioned a certain number of them. The bigger problem is that the book is big, and the binding didn't always support the book. There were several reports from buyers that their books came with the book separating from the binding. So it's a pretty book, but it's also pretty delicate.

Because they'd never done a limited before, they knew nothing about a numbered limitation. I'm not entirely sure how many limited editions they published, but the books are simply numbered with a number and no limitation (e.g, "No. 38", with no indication of how many there were). I believe 500 were printed, but I don't know for sure.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Yes, 500 was the official number. At the time, they were talking about 1000 or more, and I honestly have no idea how many they actually did. I'm not sure they know.

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Happens all the time in the small press

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder how that happens.
    All presses print more copies of the books than the stated limitation, because some of them will be damaged in shipping, some may have printing errors, they need extra copies to provide to the author and/or contributors, review copies, etc. In River City's case, they initially told me they planned to do 1000 copies of the signed limited. I told them I thought that was extremely ambitious, given that McCammon had been away for 10 years and because River City was a small, unknown publisher. I suggested they do 300, but I think they settled on 500. But they never actually told me how many they printed, and when I asked, no one there seemed to really know.

I saw you posted photos of your copy on the CD forum. Since your number was 252, that would suggest that they may still have almost 250 copies of the signed limited sitting around....

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

I can't imagine they'd have that many still sitting around but it seems like they didn't have a strong advertising push, and it took me awhile to actually locate their website via google. And when i did it was their old site.

Country
    Country Flag

AFAIK, the only advertising they did when the book was released was the image from their catalog shown a few posts above and my announcements via the McCammon website. As I said, this was their first limited edition, and they're a very small press. They don't (or didn't) have a large, loyal customer base like Subterranean or CD. They may not have that many sitting around, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

On top of that, the problems with some of the books that I mentioned earlier (the books separating from the binding) caused some fans to not bother with it.

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the information. You are very knowledgeable.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Man, I'd love to read a sequel to I Travel by Night.

Country
    Country Flag

A new promotional video for The Five, coming in paperback at the end of this month from Tor, has been posted on YouTube: http://youtu.be/VowF6J6lGQc

The video includes parts of an interview with Rick in which he discusses The Five, as well as the music video for a song Rick wrote called "Darkest Night"!

You can find the video and the lyrics for the song on the McCammon website:

The Five promotional video and a song by Robert McCammon!

Please share this video far and wide!

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Any info on next Mathew Corbett novel?

Country
    Country Flag

Only that it's called The River of Souls and that Subterranean will be publishing it sometime in 2014. Nothing more has been announced yet.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I have all the Corbett novels in signed 1st ed HCs (yes, even THE QUEEN OF BEDLAM), and I've yet to read a word of them. I *really* need to remedy that...especially with yet another one coming down the pike very soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast