+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Results 976 to 996 of 996

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

  1. #976
    Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adrogué, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    7,589
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Fuck! I've been checking for my missing McCammon S/L every single day!
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

  2. #977
    Along the Path of the Beam ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    44
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wow, sure wish I'd stumble upon those kinds of deals...that buyer is one lucky guy (and is probably wondering (along with the seller) why in the heck someone else didn't also bid).
    For the first time in a long time, the lucky guy was me.

    The seller had a starting bid + Buy It Now price. You guys didn't sleep on an auction that lasted days at all - I snapped them up within 5 minutes of them being listed.

    This brings me to my next topic. I am selling off the books which this set replaced. Here is a link to the Mister Slaughter auction, which ends on Wednesday. Let the bloodbath commence. The other books I own which are to be sold are listed at reasonable prices, and 2 of them are priced at retail.
    Looking for:

    Storm Front Limited (Subterranean)
    All Masters of the Weird Tale (Centipede)
    McCammon Matthew Corbett series (Subterranean)

    For sale or trade:

    James SA Corey lettered
    Robin Hobb lettered

  3. #978
    Vagrant Dead Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wow, sure wish I'd stumble upon those kinds of deals...that buyer is one lucky guy (and is probably wondering (along with the seller) why in the heck someone else didn't also bid).
    For the first time in a long time, the lucky guy was me.

    The seller had a starting bid + Buy It Now price. You guys didn't sleep on an auction that lasted days at all - I snapped them up within 5 minutes of them being listed.

    This brings me to my next topic. I am selling off the books which this set replaced. Here is a link to the Mister Slaughter auction, which ends on Wednesday. Let the bloodbath commence. The other books I own which are to be sold are listed at reasonable prices, and 2 of them are priced at retail.
    Congrats on the great deal!


    Gosh I hope I can find Mister Slaughter #91 one day!

  4. #979
    Along the Path of the Beam ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    44
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wow, sure wish I'd stumble upon those kinds of deals...that buyer is one lucky guy (and is probably wondering (along with the seller) why in the heck someone else didn't also bid).
    For the first time in a long time, the lucky guy was me.

    The seller had a starting bid + Buy It Now price. You guys didn't sleep on an auction that lasted days at all - I snapped them up within 5 minutes of them being listed.

    This brings me to my next topic. I am selling off the books which this set replaced. Here is a link to the Mister Slaughter auction, which ends on Wednesday. Let the bloodbath commence. The other books I own which are to be sold are listed at reasonable prices, and 2 of them are priced at retail.
    Congrats on the great deal!


    Gosh I hope I can find Mister Slaughter #91 one day!
    Yeah, you don't know me or anything but in my various lurkings I read about the whole sad ordeal... You own a copy with a different number, right? And are looking to trade it off?
    Looking for:

    Storm Front Limited (Subterranean)
    All Masters of the Weird Tale (Centipede)
    McCammon Matthew Corbett series (Subterranean)

    For sale or trade:

    James SA Corey lettered
    Robin Hobb lettered

  5. #980
    Vagrant Dead Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wow, sure wish I'd stumble upon those kinds of deals...that buyer is one lucky guy (and is probably wondering (along with the seller) why in the heck someone else didn't also bid).
    For the first time in a long time, the lucky guy was me.

    The seller had a starting bid + Buy It Now price. You guys didn't sleep on an auction that lasted days at all - I snapped them up within 5 minutes of them being listed.

    This brings me to my next topic. I am selling off the books which this set replaced. Here is a link to the Mister Slaughter auction, which ends on Wednesday. Let the bloodbath commence. The other books I own which are to be sold are listed at reasonable prices, and 2 of them are priced at retail.
    Congrats on the great deal!


    Gosh I hope I can find Mister Slaughter #91 one day!
    Yeah, you don't know me or anything but in my various lurkings I read about the whole sad ordeal... You own a copy with a different number, right? And are looking to trade it off?
    Yup, I had a chance at the #91 of Speaks the Nightbird and missed that as well but since it's a different publisher it doesn't hurt as bad. Hopefully one day SP can get the rights and do Speaks the Nightbird. When I started collecting the titles, I had a high number for Mister Slaughter and a low one for Providence Rider (both bought from ebay) so I went with collecting the lower number from SP, that's how I have Queen of Bedlam #91 but not Mister Slaughter because of the order they were published. sigh....

  6. #981
    Along the Path of the Beam ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    44
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yup, I had a chance at the #91 of Speaks the Nightbird and missed that as well but since it's a different publisher it doesn't hurt as bad. Hopefully one day SP can get the rights and do Speaks the Nightbird. When I started collecting the titles, I had a high number for Mister Slaughter and a low one for Providence Rider (both bought from ebay) so I went with collecting the lower number from SP, that's how I have Queen of Bedlam #91 but not Mister Slaughter because of the order they were published. sigh....
    That edition of Nightbird really isn't the most beautiful or well-crafted anyway. I don't own one and have no machinations to acquire. As you say, hopefully Bill gets his mitts on the rights and does it properly.

    You likely will have more luck attempting to do what I did here, which is replace a mismatched set with a matched one should you happen to stumble across it. Then sell off your old ones. Let the White Whale #91 be someone else's problem, haha.
    Looking for:

    Storm Front Limited (Subterranean)
    All Masters of the Weird Tale (Centipede)
    McCammon Matthew Corbett series (Subterranean)

    For sale or trade:

    James SA Corey lettered
    Robin Hobb lettered

  7. #982
    Vagrant Dead Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yup, I had a chance at the #91 of Speaks the Nightbird and missed that as well but since it's a different publisher it doesn't hurt as bad. Hopefully one day SP can get the rights and do Speaks the Nightbird. When I started collecting the titles, I had a high number for Mister Slaughter and a low one for Providence Rider (both bought from ebay) so I went with collecting the lower number from SP, that's how I have Queen of Bedlam #91 but not Mister Slaughter because of the order they were published. sigh....
    That edition of Nightbird really isn't the most beautiful or well-crafted anyway. I don't own one and have no machinations to acquire. As you say, hopefully Bill gets his mitts on the rights and does it properly.

    You likely will have more luck attempting to do what I did here, which is replace a mismatched set with a matched one should you happen to stumble across it. Then sell off your old ones. Let the White Whale #91 be someone else's problem, haha.
    I've definitely thought about it...maybe if I come across the deal of a lifetime like you did.

  8. #983
    Gunslinger Apprentice brionen is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Coralville, IA
    Posts
    55
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Does anyone know the publication date for the Pocket Books hardcover of Mine? I have been able to confirm May 1990, but haven't been able to find the specific release date.

    I found a signed, inscribed, and dated copy in a local used book store for $12.50 and couldn't pass it up. The inscription reads "To Joe and Judy Fisher-" and is dated 5/6/90. I figure that has to be close to the release date, and was trying to determine if it was even pre-release. If anyone can help me out, I'd definitely appreciate it.

  9. #984
    Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY, USA
    Posts
    317
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    I don't know the exact publication date, but the earliest public signing of the book that I know about took place on May 4, 1990, in Santa Clara, CA.

    I suspect it hit bookstores at the very end of April, even though it officially had a May 1990 release date.

    Hunter

  10. #985
    Gunslinger Apprentice brionen is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Coralville, IA
    Posts
    55
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    I don't know the exact publication date, but the earliest public signing of the book that I know about took place on May 4, 1990, in Santa Clara, CA.

    I suspect it hit bookstores at the very end of April, even though it officially had a May 1990 release date.

    Hunter
    Thanks for the info on the public signing history.

    Publication date or pre-publication date would have been cool, but I'm definitely happy with the purchase for the price I paid: a signature from relatively close to publication, nice clean, white pages, no musty old-book odor, and a jacket that was in great shape (other than some fading on the spine)

  11. #986
    Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 will become famous soon enough Anubis2347 will become famous soon enough Anubis2347's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    332
    My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Anyone interested in:

    Subterranean Press Signed Limited
    Robert McCammon
    Boy's Life

    Book and slipcase are in Fine Unread Condition.

    PM me with offers.

  12. #987
    Vagrant Dead Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,415

    Default

    A real shot in the dark but does anyone happen to have a spare dust jacket for SP's limited edition of Boy's Life? I'm going to ask Bill at SP next week but I thought I might try my luck here first.

  13. #988
    Vagrant Dead Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,415

    Default

    Some Sub Press Proofs for sale...

    I Travel by Night proof - $50 shipped F
    The Hunter from the Woods proof - $70 shipped F
    Mister Slaughter proof - $20 shipped F
    The Five proof - $20 shipped VG+
    ALL 125 shipped

    And some Signed Limiteds...

    Mister Slaughter S/L SOLD
    They Thirst S/L (#91) $50 shipped
    Bethamy's Sin S/L $35 shipped
    Baal S/L Slipcased rarer edtion $100 shipped

  14. #989
    John F. Kennedy BigJoeHillfan is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Lettered Swan Song available on Sub Press site!! Hurry!!

  15. #990
    Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha has a spectacular aura about Phalucha has a spectacular aura about Phalucha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    246
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Is a lettered Swan Song up on Ebay - now I really want my copy to arrive. Is gorgeous - especially the effect on the case.

  16. #991
    Citizen of Gilead swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    505
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    How is the lettered out before the numbered..? is this a first in the history of all of Small Press?

  17. #992
    Traveler scarface will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Yeah that lettered shipped out at record speed! I don't recall any subpress lettered being published that fast....
    WANTED:
    Mister Slaughter+Providence Rider Lettered (W/X/Z) (Robert McCammon)
    Storm Front, Fools Moon (Jim Butcher)
    Half the World Lettered "LL" (Joe Abercrombie)

  18. #993
    Citizen of Gilead RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    How is the lettered out before the numbered..? is this a first in the history of all of Small Press?
    I think it might be! I was surprised to see that, too.

  19. #994
    Gunslinger Apprentice RichardX will become famous soon enough RichardX will become famous soon enough RichardX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    358
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    It seems like we should be getting close to CD announcing preorders for The Listener. I can't wait for that one. It seems like a long time since Freedom of the Mask. McCammon really seems to be getting his due at last.

  20. #995
    Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha has a spectacular aura about Phalucha has a spectacular aura about Phalucha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    246
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Looking at all the lettered copies of Swan Song on Ebay...looks like many copies were bought from the publisher simply to mark up and sell.

  21. #996
    Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY, USA
    Posts
    317
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Clearly. Two sellers have each listed two copies.

    BTW, the numbered editions began shipping from Subterranean yesterday.

    Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts