Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hunter, I haven't forgotten you - the books are packed and ready to ship, I just need to find some time to actually make it to the post office!
    8-) No worries! Thanks!

Nice photos, Sir_Boomme!

Yes, David Ho is the artist for The Border, and Centipede has used him for (at least) their Rats trilogy and The Shaft, and yes, they all look the same.

Note that the image above is only the art for the signed, limited edition (and the lettered editions). The trade hardcover edition has the art shown on the previously-posted proof. The limiteds and lettered are supposed to include the trade hardcover art as a frontispiece.

And here's my latest arrival, which came yesterday. Robert McCammon's "Strange Candy" is included. (It's very shiny, and I couldn't get a photo that didn't reflect something, so enjoy my mess of an office! ;-))

Hunter

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Hunter, is that the HC...is it out?? Or is that an ARC (don't see the usual ARC designation)?

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

It's out mine just arrived yesterday

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Great -- looks then like I'll need to visit CD's site soon and pick up a copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My McCammon collection (on Facebook):

https://www.facebook.com/noah.mitche...0828265&type=3

Also, check out our McCammon Collecting page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1549477971980893/

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for an advance copy of The Border if anyone has it. I just realized that because I have ordered a lettered copy it probably will not be in my hands before Christmas. Too long to wait to read! Please email me at paulhalucha@gmail.com if you have one forsale.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Phalucha - wow, does that mean you're actually going to read your lettered edition?? Don't think I've ever met anyone who's actually done that! With The Border, as with all new S/Ls, I order a lettered copy, a numbered copy, and two copies of the trade edition (one to read and one for the shelf). That way, I can spill barbeque sauce or get chocolate fingerprints on my reading copy without worry.
    F. Paul Wilson actually made fun of me when I told him this. . .he asked me if I was worried about leaving "eye tracks" on my books.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup. I buy them to read! Just finished reading the lettered Night Boat and I will read read lettered Blue World when it comes in too.

Country
    Country Flag

WOW. . .I'm impressed! I bet you're the only person who reads a lettered state S/L! Are you super-careful when reading them? Do you wear oil-free gloves, or do you take your lettered edition on the bus with you LOL?? That truly is awesome, man. . .wish I had the guts to do it! :-)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoahM View Post
    WOW. . .I'm impressed! I bet you're the only person who reads a lettered state S/L!
    I do as well. I even read my King lettered editions. And why not - that's what books are for.
    I'm not planning on re-selling anyways, and even if I eventually would, so be it.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Rock on, man! I'm the kind of person who takes a book everywhere. . .out to dinner, on the train, to the movies, etc. Not that I don't think lettered editions SHOULD be read; I'd just know for sure that I would drop mine, spill ketchup on it, or water, or whatever. The book would not survive a reading unscathed. That what reading copies are for! But I'm very impressed by your fearlessness!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So Robert's working on another Corbett book!

"McCammon is working on the next Matthew Corbett novel, Freedom of the Mask."
    http://www.nacc.edu/news/mccammon.htm
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post

That is a good thing. The last one had a cliff-hanger ending.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post

That is a good thing. The last one had a cliff-hanger ending.
    There will be four more Matthew Corbett novels, including Freedom of the Mask.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great news, I love the Matthew Corbett series!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Freedom of The Mask is an awesome title. To answer the above, i read carefully, but I would feel stupid wearing gloves while reading. Besides I live in Canada and it is so friggin cold I feel like I wear gloves for enough activities already.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Why are there so many reviews for the Border so far from when it's released?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Subterranean Press participated in the Amazon VINE program, which basically offers free products (in this case, ARCs of The Border) to Amazon customers in exchange for reviews. All of the Amazon reviews are from VINE participants. Some of those have also been cross-posted on Goodreads.

Hunter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Subterranean Press participated in the Amazon VINE program, which basically offers free products (in this case, ARCs of The Border) to Amazon customers in exchange for reviews. All of the Amazon reviews are from VINE participants. Some of those have also been cross-posted on Goodreads.

Hunter
    Ah thanks Hunter, I saw the vine thing but I didn't know what it meant. That's cool!

Country
    Country Flag

Robert McCammon book signings on April 9, 2015, at Northeast Alabama Community College. For full details, click here.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

This arrived today:

--a PC signed/limited copy.

Read it back when it first came out, and enjoyed it. Had heard several months back that McCammon had written/(Sold?) a sequel; does anyone have any additional info?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post
    Read it back when it first came out, and enjoyed it. Had heard several months back that McCammon had written/(Sold?) a sequel; does anyone have any additional info?
    It's called I Travel By Night 2: Last Train from Perdition, and Subterranean Press will be publishing it sometime in Fall 2015.

Hunter

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any idea when we can pre-order it?

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Any idea when we can pre-order it?
    Sorry, no, they haven't told me. All I know that it'll be out "Fall 2015." I can reveal that GraphicAudio has also acquired the rights to the novella. They did a production of the first one late last year.

Hunter

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'm in Vine and I could get a copy of "The Border" if I wanted, but I'm not motivated enough...plus other books to read.

I actually haven't read McCammon in years. I read all his books up to "Gone South" but then when he went on his hiatus, I guess I did too.

"Usher's Passing" is a very underrated example of his earlier work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast