Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1605

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck! I've been checking for my missing McCammon S/L every single day!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wow, sure wish I'd stumble upon those kinds of deals...that buyer is one lucky guy (and is probably wondering (along with the seller) why in the heck someone else didn't also bid).
    For the first time in a long time, the lucky guy was me.

The seller had a starting bid + Buy It Now price. You guys didn't sleep on an auction that lasted days at all - I snapped them up within 5 minutes of them being listed.

This brings me to my next topic. I am selling off the books which this set replaced. Here is a link to the Mister Slaughter auction, which ends on Wednesday. Let the bloodbath commence. The other books I own which are to be sold are listed at reasonable prices, and 2 of them are priced at retail.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Moorcock Elric Deluxe S/N
    Altered Carbon Letter X
    Wandering Star Leather/Deluxe REH

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Martian Chronicles Lettered
    Ender's Game S/N

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    Wow, sure wish I'd stumble upon those kinds of deals...that buyer is one lucky guy (and is probably wondering (along with the seller) why in the heck someone else didn't also bid).

The seller had a starting bid + Buy It Now price. You guys didn't sleep on an auction that lasted days at all - I snapped them up within 5 minutes of them being listed.

This brings me to my next topic. I am selling off the books which this set replaced. Here is a link to the Mister Slaughter auction, which ends on Wednesday. Let the bloodbath commence. The other books I own which are to be sold are listed at reasonable prices, and 2 of them are priced at retail.
    Congrats on the great deal!

Gosh I hope I can find Mister Slaughter #91 one day!

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you don't know me or anything but in my various lurkings I read about the whole sad ordeal... You own a copy with a different number, right? And are looking to trade it off?
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Yeah, you don't know me or anything but in my various lurkings I read about the whole sad ordeal... You own a copy with a different number, right? And are looking to trade it off?
    Yup, I had a chance at the #91 of Speaks the Nightbird and missed that as well but since it's a different publisher it doesn't hurt as bad. Hopefully one day SP can get the rights and do Speaks the Nightbird. When I started collecting the titles, I had a high number for Mister Slaughter and a low one for Providence Rider (both bought from ebay) so I went with collecting the lower number from SP, that's how I have Queen of Bedlam #91 but not Mister Slaughter because of the order they were published. sigh....

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I had a chance at the #91 of Speaks the Nightbird and missed that as well but since it's a different publisher it doesn't hurt as bad. Hopefully one day SP can get the rights and do Speaks the Nightbird. When I started collecting the titles, I had a high number for Mister Slaughter and a low one for Providence Rider (both bought from ebay) so I went with collecting the lower number from SP, that's how I have Queen of Bedlam #91 but not Mister Slaughter because of the order they were published. sigh....
    That edition of Nightbird really isn't the most beautiful or well-crafted anyway. I don't own one and have no machinations to acquire. As you say, hopefully Bill gets his mitts on the rights and does it properly.

You likely will have more luck attempting to do what I did here, which is replace a mismatched set with a matched one should you happen to stumble across it. Then sell off your old ones. Let the White Whale #91 be someone else's problem, haha.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

That edition of Nightbird really isn't the most beautiful or well-crafted anyway. I don't own one and have no machinations to acquire. As you say, hopefully Bill gets his mitts on the rights and does it properly.

You likely will have more luck attempting to do what I did here, which is replace a mismatched set with a matched one should you happen to stumble across it. Then sell off your old ones. Let the White Whale #91 be someone else's problem, haha.
    I've definitely thought about it...maybe if I come across the deal of a lifetime like you did.

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know the publication date for the Pocket Books hardcover of Mine? I have been able to confirm May 1990, but haven't been able to find the specific release date.

I found a signed, inscribed, and dated copy in a local used book store for $12.50 and couldn't pass it up. The inscription reads "To Joe and Judy Fisher-" and is dated 5/6/90. I figure that has to be close to the release date, and was trying to determine if it was even pre-release. If anyone can help me out, I'd definitely appreciate it.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know the exact publication date, but the earliest public signing of the book that I know about took place on May 4, 1990, in Santa Clara, CA.

I suspect it hit bookstores at the very end of April, even though it officially had a May 1990 release date.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    I don't know the exact publication date, but the earliest public signing of the book that I know about took place on May 4, 1990, in Santa Clara, CA.

I suspect it hit bookstores at the very end of April, even though it officially had a May 1990 release date.

Hunter
    Thanks for the info on the public signing history.

Publication date or pre-publication date would have been cool, but I'm definitely happy with the purchase for the price I paid: a signature from relatively close to publication, nice clean, white pages, no musty old-book odor, and a jacket that was in great shape (other than some fading on the spine)

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in:

Subterranean Press Signed Limited
    Robert McCammon
    Boy's Life

Book and slipcase are in Fine Unread Condition.

PM me with offers.

A real shot in the dark but does anyone happen to have a spare dust jacket for SP's limited edition of Boy's Life? I'm going to ask Bill at SP next week but I thought I might try my luck here first.

REMOVED

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Swan Song available on Sub Press site!! Hurry!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is a lettered Swan Song up on Ebay - now I really want my copy to arrive. Is gorgeous - especially the effect on the case.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

How is the lettered out before the numbered..? is this a first in the history of all of Small Press?

Along the Path of the Beam scarface will become famous soon enough

Yeah that lettered shipped out at record speed! I don't recall any subpress lettered being published that fast....
    WANTED:
    Half the World Lettered "LL"
    The First Law Trilogy (S/L)
    George Martin set (S/L)

FOR TRADE:
    Matthew Corbett (FF/W/X/Z) lettered set
    Swan Song,
    Crosstalk,
    Broken Earth Trilogy (SubPress S/L),

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    How is the lettered out before the numbered..? is this a first in the history of all of Small Press?
    I think it might be! I was surprised to see that, too.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It seems like we should be getting close to CD announcing preorders for The Listener. I can't wait for that one. It seems like a long time since Freedom of the Mask. McCammon really seems to be getting his due at last.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Some Sub Press Proofs for sale...

I Travel by Night proof - $50 shipped F
    The Hunter from the Woods proof - $70 shipped F
    Mister Slaughter proof - $20 shipped F
    The Five proof - $20 shipped VG+
    ALL 125 shipped

And some Signed Limiteds...

Mister Slaughter S/L SOLD
    They Thirst S/L (#91) $50 shipped
    Bethamy's Sin S/L $35 shipped
    Baal S/L Slipcased rarer edtion $100 shipped
    Tommy, I am interested in several of these, but I'm new to the forum and can't send a PM. You should have received a PM from goathunter with my contact info. He can vouch for me. Hope to hear from you.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking at all the lettered copies of Swan Song on Ebay...looks like many copies were bought from the publisher simply to mark up and sell.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Clearly. Two sellers have each listed two copies.

BTW, the numbered editions began shipping from Subterranean yesterday.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Clearly. Two sellers have each listed two copies.

BTW, the numbered editions began shipping from Subterranean yesterday.

Hunter
    I got my shipping notice yesterday (9/20) and delivery is expected on Tuesday, September 26 via Media Mail. I feel lucky to have snagged a copy as it seems that many people missed the ordering opportunity.

I'm looking to buy a first edition paperback of Mystery Walk (Ballantine 1984) that has the silver foil logo on the front cover. This paperback edition was published with three different covers. This is the only one I still need. The artwork is different also on the front cover and on the spine.

The silver foil doesn't show up too well in this scan.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hunter,
    Thanks for the email about the extra Swan Songs at Sub Press last week. I finally got one and it didn't cost me double. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast