Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1605

Thread: The Collectible Robert McCammon

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent deal
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Mine was released on audio yesterday; it's available on Audible.

I've also just finished listening to Mystery Walk. Really great novel, and the narration was very good.

I listen to audiobooks almost exclusively, and having these older McCammon novels available means I can finally enjoy them. I've been trying to listen to them in order, and seeing McCammon's writing get better and better with each novel is very enjoyable.

HBJ

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

I've also just finished listening to Mystery Walk. Really great novel, and the narration was very good.

I listen to audiobooks almost exclusively, and having these older McCammon novels available means I can finally enjoy them. I've been trying to listen to them in order, and seeing McCammon's writing get better and better with each novel is very enjoyable.

HBJ
    Great feedback. Thanks for sharing. ‘Mine’ is on my list.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Mine is an awesome read. My first from McCammon.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone want an ARC for the Listener from CD? I just want to get a case of beer and shipping out of it. LOL IT IS FINE
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

HBJ
    I really wish there were more physical McCammon books, I can't listen to the digital ones in the car bc I have to pause it to listen to traffic every 20 minutes and my car doesn't have a display
    to ipod hookup and it takes my nine minutes to find how to pause on the phone and shouldn't be looking at phone driving anyway. I miss the clickable ipod wheels.
    That's my story, hope everyone enjoyed it...

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post

HBJ
    I really wish there were more physical McCammon books, I can't listen to the digital ones in the car bc I have to pause it to listen to traffic every 20 minutes and my car doesn't have a display
    to ipod hookup and it takes my nine minutes to find how to pause on the phone and shouldn't be looking at phone driving anyway. I miss the clickable ipod wheels.
    You probably won't find a lot of McCammon books at your local bookstore, but I think you can order most any, if not all of McCammon's books online. The Alabama Booksmith even offers a number of signed copies at retail prices.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

My library has all of them except for some of the oldest ones. They even have all of the Sub Press trades.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post

HBJ

You probably won't find a lot of McCammon books at your local bookstore, but I think you can order most any, if not all of McCammon's books online. The Alabama Booksmith even offers a number of signed copies at retail prices.
    I was talking about audio books, sorry.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

If you would prefer CDs, there is a way to burn audible files to CD. I think it requires iTunes, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i have no idea what criteria Brilliance uses to decide which audiobooks to release on physical MP3 CDs, but there are a number of them available now, with Stinger, Mystery Walk, and Usher's Passing coming out April 24 and May 8.

https://www.robertmccammon.com/2018/...es-on-the-way/

You can find links to all of the MP3 CDs that are available on the McCammon site:

https://www.robertmccammon.com/audiobooks/

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    i have no idea what criteria Brilliance uses to decide which audiobooks to release on physical MP3 CDs, but there are a number of them available now, with Stinger, Mystery Walk, and Usher's Passing coming out April 24 and May 8.

https://www.robertmccammon.com/2018/...es-on-the-way/

You can find links to all of the MP3 CDs that are available on the McCammon site:

https://www.robertmccammon.com/audiobooks/

Hunter
    Sweet thanks Hunter! Looks like The Listener comes out on mp3 on May 22 and Mine on May 29. His web page for audio books on amazon is goofy. It's not as easy finding these, usually you could just click on MINE and it will say other formats available but audio cd isnt one of them but if you click audio cd from the author page it just has MINE and STALKERS.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...rnid=618072011

All good news though!

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet thanks Hunter! Looks like The Listener comes out on mp3 on May 22 and Mine on May 29.
    Ah! Those weren't listed the other day. They also don't tell me these things....

His web page for audio books on amazon is goofy. It's not as easy finding these, usually you could just click on MINE and it will say other formats available but audio cd isnt one of them but if you click audio cd from the author page it just has MINE and STALKERS.
    Yeah, I've told them about that, but it's never been fixed. I'll keep trying.

That's one reason I maintain the audiobooks page at RobertMcCammon.com.

Hunter

Cool thanks Hunter.
    The artwork on these are pretty awesome
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Robert-McCa...9b61%7Ciid%3A1

Do you know if they did all the stories and maybe who did the artwork?

Country
    Country Flag

Cool thanks Hunter.
    The artwork on these are pretty awesome
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Robert-McCa...9b61%7Ciid%3A1

Do you know if they did all the stories and maybe who did the artwork?
    They did not do all of the stories (notably, "Blue World" itself was not included). The William Windom readings are some of the best readings I've ever heard. Ever. He's perfect on those stories. It's too bad that S&S hasn't re-released these readings.

From the bibliography on RobertMcCammon.com:

Nightcrawlers: Stories from Blue World

Dramatic reading on audiocassette, Simon & Schuster Audio, 1989. Read by William Windom. Running time: 180 minutes on 2 cassettes. Includes "Night Calls the Green Falcon," "Nightcrawlers," and "Yellowjacket Summer."

Something Passed By

Dramatic reading on audiocassette, Simon & Schuster Audio, 1990. Read by Michael O'Keefe. Running time: 180 minutes on 2 cassettes. Includes "Something Passed By," "Makeup," "The Red House," "Pin," and "Chico."
    Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever known who did the artwork for those, though both are great.

Hunter

Great info thanks! I will have to track those down to give them a listen.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope it's ok to post this here..

After having been a Robert McCammon collector for decades, it is time to pass my books on to anyone interested. I found it very hard to price these books, but I think – HOPE- my prices are reasonable.
    Personally I feel McCammon is one of the most under-appreciated authors ever and I really hope that one day he will find a much larger audience. His books deserve it, Mr. McCammon deserves it.

Rules of the game:

*I am based in Europe, therefore:
    *All prices in euros. Add approx. 20% for the US equivalent.
    *shipping (including track&trace) will be:
    - €24.30 for one book.
    -€34.30 for 2 or 3 books (depending on the weight) – I will pay half.
    -€58.30 for 3-4, maybe 5 books (again, depending on the weight) – I will pay half
    -Within Europe, shipping will be less.
    *If interested, contact via PM please
    *As I am the original owner of practically all of these books, most are in mint, unread condition (F/F); those that have been read I marked with a double **. And believe me, it’s almost impossible to tell they have been. Read, that is, as I’m an obsessively careful reader….As many of us are, I bet.
    *Pics upon request.
    *Think this is it. If I forgot to menetion anything, do let me know.
    *Yes, I did forget something: I prefer to sell the Matthew Corbett S/L’s as a set; that also goes for the I Travel By Night books, the two S/L’s as a set, and the two lettereds as well. I will contact SubPress and let Bill know that rights to these editions go to a new customer.

**Baal, S/L (#75/1000) - €75
    *Baal, slipcased deluxe S/L (#82/224) - €185
    **Bethany’s Sin, S/L (#75/750) - €65
    **The Night Boat, S/L (#457/750) - €75
    **They Thirst, Dark Harvest, trade hardcover, embossed, €40
    -Embossed: my name is pressed into the front endpaper.
    -I think the spine of the dj is slightly faded….
    *They Thirst, S/L (#291/1000) - €75
    *Stinger, S/L (#335/1000) - €75
    *Stinger, lettered (SS/52) - €495 - SOLD
    *The Wolf’s Hour, S/L (#218/750) - €100 - SOLD
    *Blue World, S/L (#291/1000) - €75
    *Blue World, lettered (SS/52) - €495 - ON HOLD
    *The Hunter From the Woods, S/L (#231/1000) - €85
    *The Five – slipcased S/L (#78/274) - €145
    *The Border – slipcased S/L (#75/500) - €145 - SOLD!!
    *The Border – lettered (S/52, NOT SS) - €550
    **Speaks the Nightbird, River City, trade hardcover, €30 - ON HOLD
    **The Queen of Bedlam, Pocket Books, trade hardcover, 1st/1st, €75
    I am not the first owner of this book. It has been read by me, and maybe by the previous owner as well. I would rate the book as NF/NF. The pages have yellowed somewhat. The book is known for its poor quality. This is one of the best editions I’ve seen.
    *The Queen of Bedlam, slicased S/L (#78/374) - €175 - SOLD
    *Mister Slaughter, deluxe hardcover/trade - €35 - ON HOLD
    *Mister Slaughter, slipcased S/L (€228/274) - €200 - SOLD
    *The Providence Rider, deluxe hardcover/trade, €35
    *The Providence Rider, slipcased S/L (#78/474) - €195 - ON HOLD
    *The River of Souls, deluxe hardcover/trade - €35
    *The River of Souls, slipcased S/L (#78/474) - €175 - ON HOLD
    *Freedom of the Mask, deluxe hardcover/trade - €25
    *Freedom of the Mask, slipcased S/L (#78/474) - €175 - ON HOLD
    **Swan Song, Dark Harvest slipcased S/L (#129/650) - €295 - ON HOLD
    This was my very first McCammon S/L. Although it has been read, the book is in Fine condition. The dj I would rate NF, as the edges are slightly worn in places; I think from removing the book from its slipcase. The spine might be a bit faded, not sure though.
    *Swan Song, SubPress slipcased S/L (#75/500) – €175 - SOLD
    *Swan Song, lettered (S/52- NOT SS) - €750
    *Boy’s Life, slipcased S/L (#75/474) - €225 - ON HOLD
    *Boy’s Life, lettered (S/26) - €975 - SOLD
    **I Travel By Night, deluxe hardcover edition - €25 - SOLD!!
    *I Travel By Night, slipcased S/L (#75/474) – see Last Train From Perdition
    *I Travel By Night, lettered (S/26) – see Last Train From Perdition
    **Last Train From Perdition, deluxe hardcover edition - €25 - SOLD!!
    *Last Train From Perdition, slipcased S/L (#75/474) - €160 (sold together with I Travel By NIght)
    *Last Train From Perdition, lettered (S/26) - €790 (sold together with I Travel By Night) ON HOLD
    *He’ll Come Knocking At Your Door, trade hardcover - sold together with the S/L edition
    *He’ll Come knocking at Your Door, S/L (63/500) - €60 (sold as a set only)
    *Tales From Greystone Bay, trade hardcover – sold together with the S/L edition
    *Tales From Greystone Bay, S/L (63/500) – €60 (sold as a set only)

Thanks.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Nine of Robert McCammon's ebooks are sale-priced at $2.99 today for Kindle, NOOK, and Google (U.S. only).

The books on sale are: Swan Song, Stinger, Blue World, MINE, Usher's Passing, Gone South, The Wolf's Hour, Mystery Walk, and Speaks the Nightbird!

http://www.robertmccammon.com/ebooks/

Amazon
    Google
    B&N (NOOK)

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

Nine of Robert McCammon's ebooks are sale-priced at $2.99 today for Kindle, NOOK, and Google (U.S. only).

The books on sale are: Swan Song, Stinger, Blue World, MINE, Usher's Passing, Gone South, The Wolf's Hour, Mystery Walk, and Speaks the Nightbird!

http://www.robertmccammon.com/ebooks/

Amazon
    Google
    B&N (NOOK)

Hunter
    Excellent. Thanks for posting this.

WTB:

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any insight on why McCammon did not contribute a story to the last of the Greystone Bay books? I enjoyed his stories in the first three books of that anthology.

Country
    Country Flag

I've never asked him about it, but I do know that the fourth volume was published after Gone South, when McCammon was deliberately taking a break from writing to spend time with his newborn daughter. I don't know if he was invited or not, but even if he had been, he wasn't writing at that time (that was around the time he was beginning his research for Speaks the Nightbird).

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

From mail I sent out to McCammon-News this morning:

There's a new PBS series starting next month called The Great American Read, "inviting Americans to vote for their favorite book (or books) from the list of 100 finalists below."

Swan Song is on the list!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ies/515909002/

Very exciting!

Here's the link to the PBS page about the show:

http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/home/

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

From mail I sent out to McCammon-News this morning:

There's a new PBS series starting next month called The Great American Read, "inviting Americans to vote for their favorite book (or books) from the list of 100 finalists below."

Swan Song is on the list!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ies/515909002/

Very exciting!

Here's the link to the PBS page about the show:

http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/home/

Hunter
    Excellent! Congrats to McCammon and Swan Song. Much deserved.

WTB:

Lots of things wrong with that list (RP1? seriously?), but seeing McCammon on there is great!

Country
    Country Flag

Lots of things wrong with that list (RP1? seriously?), but seeing McCammon on there is great!
    The criterion is popularity, not necessarily quality. Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey are drivel, but they were/are undeniably popular.

Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast