Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: being Human

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, seeing the dad was
    Spoiler:
    really still alive was an excellent little twist. And Herrick remains as awesome and disturbing as ever!

Favourite quote of the episode,
    Spoiler:
    after that PE teacher prick sees both George Jr. and George Sr. come back from the dead in the same day:
    "Oh, you gotta be fucking kidding!"
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Stephen King reference too!
    Spoiler:
    "Isn't that the plot to Shawshanke Redemption?"

And Nina's comment to the
    Spoiler:
    Dad when he is rehearshing his speech for when he confronts his wife:
    "That's a bit too rapey."
    (Or words to that effect.)

Spoiler:
    I know rape isn't funny but spoken in that context tickled me for some reason.
    And I love her delivery.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, Nina's line and delivery got a laugh out of me, too. Actually, that's another thing i love about this show: every character seems to get a classic moment of dialogue at some point.

- Melike

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Page two.....imagine that.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a heads up, I'm moving this thread to Fedic Station

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Fedic Station? Whats there? TV threads? awesome!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the last episode of Series 3 today. It felt a bit disjointed, but overall was very good.
    Spoiler:
    There's quite a change in store though that will divide viewers. Personally I thought it was a good brave way to go.

EDIT- Just to add, a fourth series has been commissioned. Many fans are split on this due to the big change evident in the last episode, but I'm very interested in the different focus this will make.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I saw the last episode of Series 3 today. It felt a bit disjointed, but overall was very good.
    Spoiler:
    There's quite a change in store though that will divide viewers. Personally I thought it was a good brave way to go.

EDIT- Just to add, a fourth series has been commissioned. Many fans are split on this due to the big change evident in the last episode, but I'm very interested in the different focus this will make.
    Yes, I'm not so sure about series 4 - Nina is a very strong character and a good counter to George, but I just find her quite annoying sometimes, the stances she takes on alot of issues. But mainly because
    Spoiler:
    I think the character of George needed Mitchell's character and vice versa, to even each other out - plus I liked the dynamic of two guys and two girls.

Series 3 was my least favourite so far though. The dialogue remained funny and typically British and the protagonist/anatagonist plotlines were awesome - but what the hell was all the Annie and Mitchell bollocks about? That was so forced, and came from nowhere - I mean there they are, really great friends and all of a sudden he rescues her from purgatory and they start declaring their undying love for each other with no preamble. Plus Mitchell keeps saying how he's never been that way with anyone before like all the Josie stuff from series 1 and 2 never happened, and that Annie gives him a reason to try to be "pure", which is also ridiculous because up until that point he'd always said how George was the one to make him want to be a better person. I think the writers really failed with that aspect.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OK what the hell happened. i must have missed something...what happened to George and Mitchell? I guess i really need to catch up on this series...well ttfn.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I really haven't been watching the current series. At all. I know that, for Mitchell,
    Spoiler:
    he was killed off in the series 3 finale.
    But I am interested in what happened to George. I'll probably catch up soon, anyway.

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah son of a bitch I totally forgot about Being Human. I have got to finish Series 3
    If you love me then love me..

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We both managed to get a nice handfull of Sam Witwer yesterday. Super nice guy!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Heard it's the final season this year. I might get a complete series box set - be a nice, cost effective way of getting the first 2 seasons, which I really enjoyed. 3 wasn't quite so good, but it wasn't awful. No idea what season 4 was like, but I hope with series 5 it's ultimately a decent enough ending, at least.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I need to start watching series 4 of the UK show.

Has anyone here watched both the UK and the US versions? I tried to watch the first US ep, but it was so similar to the UK one - with just enough changes to make it a bit jarring - that I had no ambition to continue. Does it to that the rest of the show, or does the US one manage to separate itself enough to still be a good adaptation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2