Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you think it's possible that you are just a character in a book?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do.

8 40.00%
  • No, I don't.

12 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you think it's possible???

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Do you think it's possible???

Do you think it's possible that you are just a character in a book?

Roland would have understood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Letti, you know me....everythings possible, and probable when we believe!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can just admire your free spirint, Linda and you know it.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

As we admire your ability to create threads of discussion that are oh so fun!

The answer is within

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If my life is a book, the writer sucks...so far.
    Then again, maybe he/she is just writing a very long buildup to something...

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

nah. my life is too boring to be a book.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

my auther is f***ing awsome
    and if this is a book You F***ing g** son of a Bi*** y did i have to go o war

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikilledthecrimsonking View Post
    my auther is fucking awsome
    and if this is a book You Fucking God son of a Bitch y did i have to go o war
    Interesting.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I feel the same way.

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    What you find inane, a person that has never left their small village might find intriguing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to the question....

To believe that I am just a character in a book would force me to believe in fate. That is something I've never been able to do. The idea that I am not in control of my own destiny is horrifying to me. If I thought the decisions I've made throughout my life had no effect on my life why would I do anything?

Therein lay the rub.....Even if it were true I would not be able to accept it.

Country
    Country Flag

I see your point Harrald but when I am writing I don't feel I make the decisions. They do. My characters.
    I would like to write about something... I have a message on my mind and they start to tell about something else I would like them to say something but they say something very different.. and at the end of the story it's hard to believe that I wrote it.

Do my characters have their own wills and needs...?
    ... No, I wouldn't say that.
    Do I make the decisions...?
    ... No, I wouldn't say that, either.

These are hard and good questions.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think my life would make an amazing love story. You'd probably have to put some descriptive hair and muscles on me but Dora's just right as she stands.

Steamy...

I think it could also be a great story of hope.

**toots his own horn**
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think my life would make an amazing love story. You'd probably have to put some descriptive hair and muscles on me but Dora's just right as she stands.

Steamy...

I think it could also be a great story of hope.

**toots his own horn**
    Matt... you need nothing more than yourself to be the main character of a nice love story. Believe me.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've often HOPED my life was someone else's book. I've been through and done some weird shit in my life that I can't explain. Unfortunately, I doubt my strings are being pulled my anyone other than myself. It sure would be nice to blame it on a sick, twisted and fucked up author though...LOL
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

this concept is just too far fetched for me to think about. i never got in to the "oh we could just be a grain of dirt under someone's fingernail" arguments either.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm kinda not sure where you're coming from on this either...

Country
    Country Flag

For my part I have a quite boring life and I voted for no in the poll as well but time to time this idea comes to my mind..

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I understand the concept quite well. And I've left myself contimplate in many a time...not so much as being a character, but being a grain of sand (which I actually DO believe when you look at the grand scheme of things).

I just put a lot of value into the concept of free will. In the end, I think that's what we have. It may be skewed by many things, and we may all just eat what we are given on a daily basis, but we all do have the capability to question our own actions and change when we feel like it.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

If I am, then it's probably the worst, most boring book in the universe.
    In Digitized Remorse

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'm way too much of a control freak to even think someone else is in control of my destiny.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Chapter 87

Daghain goes to post on her favorite messageboard, denying the idea that an author could be in control of her destiny. "Oh, I'm way too much of a control freak to even think someone else is in control of my destiny," she says, but in the back of her mind she feels the twitch of a nagging suspicion begin to grow. Somewhere, sitting at an old typewriter, an author shakes his head and chuckles.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Oops! I thought I was posting bits from a new chapter of a book that I wrote last week in Turtleback Lane, my bad.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

In that case, could you write me in a tall dark stranger who is madly in love with me? That would be great. Maybe around Chapter 44? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast