Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'd pay for the service to watch it then cancel. I wish Mr. Mercedes would have been available on a streaming service. Or maybe it was/is?
    You can try DirecTV Now free for a week: https://www.directvnow.com/
    Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We need a good TV series of The Stand. I'm hoping this pans out and is a solid production with good actors. M-O-O-N that spells good actors.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlTYP6Fj5yt/
    joshboonemovies
    The writer’s room for my ten-hour limited series of @stephenking’s The Stand opens this week. Joining me are Owen King, Benjamin Cavell and Mid-World’s very own @jillkillsme . Ride the King’s highway, baby! #thestand #stephenking #cbsallaccess #owenking #randallflagg #thecircleopens #roylee #jimmymiller #completeanduncut

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

God I hope they do this right (and 10 hours looks right).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Can they be truthful to the book with the language and and other things that may pop up in the story on CBS all access, or will it be sanitized. I won't get all access to watch it though. I will just hope they release it on video. So that would be about 4 hours longer then the original mini series.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It’s a paid service so hopefully they treat it as such but I’m not holding out hope for that.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If it were airing on regular CBS at 8 pm, we'd know what that meant for limitations (nudity, violence, profanity); does anyone know if CBS All Access is as free as cable or restricted as network TV?

Is there a guess as to when this may air?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CBS-AA does The Good Fight and it's rated TV-MA.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

CBS-AA does The Good Fight and it's rated TV-MA.
    Is that "mature" meaning they use the word "asshole" a few times, or is the show heavier than that?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank God they're not doing that "one movie" thing they were tossing around before.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Thank God they're not doing that "one movie" thing they were tossing around before.
    Yes. Best-case scenario of that was a summary of something that could've been great.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

OK. I am starting to have hope. But I would also hope that it would be released on BR because that the way I would watch it.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    OK. I am starting to have hope. But I would also hope that it would be released on BR because that the way I would watch it.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that it'll be on BR, usually within a year of release as just about everything else. If not, I'll never see it. I'm not going to sign up for CBS AA, Shudder, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc., just to watch one show. The amount of streaming companies has just gotten ridiculous.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I'm not going to sign up for CBS AA, Shudder, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc., just to watch one show. The amount of streaming companies has just gotten ridiculous.
    I wish there was some service that could just lump together everything out there, and sort of "cable" it all into my house, for one basic fee, perhaps adjusted depending on what services I take...man, that would be handy.

Country
    Country Flag

Out of all those you really can't not subscribe to Netflix, come on. So much amazing content from them! I'm personally subscribed to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Filmstruck, and now DC Universe. Plus Premium on DirecTV. Yes, it's a sickness.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Out of all those you really can't not subscribe to Netflix, come on. So much amazing content from them! I'm personally subscribed to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Filmstruck, and now DC Universe. Plus Premium on DirecTV. Yes, it's a sickness.
    I subscribe to most of those as well, Mae. Getting kinda crazy and expensive. What I find helps is to divide it up with the family. I have a grown son & daughter. I provide the DTV Platinum package & Amazon Prime (The s/h alone is worth it at Xmas buying for 2 grandkids lol) my daughter provides Hulu and my son Netflix and we just swap login's and passwords.

The services keep multiplying, but I'm running out of children though!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I currently get Netflix because it just sort of became the only movie rental option when Blockbuster died, and then things like Stranger Things and A Series Of Unfortunate Events convinced me they were quite serious about entertaining me properly. I also get Amazon Prime, mainly because of the shopping my family does through them. Hulu and others are attractive, but at some point it just becomes too much to manage or justify. "YMMV" applies here of course.

My Mood
    Cool

Is there a possible date for this to start? I read the last page which talks about it being a 10 episode event, but no date.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Netflix & DirecTV are the only ones I subscribe to.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I'm not going to sign up for CBS AA, Shudder, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc., just to watch one show. The amount of streaming companies has just gotten ridiculous.
    I wish there was some service that could just lump together everything out there, and sort of "cable" it all into my house, for one basic fee, perhaps adjusted depending on what services I take...man, that would be handy.
    Would be a novel idea also if you could subscribe to only the channels you actually watch on cable or satellite. I probably could count the channels I'd want on two hands. I "borrow" Netflix and Hulu from my daughter , we have a Prime membership.

I'd probably subscribe to watch the mini-series, then dump it. I'm currently thinking of doing that with Youtube just to watch Cobra Kai.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    More can go wrong the Dark Tower than The Stand when it comes to a big screen adaptation.
    Hell of an insight you had there
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I only subscribed to the internet
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shudder's pretty cheap and they give out free months on a regular basis.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/the-stand-cbs-al...-stephen-king/
    The works of Stephen King have always been popular for adaptation, but lately the rights to the horror author’s novels and short stories alike have been selling like hotcakes. Now, it sounds like one of his most epic tales is still getting another chance on television.

During an interview with Deadline at the Television Critics Association press tour at the CBS All Access Conference, CBS TV Studios president David Stapf, CBS All Access President and COO Marc DeBevoise and EVP of Original Content Julie McNamara revealed that an adaptation of The Stand is still on the docket to join the streaming service.

Stapf and DeBevoise confirmed that the adaptation of The Stand is currently in development, with an intended 2019 premiere. While they didn’t reveal much about the series, it does mean one of the most exciting Stephen King stories ever is being prepared for a new series.

The Stand centers around the few survivors of a plague that decimates the United States of America. Two camps form — one amassing around the kindly and mysterious Mother Abigail, the other centering around the demonic and fearsome Randall Flag. It’ll follow The Mist, Castle Rock, and 11.22.63 as recent adaptations of King’s works being brought to television. It’ll also be the second attempt at adapting the story following a version produced in 1994.

The Stand is slated to premiere in 2019.

My Mood
    Cool

If CBS AA can be anything like FX is now, the cursing will not be an issue. Snowfall (which is great BTW) has a TON of cursing. So I don't think that would be an issue if AA can just to what FX does. Plus it shows some simulated stuff and backsides. And that is labled TV-MA. So it may not be HBO level, but it may be OK in the end in that regard. And FX is a regular network station on cable. So I am keeping hope alive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast