Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The idea of a long adaptation of The Stand has always excited me, but the chances of me subscribing to CBS-AA just to see it were never great. When they announced some of the casting, they decreased, and now this announcement likewise has decreased the chances that I'll push to see this. Yes, of course the idea of King writing something new for this should be a positive, but...I don't know, it just feels wrong, like it will play into the cheese that I (perhaps unfairly) anticipate.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

They have officially found their Randall Flagg, and I for one think it's very cool casting on their part

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...9Uf9aL1Zs0Qpds

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He's not who I pictured at all.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    He's not who I pictured at all.
    I agree. I do not like this casting but damm is that family talented...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lol I just realized Randall Flagg and Pennywise are brothers now.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the choice, but he doesn't look a thing like me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    How is this related?
    Flagg choice was great casting.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    How is this related?
    Flagg choice was great casting.
    Manson has reportedly been cast in the miniseries and this song will be part of the soundtrack.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/stephen-king-the...ess-late-2020/
    Stephen King's The Stand will be arriving on CBS All Access in late 2020.

CBS made the announcement during the Television Critics Association press tour, confirming the adaption would hit the streaming service in the fourth quarter of 2020.

They just gave a little update on CBS's new version of Stephen King's The Stand. It'll come in the 4th quarter of 2020. #TCA20
    — Aaron Pruner (@AaronFlux) January 12, 2020

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Vincenzo Natali is joining the upcoming "The Stand" mini-series (he will direct 2 episods), and is apparently considering doing another movie version of "the cycle of the werewofl" !

Here is a small interview I did with him
    >>> https://www.reddit.com/r/stephenking...i_in_the_tall/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice interview! I'll tweet about that question he asked at the end
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this ever coming out?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Is this ever coming out?
    It's still filming.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Supposed to start being released in 2020, but IMO it seems a bit short
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Eh still not sold on Skarsgard here. He doesn’t look at all like Flagg (imo) and the way they describe the “softness” sounds off.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

9 episodes? I thought it was 10.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

When the new show begins, the plague has already struck...As we meet the major characters in the ruined world, we’ll see flashbacks to their old lives at the time the pandemic hit.
    My enthusiasm for this decreases literally every time I learn something new about it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    When the new show begins, the plague has already struck...As we meet the major characters in the ruined world, we’ll see flashbacks to their old lives at the time the pandemic hit.
    My enthusiasm for this decreases literally every time I learn something new about it.
    Oh wow me too now. Why can’t they just follow the fuckin book?!!! People want (AND EVEN MORE SO now with the pandemic) to see the start of the “fall” is civilization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Whoopi Goldberg:
    “I’ve been fighting with not making her the Magic Negro, because she’s complicated.”
    Someone needs to break it to poor Whoopi: Mother Abigail is quite literally a Magic Negro (please see this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro before blaming me for offending you).

Country
    Country Flag

It's a negative stereotype, so what I think she means is that she's been trying to make it less so.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Too bad they aren’t recasting amber heard.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Whoopi Goldberg:
    “I’ve been fighting with not making her the Magic Negro, because she’s complicated.”
    Someone needs to break it to poor Whoopi: Mother Abigail is quite literally a Magic Negro (please see this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro before blaming me for offending you).
    That she was in the book doesn’t mean she will be in the show.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-stand-miniseries-update/
    Director Josh Boone loves Stephen King. In addition to giving the prolific horror author a small role in his first film, Stuck in Love, Boone has dedicated the past half decade to adapting King’s work. One of those adaptations, a film version of the novel Revival, didn’t come together. But the other, an adaptation of King’s massive The Stand, will be a 10-episode miniseries on CBS All Access.

We recently spoke to Boone about his upcoming X-Men film The New Mutants, but he also supplied us with updates on The Stand and told us what went down with Revival. Constant readers of King will be happy to know that Boone describes his touchstones for the Stand miniseries as being both Steven Spielberg and Oliver Stone, a combination that, somehow, feels just about right.

While a Revival movie is being made by Gerald’s Game and Doctor Sleep director Mike Flanagan, Boone took a crack at it. As he explained to us, it was important that he make a Stephen King project for personal reasons, and, quite frankly, The Stand just happened to come together first:

I love that book [Revival], but you’ve gotta understand, I put King in my first movie as himself, I had written him a letter when I was a kid. I’ve told this story so many times, ad nauseam, probably, but I was raised by a very religious family, and I used to have to kind of sneak reading Stephen King. My mom would burn his books in the fireplace. So I wrote him a letter when I was young, he signed some books for me, I went back to him years later, put him in my first movie, Stuck in Love, as a cameo as himself, and so over the next however many years after that, I dabbled in a couple different Stephen King books and carried The Stand from Warner Bros. to CBS over the course of five or six years. It was really less which specific thing, and like, one of these things I’m going to make. Once I’d made The Stand, I’m not going to immediately go out and make something Stephen King-related, you know? It took so long to make that one. I loved Revival as well, but I love Mike Flanagan, and I think he’ll do a fantastic job on that one.

Meanwhile, The Stand managed to finish production shortly before the COVID-19 pandemic shut down film and television productions around the world. Considering that the novel opens with a plague wiping out most of humanity, it’s either the absolute best or worst time for an adaptation of the novel. Boone is taking it in stride:

I know, right? It’s one of those things. Will you be pandemic-ed out by then? But so much of it isn’t really about that. It’s so much more what comes after [the pandemic]. But yeah, we’re excited about it. Couldn’t have gotten a better cast or a better group of people to make it.

As for the miniseries itself, Boone confirmed that he directed the first and last episode, with King himself penning the finale:

We were really lucky. I wasn’t there the whole time. I directed the first and last episode, I wrote the first episode with Ben Cavell and really worked on developing this for years with Knate Lee, my co-writer from New Mutants, and Jill Killington, who’s my other producing partner. We worked on this with Ben, developing this for CBS once I brought it over from Warner Bros. and got it up and running, cast everything, hired all the directors, and then right at the beginning, I shot the first episode and the last episode. And King wrote the last episode. So I already got to shoot an original King script, so I guess what I say is, I don’t worry so much about whether I made Revival or not, you know what I mean? [laughs] I got to scratch my itch. But we’re really excited about it. The cast is incredible. I brought Henry [Zaga] over from New Mutants and it has some of these actors involved in this project for years and years who hung on with me and stuck with me to go make it. We hired a bunch of great filmmakers and showrunners and just great people to help bring it all to fruition.

So, what does The Stand, a novel that combines supernatural terror, grand adventure, and grandiose excess, feel like on screen? Boone mentioned a surprising duo of legendary filmmakers as key influences while promising that yes, the fact that this will be a streaming series means they can embrace King’s R-rated qualities:

[We] thought about like Close Encounters and the way those Spielberg movies felt in the ‘70s, and crazy Oliver Stone movies in the ‘90s. Kind of merging those things to tell this epic, dark fantasy. I think it’ll be really cool. The main thing we have going for us that the original didn’t have going for it is that we can really do it at a really high level in terms of the R-rated content and things like that which just weren’t possible then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast