Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a trailer for a new series premiering soon on CBS-AA. I couldn't find the rating for the show but from the looks of it it's pretty mature, though they won't of course show the very bad stuff in a trailer. That said, all of their series so far (including Star Trek: Discovery) has been very well received and appears to be intended for mature audiences, so fans of The Stand should not worry about the network. With the news that they're making a Jean-Luc Picard spin-off for their Star Trek universe, it's making it sound like CBS-AA is a must.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, stupid question but where is exactly do you get access to "CBS All Access"? lol I have apple TV and subscriptions to Amazon Prime, Huku and Netflix. I also have Directv Premium pkg with HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc, etc. God Dammit I can't even seem to find an icon much less where and how much to sign up for or whether o not I should already have access!!!! lol Anyone help?

Not for nothing, but this shit is getting crazy!!! lol Maybe I should just bite the bullet at this juncture and just wait for and purchases DVD's for this stuff. I mean I signed up for Hulu just for the King programming. Otherwise, Hulu sucks both in content and service (streams like shit compared to Prime and Netflix which work great).
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, when is this supposed to hit our screens again?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Okay, stupid question but where is exactly do you get access to "CBS All Access"? lol I have apple TV and subscriptions to Amazon Prime, Huku and Netflix. I also have Directv Premium pkg with HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc, etc. God Dammit I can't even seem to find an icon much less where and how much to sign up for or whether o not I should already have access!!!! lol Anyone help?
    If you have Apple TV you should be able to get it there.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Okay, stupid question but where is it exactly that you get access to "CBS All Access"? lol I have apple TV and subscriptions to Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix. I also have Directv Premium pkg with HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc, etc. God Dammit I can't even seem to find an icon much less where and how much to sign up for it or whether or not I should already have access to it!!!! lol Anyone help?
    If you have Apple TV you should be able to get it there.
    Hey, thank you very much for the info. I'll have to take another look. Maybe my grandson (who's six) can succeed where I have failed!! lol lol Do you know what they charge for the service?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

$6/month with “limited commercials”

$10/month commercial free

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will wait for the DVD.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    $6/month with “limited commercials”

$10/month commercial free

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does anyone out there already have CBS All Access, and if so, how is it value-wise?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Does anyone out there already have CBS All Access, and if so, how is it value-wise?
    Have not heard good things. I think die hard Star Trek fans are the only people that haven’t been underwhelmed

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Too bad. I suppose if there was an off-chance that CBS-AA was quality, I might jump in for a bit. Good to know.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I will just wait for it come on BR.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Too bad. I suppose if there was an off-chance that CBS-AA was quality, I might jump in for a bit. Good to know.
    In their defense, they constantly promise that new killer content is right around the corner

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

A Titanic tease!!!!

I'll be in the shower.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, when is this supposed to hit our screens again?
    Next year maybe? No one knows.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-sta...bs-all-access/
    CBS All Access is getting into bed with Stephen King. The streaming service announced Wednesday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour that it has given a straight-to-series order for an adaptation of King's bestselling novel The Stand.

The 10-episode series, which will also be title The Stand, tells the story of an apocalyptic world ruined by plague that is embroiled in a struggle between good and evil. The series will follow the 108-year-old Mother Abagail and a small group of survivors who carry the future of mankind on their shoulders as they contend with Randall Flagg, aka the Dark Man, who is described as having a "lethal smile and unspeakable powers." The series will be written and produced by Josh Boone and Ben Cavell.

"I'm excited and so very pleased that The Stand is going to have a new life on this exciting new platform," said Stephen King in a statement. "The people involved are men and women who know exactly what they're doing; the scripts are dynamite. The result bids to be something memorable and thrilling. I believe it will take viewers away to a world they hope will never happen."

The Stand is just the latest scripted series to come to CBS All Access. The streaming service is home to The Good Fight, No Activity, Strange Angel, Tell Me a Story, Star Trek: Discovery, The Twilight Zone and Why Women Kill.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Man I really hope they put this out on BR. They seem to have done it with the that Star Trek show so why not this. And not to de-rail, but there will be a new Jean Luc Picard Star Trek story. One continuing story 10 episodes on all access as well. Like one 10 hour movie.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What do you think? Is King's praise genuine, or is this more of what he has to do to enable his adaptations to have a fighting chance before they sink on their own (a la TDT)?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What do you think? Is King's praise genuine, or is this more of what he has to do to enable his adaptations to have a fighting chance before they sink on their own (a la TDT)?
    I think King is being genuine, I know Boone's been trying to get this made for years now and King approved of what he was doing way back when it was going to be a feature film trilogy. He also gave Boone the go-ahead for Revival afterwards so I think he trusts him with his work.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's encouraging. A great Stand would be a great thing.

My Mood
    Cool

I just hope it will be on BR at some point.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I think King is being genuine, I know Boone's been trying to get this made for years now and King approved of what he was doing way back when it was going to be a feature film trilogy. He also gave Boone the go-ahead for Revival afterwards so I think he trusts him with his work.
    Agreed, but then again he's not exactly my "go to" guy got film reviews and such. lol

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read that the current issue of the REVOLVER magazine contains an interview with Marilyn Manson in which he said that he made a cover of The Doors' "The End" for the upcoming tv series, and he confirmed that he would act in it.
    Any chance that someone could help gaining the interview and what he actually said in it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but I was looking forward to see the actual quotes and if there were any more details?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Marilyn Manson could be Lloyd.
    I just rewatched the original miniseries this weekend. I still enjoy it, but it'll be nice to have an updated version.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast