Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten-hour miniseries of The Stand on CBS All Access

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I just rewatched the original miniseries this weekend. I still enjoy it, but it'll be nice to have an updated version.
    Yep. I'm really looking forward to this...
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I hope to hear some good stuff about this. I won't be seeing it live so I will have rely on reviews to see how it is. And I still like the original.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know the miniseries takes a beating, but it was faithful enough and entertaining enough that if the new series falls down on either count, I'll be pretty disappointed.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think some parts haven't aged well but it as likely as faithful as we're ever going to get given the new miniseries will probably find an excuse to change stuff like they did with recent versions of It and Pet Sematary. I also thought Jamey Sheridan was a pretty good Flagg.

Kind of a shame there will probably never be a Blu-ray release according to Garris (he explains why here) given that we've since gotten Blu-rays of the original It and 'Salem's Lot.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I think some parts haven't aged well but it as likely as faithful as we're ever going to get given the new miniseries will probably find an excuse to change stuff like they did with recent versions of It and Pet Sematary. I also thought Jamey Sheridan was a pretty good Flagg.

Kind of a shame there will probably never be a Blu-ray release according to Garris (he explains why here) given that we've since gotten Blu-rays of the original It and 'Salem's Lot.
    Finishing up my second read of the Stand and then my first viewing of the mini series since I was a kid. Curious to see what works and doesn't. Fun stuff.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I also thought Jamey Sheridan was a pretty good Flagg.
    I'll admit I hated him at first sight (that luxurious mane took some getting used to), but it quickly became apparent that he was doing a good job with the character (he nailed the whole charismatic/evil/handsome/intimidating/terrifying thing).

Kind of a shame there will probably never be a Blu-ray release...
    That sucks; I do hope something (it's a hot King market etc.) changes the opinion of those making these decisions.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I don't know every name, but Marsden, Whoopi and Kinnear are a full step lower in quality than what I would’ve hoped for

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Amber heard is an interesting choice for cross.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I don't know every name, but Marsden, Whoopi and Kinnear are a full step lower in quality than what I would’ve hoped for
    Lower? I think they are wonderful choices. Who did you want?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What...? I love James Marsden and think he's perfect for Stu. That casting alone actually got me excited for the series.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I guess I will never see it then if there is no Blu Ray of it. Oh well. I just stick with the original.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I guess I will never see it then if there is no Blu Ray of it. Oh well. I just stick with the original.
    Star Trek Discovery went to Bluray with bonus features. I'm sure Twilight Zone will too. The Good Fight only went to dvd. They have a couple of other All Access shows that haven't made it to either yet. Hopefully they'll put The Stand on Bluray with some bonus features, and not a dvd with no bonus features or nothing at all.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I think they are wonderful choices. Of course we have yet to see their performances.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think they are wonderful choices. Of course we have yet to see their performances.
    I concur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the original mini-series I can clearly recall thinking "Rob Lowe, WTF!". Then, for me, he turned out to be one of the better actors of that series. So I'll keep an open mind. At least if they put it on dvd because no way in hell am I signing up for yet another streaming service.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    For the original mini-series I can clearly recall thinking "Rob Lowe, WTF!". Then, for me, he turned out to be one of the better actors of that series.
    Same here; from the get-go, it didn't feel like we were "watching Rob Lowe," if that is clear.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I didn't want anyone in particular (I haven't thought about it enough to choose anyone, although I'm sure there are people I would like).

I'll explain my thoughts about these three:
    Marsden - he's been ok in some things, but to me, he feels very lightweight - he's not Stu material to me.
    Whoopi - I actually think she's a talented actress when in the right spots, but I can't imagine her doing Mother Abigail without it coming across as super hokey. She may surprise me because, as I said, she isn't a bad actress generally.
    Kinnear - kind of a middle ground between those two. He's sometimes done well with drama (not as lightweight as Marsden), but often comes off as silly to me.

Hey, they may all surprise me, we'll see.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Any ideas on who Marilyn Manson will be playing? I think we're all kind of expecting to see him as part of the crew in Vegas

I could totally see him as "The Kid" though

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-sta...de-1202659325/
    Stephen King’s post-apocalyptic horror classic The Stand had been adapted for television before with the 1994 ABC miniseries.

But CBS All Access’ upcoming limited series The Stand will bring something that will have fans buzzing — a new ending crafted by King. The streamer announced at TCA Thursday that King will write the last episode of the nine-episode series, providing a new coda that won’t be found in the book.

“For fans of the book who have wondered what became of the survivors of the stand, this episode will contain a story that takes us beyond the book to answer those questions,” CBS All Access EVP Julie McNamara said. “A continuation to The Stand, I can’t wait to share that with the world.”

The CBS All Access limited series is written by Josh Boone and Ben Cavell. Boone had developed a relationship with King while trying for years to mount a screen adaptation of The Stand as a movie or series of movies. Out of the duo’s discussions came the idea for the new act penned by King.

The prolific horror author had lamented in interviews that he wasn’t quite happy with the ending in the book, so he likely sparked to the idea of writing a new one.

I hear the new material will pick up right after the events in the novel. The script is still being written but I hear the followup will be a substantial part of the final episode, not a brief epilogue at the end.

Starring James Marsden, Amber Heard, Odessa Young and Henry Zaga, The Stand is King’s apocalyptic vision of a world decimated by plague and embroiled in an elemental struggle between good and evil. The fate of mankind rests on the frail shoulders of the 108-year-old other Mother Abagail and a handful of survivors. Their worst nightmares are embodied in a man with a lethal smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg, the Dark Man.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder which ending King was unhappy with. The abridged or unabridged ending...maybe both.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Amber heard is an interesting choice for cross.

She will be a bit distracting for me, personally. I have had a crush since Drive Angry (2011.)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Any ideas on who Marilyn Manson will be playing? I think we're all kind of expecting to see him as part of the crew in Vegas

I could totally see him as "The Kid" though
    Trashcan man!
    Maybe Ratman

Or maybe..."Ain't that right, Happy Crappy? " guy who drove Trashy to LV.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I wonder which ending King was unhappy with. The abridged or unabridged ending...maybe both.
    He tweeted: The script for that final episode is written. I was glad Josh Boone gave me the chance, because that final story has been in my mind for 30 years.

My Mood
    Cool

I can't wait for this, although I will have to wait for it to come on BR before I see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast