Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Fundraiser Auction Item 4: Full Dark, No Stars Original Art 1/1

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2011 Fundraiser Auction Item 4: Full Dark, No Stars Original Art 1/1

Ultra Rare! Only One in the World!

Auction Link

Donated by Cemetery Dance

Cemetery Dance shipped this book to Jill Bauman, Alan M. Clark and Glenn Chadbourne and they each drew an original piece of art (a Remarque) in the book (Vincent Chong was unable to participate). This is the only copy in the world.

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to our 2011 Fundraiser at TheDarkTower.org

The fundraiser benefits The Haven Foundation. First established with the help of Stephen King, The Haven Foundation helps “ ‘greatest need’ cases would be freelance artists—writers, readers, and those in the associated publishing industry—who have found themselves unable to work due to disease or accident”.

Paypal accepted
    Payment must be received within 5 days of auction close.
    As a courtesy, Cemetery Dance has agreed to ship the book straight from their warehouse.
    Book will be shipped promptly in a sturdy box with delivery confirmation.
    Sorry but we can only ship to the USA. International buyers must make advance payment arrangements to cover all additional costs.
    Thanks for helping,
    TheDarkTower.org

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've placed the first bid.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, thought of you Bob, when I listed it as "Original Art"-although I did put the dreaded "R" word in the subtitle and description.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    FYI, thought of you Bob, when I listed it as "Original Art"-although I did put the dreaded "R" word in the subtitle and description.
    It's OK. I see mistakes in listings all the time.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've placed the first bid.
    I topped you!!!! (For the moment anyway!!)

Dog's Gotta Eat!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ha! I'm winning for the next couple of hours!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And what I meant by two hours, was apparently 2 minutes, 0***n.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Ha! I'm winning for the next couple of hours!
    Gotcha by $1.67!!!!

LOL

That won't last too long!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's great to see that Chadbourne used multiple colors, I haven't seen much of that in his original drawings in people's books. I like all three, but his is my favorite.

EDIT:

To the low bidders upthread: I cannot imagine that this book is going to sell for under $300.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It's great to see that Chadbourne used multiple colors, I haven't seen much of that in his original drawings in people's books. I like all three, but his is my favorite.

EDIT:

To the low bidders upthread: I cannot imagine that this book is going to sell for under $300.
    Chadbourne's remarque is stunning, in my opinion also. If this is what can be expected for the rest of the remarques that CD sold back when the book was announced, I'm almost sad I did not take the plunge, price notwithstanding.

And yes, I'm sure it will sell for much more that $300. I just like playing early while I can dream of affording it, and at the same time, do my little part to help drive the auction forward.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I stand by my prediction of over $1,000 again, but one can hope can't one?

BTW, here on in, I'm donating to the paypal total $5 for every auction I bid on and lose!!!! S/B $25 in the bank now!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Default To the Winner of this Auction

It is noted in the auction that Vincent Chong, the final artist for the book, was not able to participate in this "remarque party", so to speak. That's unfortunate, but not the end of the world...

Luckily for whom ever wins this book, Vinny does remarques on commission! For as little as £10 - £30, you could be the proud owner of a FULLY REMARQUED gift edition of Cemetery Dance's Full Dark, No Stars. Assuming you've already spent the cash to win this auction, that is.

So anyway, I know that if I won (not happening), the very first place I'd visit is this website...
    http://vincentchongart.wordpress.com/commissions/

Now, go out there and bid on this book for a good cause!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The difficulties were sending the book overseas, and the timing involved. This was conceived minutes after the book was announced (with the hope it could be offered up promptly). If the winner wants to send the book to Vincent Chong-cool!. It would just add to the beauty.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's out of my league right now. Incredible book though. Much thanks to CD.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!!!! Awesome Auction Item!!!!!!

This oughta hit 4 figures as well!!!! So Bomber eats until we near the $1,000.00 mark!!!

Waiting for Treat!!!!

Licking Chops After Treat!!!! (disclaimer) You ever try to get a pic of a Beagle actually "eating a treat"? They 'Inhale" them!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that is a "Yankee" keychain Logo on his collar!!! What you expect? The Padres?

Now Bid and feed the Dog!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The difficulties were sending the book overseas, and the timing involved. This was conceived minutes after the book was announced (with the hope it could be offered up promptly). If the winner wants to send the book to Vincent Chong-cool!. It would just add to the beauty.
    I assumed as much, that it was just a matter of timing and distance that prevented the fourth remarque. I just wanted to make people aware of the option!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be quite impressed if this auction breaks a grand.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG i love that Chadbourne remarque!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous!!!
    Just couldn't resist and for a little while I'm the highest bidder.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Much, much like...I want this!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost to $500!!!!!!

Bomber doesn't eat until it crests $500!!!!!!!!

Bid & You Feed the Dog!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I just took the lead.

Let's see for how long.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not very long-about 8 hours. Just bid again.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uh-uh..I think this has gone far enough...

sk

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently at $536! Come on, someone will get a book with THREE original pieces. This should go for $999 (hopefully $1K, Ebay takes a lower fee).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast