Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lost

16 48.48%
  • Battlestar Galactica

17 51.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - 2000s Final

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well I'm guessing I really need to give BSG another shot, because I'm quite shocked that it's ahead of Lost. And I think I'm equally surprised that out of all the shows in this bracket that it made it to the finals.
    You mentioned watching a few episodes before Heather, but was that from the very beginning, or just catching the occasional episode on tv? Because i watched an episode from season 2 ages ago, and to be honest, it really didn't interest me at all. Then i got the box set of season 1 cheap along with the mini series on dvd, and bloody hell, did it blow me away! It's definitely something you can't jump on board at any point, which is one small weakness, I suppose, but then, it's up against Lost! I think you should give it another try.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears are excited. They didn't anticipate such a twist in what seemed quite a predictable plot
    Yes! We have Jean on our side! Victory is ours! (Nice little pun there for my French-speaking amis).

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This sucks balls

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Not that i'm criticising the BSG ending, since i'm a long way from watching that yet, just saying that it's better to go for an emotional ending rather than one that provides a ton of answers a lot of the time.
    BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things. It was above awesomeness from beginning to end. I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered but because some of the answers were just silly. Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things
    I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered
    Does not compute.

Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.
    Um ...

Spoiler:
    There was no flash sideways. It was the afterlife. Did you completely blank out during Christian's lengthy explanation during The End ?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things
    I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered
    Does not compute.

Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.
    Um ...

Spoiler:
    There was no flash sideways. It was the afterlife. Did you completely blank out during Christian's lengthy explanation during The End ?
    Read it this way:

not simply because everything wasn't answered

and it makes perfect sense.

As for "flash sideways", no I did not "completely blank out", that is just what everyone was calling it during the season. I know what it was, I understood the entire explanation, I just thought it was nonsense.

It is just my opinion of course and not meant in any way to sway anyone else's.

I still think you make a hot little Dharma worker!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Battlestar Galactica!
    I haven't seen one single episode of Lost - yet.

sk
    Well, what are you waiting for !?
    A great Amazon deal!

sk

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Ole feev is getting a little cranky 'cause his baby is losing. haha.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I'm guessing I really need to give BSG another shot, because I'm quite shocked that it's ahead of Lost. And I think I'm equally surprised that out of all the shows in this bracket that it made it to the finals.
    You mentioned watching a few episodes before Heather, but was that from the very beginning, or just catching the occasional episode on tv? Because i watched an episode from season 2 ages ago, and to be honest, it really didn't interest me at all. Then i got the box set of season 1 cheap along with the mini series on dvd, and bloody hell, did it blow me away! It's definitely something you can't jump on board at any point, which is one small weakness, I suppose, but then, it's up against Lost! I think you should give it another try.
    I watched the first few episodes of the first season, but was bored so I never continued on. I'll have to try to revisit it again.

Now as for the results of this poll... We really need to get things turned around
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    no i'm not, i won't give you bastards the satisfaction

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Um ...

Spoiler:
    Wrong Feev...it was a flash sideways...see spoiler.

Spoiler:
    During Across The Sea, when Jacob and Man In Black are playing that board game, Jacob takes his piece and moves it sideways. MIB says, 'you can't do that.' 'Why not' he replied. 'Because it's my game, when it's your game you can make your own rules.'

Jacob had Whidmore bring Desmond to the island to shock him with electromagnetism, this sends him to the afterlife universe. Not only does Desmonds influence in that universe help allow the survivors to move on, but when Desmond comes back, he's suddenly willing. This puts Desmond along the path to pulling the plug which allows for MIB to be killed (checkmate for chess) and save the island.

Thus, it is a flash sideways because in Jacob's game, his rules state he CAN move sideways.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears are excited. They didn't anticipate such a twist in what seemed quite a predictable plot
    I must admit, I'm quite surprised myself! Not because I think BSG isn't as good as Lost - far from it, I still haven't decided which is better yet, although I'm leaning towards BSG - but because the BSG fans on this board aren't as vocal as, say, the Lost fans. (Then again, let's face it, Who's also been heavily discussed by quite a few mega awesome members, and that didn't make it to the final round in the relevant decade!) I'll be interested in seeing how this pans out. I've quite enjoyed both shows, so I really don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Isn't BSG the one with the Chewbacas that get beamed up by that chick played by Denise Crosby?
    Only as much as Lost is a direct remake of Gilligan's Island.

Seriously, if you think of BSG as just another scifi show, well, with the original you'd be right. With the remake, I know you automatically think of Dwight Schrute if you haven't seen it, but if you haven't seen it and you enjoyed Lost and V at least, you need to rectify that right now.

Not that i'm criticising the BSG ending, since i'm a long way from watching that yet, just saying that it's better to go for an emotional ending rather than one that provides a ton of answers a lot of the time.
    BSG had one of the most emotional finales I've ever seen and it left much up to the viewer in the way of answering some things. It was above awesomeness from beginning to end. I was a faithful Lost watcher, never missing an episode, and imo the last season and the finale were a letdown, not simply because everything wasn't answered but because some of the answers were just silly. Example being the entire flash sideways nonsense.
    Ok, liking what i'm hearing of the BSG ending so far. Can't wait to check it out!

I watched the first few episodes of the first season, but was bored so I never continued on. I'll have to try to revisit it again.

Now as for the results of this poll... We really need to get things turned around
    Ah, that's a shame. Personally, I think it's one of the few shows made on network television that could match Lost for character development, multi-layered plot and depth. With gorgeous space battles, so that helps! I hope you like it more the 2nd time around.

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    no i'm not, i won't give you bastards the satisfaction
    Well, if Lost does lose feev, at least look on the bright side: we'd definitely agree that the best show didn't win this decade! True, we'd disagree on what that show actually is, but we'd agree on something, at least!

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just excited something is beating Lost
    SG-1 Didn't make it but damn it BSG just might and thats okay with me

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is wrong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    This is wrong.
    No, looks okay to me. Just need a few more votes for BSG.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I must admit, I'm quite surprised myself! Not because I think BSG isn't as good as Lost - far from it, I still haven't decided which is better yet, although I'm leaning towards BSG - but because the BSG fans on this board aren't as vocal as, say, the Lost fans.
    that is why Mike referred to them as "silent majority", which still makes me giggle when I think of it

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually think alot of people have voted BSG out of spite

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think you're right, Lisa. They have no idea...what we had to go through to be here today.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Wrong Feev...it was a flash sideways...see spoiler.

Spoiler:
    During Across The Sea, when Jacob and Man In Black are playing that board game, Jacob takes his piece and moves it sideways. MIB says, 'you can't do that.' 'Why not' he replied. 'Because it's my game, when it's your game you can make your own rules.'

Jacob had Whidmore bring Desmond to the island to shock him with electromagnetism, this sends him to the afterlife universe. Not only does Desmonds influence in that universe help allow the survivors to move on, but when Desmond comes back, he's suddenly willing. This puts Desmond along the path to pulling the plug which allows for MIB to be killed (checkmate for chess) and save the island.

Thus, it is a flash sideways because in Jacob's game, his rules state he CAN move sideways.
    No.

Spoiler:
    The flash-sideways was nothing more than a red herring to cover up what it actually was. There is no scientific application responsible for it's creation. It was the afterlife, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    I'm just excited something is beating Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    This is wrong.
    No, looks okay to me. Just need a few more votes for BSG.
    *finger hovers over the One Touch Ban button*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I actually think alot of people have voted BSG out of spite

My Mood
    Yeehaw

On the plus side, at least it's having a difficult time against such a multi-layered and wonderful show as Battlestar Galactica, and not against a cartoon. (Don't think I've forgotten about that Jetsons vote, feev. Or that Flintstones vote, either!)

Btw, Darkthoughts, Ricky, and feev: have any of you watched any of Battlestar Galactica? (And I am referring to the remake here, original just does not compare imo.) Because from what i've seen so far, it does share a lot of themes with Lost a lot of the time. With politics, to boot!

- Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No.

Spoiler:
    The flash-sideways was nothing more than a red herring to cover up what it actually was. There is no scientific application responsible for it's creation. It was the afterlife, plain and simple.
    Spoiler:
    There isn't supposed to be a scientific explaination. I didn't even say there was. Jacob is obviously a tool of God, Smokey a tool of the devil. It's called Flash Sideways because of Jacob/MIB and that scene where they played the game. I don't know where you got this scientific application mumbo jumbo. It's not back for forward because it exists another plane of existence, thus it's sideways. Sideways doesn't infer different timeline, it infers it exists outside of timelines (which Christian Shepherd also says, noting there is no time there).
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

(shakes head)

Such a shame you misinterpreted it so badly. But if it makes you happy, hey good on you !

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost.

BSG started out great, but started to fall off. Then it found it's footing again, only to have a pretty disappointing ending. I know a lot of people had problems with Lost's ending, but it was galaxies better than BSG's.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ack, come on Lost's gaining! More BSG votes needs! Yes We Caan!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

(shakes head)

Such a shame you misinterpreted it so badly. But if it makes you happy, hey good on you !
    The thing about interpretation in literature in film is that interpretations are rarely wrong. Unless you have direct quotes by the writers saying there were no flash-sideways and that it was most definitely the afterlife, then I imagine both of your interpretations have equal plausibility and relevancy.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast