Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lost

16 48.48%
  • Battlestar Galactica

17 51.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - 2000s Final

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'll be interested in seeing how Erin votes on this poll, since she is a big fan of both, as I recall.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Lost.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

BSG
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I'll be interested in seeing how Erin votes on this poll, since she is a big fan of both, as I recall.
    That was like me. BSG/Lost are basically tied for 4th in my top five favourite shows. I voted BSG figuring Lost would do fine with it fanbase. Will be equally happy for either to win.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To quote the last words of Georgia Lass, "Aww, shit." If this had been Lost up against any other show of the 2000s that I had seen (other than a fuckload of cable shows and Life on Mars, of course), I would've voted Lost easily, especially with its range of characters, its non-linear storytelling, and of course, the dual acting perfection of Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson on the show. Its philosophy and story of good versus evil, whilst constantly examining how one person's evil can be another person's good ("We're the good guys" being one of my favourite WTF?! quotes from the show) makes it one of my favourite US network shows.

However, Battlestar Galactica is so much more than just a ton of space battles. It's dark, mature take on the original story not only makes it a decent remake, it's inclusion of taking a look at more serious issues - including, but not restricted to, religion, politics, terrorism and death - makes it one of the best scifi shows on network television of the past ten years, if not one of the best network shows in any genre. At least, it is if it continues to remain as brilliant as the first season, which is all i've seen of the show so far and therefore the only reason why i haven't voted yet: it could all easily begin to suck at a certain point. However, i've just started watching season 2, and it still remains as brilliant as the first so far. I will vote, but only right before the end of this particular poll.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    BSG! ...'cause it had a series finale that...you know...made sense...
    Well, in my experience, just because a finale makes sense doesn't make it one of the best. If it provides simple explanations at the cost of giving a satisfying emotional resolution to characters we've grown attached to, then it can lead to dissapointment sometimes. Life on Mars when it ended gave almost no explanations story-wise (admittedly, that was mainly because everyone knew the mystery would essentially have to continue in sequel show Ashes to Ashes) and yet it is, on an emotional level, at least, one of the greatest tv endings i've ever seen. The whole range of emotions the show takes you on the final ten minutes is so amazing to watch that Lost has been the only show I've watched to match that kind of ending, so I'm pretty pissed off that it didn't make it this far, or even the sodding first round in the tournament, but not exactly surprised, either. The abc remake of LoM, on the other, tried to go for an ending that answered all the questions, and instead felt like one of the biggest copout endings ever made, not to mention be incredibly stupid on the part of the writers.

Not that i'm criticising the BSG ending, since i'm a long way from watching that yet, just saying that it's better to go for an emotional ending rather than one that provides a ton of answers a lot of the time.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The BSG finale has emotion in spades. I honestly had tears streaming down my face through a good part of it. I was pretty invested in the show, though. I love Lost, but BSG's finale was so much more awesome and movie. I can't wait until you get to it DD. Six Feet Under is probably the only season ending that hit me harder, and that is only if you count the Nathan stuff in the episodes leading up to the finale.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost was more emotion filled for me but then again, I'd just watched the 24 finale not 24 hours previous so I was already feeling loss at the time. Two of my favourite shows ended within 24 hours of each other, it was totally bittersweet.

Can't really say which of the finales did everything best. I felt Lost took a bigger risk in aspects of it's finale and in a larger spectrum, it's entire final season. BSG was by no means safe or predictable but it was a more normal and satisfactory ending. I felt BSG wrapped things up in a way where there was a few questions left unanswered and everything came to nice conclusion, character storylines and what not and it was all real fitting. The finale for Lost was excellent in terms of continueity and bringing together perfectly in the final shot of the show. From start to finish, Lost felt like a complete package and the last season did a good job of brining it back around to the first season, where as Battlestar simply finished their story and ended it. Losts ending definitely leaves more open to interpretation than Battlestars.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Battlestar Galactica!
    I haven't seen one single episode of Lost - yet.

sk

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm glad you've decided what side you're on, Lisa. I looked into the heart of this poll, and what I saw...was beautiful.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Battlestar Galactica!
    I haven't seen one single episode of Lost - yet.

sk
    Well, what are you waiting for !?

In other news, f*ck the current result.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are excited. They didn't anticipate such a twist in what seemed quite a predictable plot

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Emilys are not excited. Emilys are going to have a temper tantrum if Lost loses.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Feverishparades agree with Emilys.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More BSG votes!

YES WE CAN!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted a few days ago for LOST.

I totally loved both shows, love both finales, etc...

However, at the moment I'm watching Caprica and it's all "Meh" and has me annoyed, so I went with LOST. That's pretty much the only reason I voted that way. I loved both shows pretty equally.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I voted a few days ago for LOST.

I totally loved both shows, love both finales, etc...

However, at the moment I'm watching Caprica and it's all "Meh" and has me annoyed, so I went with LOST. That's pretty much the only reason I voted that way. I loved both shows pretty equally.
    Hrm. You can't judge BSG based on Caprica, as it isn't BSG. Caprica was a completely different cast with a completely different concept. It had some producers in common, but this poll is for BSG, not Caprica, if you voted for Lost based on Caprica, you did BSG a great disservice, in my opinion.

ETA: Woot! BSG is pulling ahead!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not supposed to be like this! We have to go back and do it over! We have to go baaack!!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Locke : "It's our destiny to win this poll against BSG."
    Jack : "No , it's not."
    Locke : "Why do you find it so hard to believe !?"
    Jack : "WHY DO YOU FIND IT SO EASY !?"
    Locke : "IT'S NEVER BEEN EASY ! Please Jack, I can't do this poll on my own ... I don't want to."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ETA: Woot! BSG is pulling ahead!
    Woot indeed. I love both series. I have the complete series Blu-ray set of BSG. I don't have the complete series Blu-ray set of Lost. So that's that

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot woot BSG!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't BSG the one with the Chewbacas that get beamed up by that chick played by Denise Crosby?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I'm guessing I really need to give BSG another shot, because I'm quite shocked that it's ahead of Lost. And I think I'm equally surprised that out of all the shows in this bracket that it made it to the finals.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well I'm guessing I really need to give BSG another shot, because I'm quite shocked that it's ahead of Lost. And I think I'm equally surprised that out of all the shows in this bracket that it made it to the finals.
    I doubt you'll be sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears are excited. They didn't anticipate such a twist in what seemed quite a predictable plot
    Yes! We have Jean on our side! Victory is ours! (Nice little pun there for my French-speaking amis).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast