Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2011 Fundraiser Auction Item 2. The Passage-Justin Cronin Signed Limited

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Any incorrect wording in the ad is mine. I assure you I have no intention of being "deceitful"-I have no personal monetary gain in the auction, just the joy of helping the fundraiser.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Any incorrect wording in the ad is mine. I assure you I have no intention of being "deceitful"-I have no personal monetary gain in the auction, just the joy of helping the fundraiser.
    I didn't mean to directly impugn your integrity. The wording sounded more like publisher's rhetoric to me than yours. I've seen the term "only a handful" many, many times on publishers webpages, ABE listings, auction listings, etc. It is, IMO, intentionally vague. Most of the time the entity or person using the term knows damn well how many copies of a particular book exist. To not state the exact number, IMO, means that there are more copies out there than a "handful" and being vague makes the book sound rarer than it actually is. I just don't know why they can't come clean, be accurate or whatever.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

They should at least have to prove they can hold them all in one hand.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    They should at least have to prove they can hold them all in one hand.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I didn't mean to directly impugn your integrity. The wording sounded more like publisher's rhetoric to me than yours. I've seen the term "only a handful" many, many times on publishers webpages, ABE listings, auction listings, etc. It is, IMO, intentionally vague. Most of the time the entity or person using the term knows damn well how many copies of a particular book exist. To not state the exact number, IMO, means that there are more copies out there than a "handful" and being vague makes the book sound rarer than it actually is. I just don't know why they can't come clean, be accurate or whatever.
    Thanks Bob. I do agree it would be nice if publishers would just say "x number" were produced. Or least "less than x exist".

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool over $150!!!!!! I think Carlos got, got!!!

Way to go folks!!!!!! It's a GREAT cause!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Less than 3 hours to go.
    Thanks to the current high bidder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3807wt_186

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

2 minutes...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It went for a good price, I think!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE!!!! Almost $200!!!!

Congrats to the winner. Looked like he/she "Sniped" it at the end!!! Good Job!!!! Great Cause!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

and tax deductible! (I think.)

Congratulations to the winner. It was fun watching snipe bids in action driving the price up in the final two minutes.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    and tax deductible! (I think.)

Congratulations to the winner. It was fun watching snipe bids in action driving the price up in the final two minutes.
    Yeah, it was kinda cool. Especially since I wasn't the "victim' for a change!!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sold for over $190!!!
    Thanks To Brian Freeman, Richard Chizmar and the entire staff at Cemetery Dance Publications!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Woo hoo! Way to go guys. Thanks to CD for the donation too!

(anyone else a bit surprised that it went for less than the McCammon proof?)

Traveler jball is on a distinguished road

Hey thread. Winner of the auction here. I stumbled across this thread during some of my research on this item. Love your passion for the cause. Yes, I sniped it, but so glad to see that another sniper kept the final bid at a fair, albeit budget-busting, value! I've bought (read "sniped") a couple other copies of this in the last few days and thought I was done until I saw the "Publisher's Copy" bit. So tempted - and when I saw the charity angle - committed! Thank you CD and The Dark Tower. I'll love having this in my collection. I do plan to buy the sequels directly from CD before they sell out, though (unless there's another Publisher's Copy at auction - hint hint).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site! Thanks for bidding and winning.
    There are lots of cool Cronin-The Passage items out there. What else can we interest you in?

OK - I can tell this is going to be an expensive question. Where is "out there?"

Quote Originally Posted by jball View Post
    Hey thread. Winner of the auction here. I stumbled across this thread during some of my research on this item. Love your passion for the cause. Yes, I sniped it, but so glad to see that another sniper kept the final bid at a fair, albeit budget-busting, value! I've bought (read "sniped") a couple other copies of this in the last few days and thought I was done until I saw the "Publisher's Copy" bit. So tempted - and when I saw the charity angle - committed! Thank you CD and The Dark Tower. I'll love having this in my collection. I do plan to buy the sequels directly from CD before they sell out, though (unless there's another Publisher's Copy at auction - hint hint).
    Hey there! Thanks for the awesome winning bid. It's a great cause. Your book is shipping tomorrow or Wednesday. There was an optional slipcase that we offered to customers who ordered the book directly from us. It wasn't part of this auction, but I was blown away by your generous bid, so I'm going to take my slipcase to work tomorrow and put it on your book -- it's yours now.

Also, are you a Stephen King collector? We were already planning to include a little "thank you" surprise in the package, and I want to make sure it's something you'd really want. If not, I'll switch gears and find something else that you might like. Drop me a line via private email when you have a chance, just to confirm if you're a big King collector or if you'd want something written by someone else. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a King collector....I'm a King collector! hehehe!

Thanks, Brian. Too cool.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

jball,

Welcome to TDT.org! Congratulations on your win, and thank you for your support of our charity fundraiser. I hope you stick around. Please jump into any discussion. We love hearing from other fans and collectors.

- Patrick

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jball View Post
    OK - I can tell this is going to be an expensive question. Where is "out there?"
    Signed US trade 1st editions, including the presigned books. Signed UK trade 1st Editions. Things like that. If interested, PM me.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thats really generous brian,good job

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, now that I am 250+ pages into this book, I wish I had bid on this!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2